Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2012, 22:22   #91
Junior Member+

Re: Coleman

Hello! I'm Brierls and I'm a Dale fan. Will Cilla be along shortly to start the questioning?

No surprises that I've registered to talk about Coleman. I don't suppose I'm going to add anything that you don't already know, or perhaps want to hear, but wanted ask a few questions.

Like the Dale fans above have posted, there are very strong 'noises' from usually reliable sources that Coleman is to take over at Dale early next week. I've tried not to get carried away with the rumours, for fear of being let down if Coleman doesn't take over (we desperately need a man of his calibre in charge!) but events over the last few days aren't doing anything to dispel the rumours. I don't trust the 'Sky Sports understands...' stories, but the people feeding the info on this occasion are usually spot on. Coleman's lack of denial about the Dale job, despite having several opportunities to do so, should be ringing alarm bells and now the bookies look to have suspended betting on the 'Next Rochdale Manager' market. It all points to one thing.

So, onto my question(s)...there can be little doubt that Coleman has done a fantastic job at Accy. He's pretty much done for Accy what Hill did for Dale. The thing is with Hill, it wasn't just Hill that was responsible for the success, it was Hill and Flitcroft. They were seen as equal partners at Dale, and now its the same at Barnsley. Is it the same with Coleman and Bell? Or is Coleman very much the main man with Bell as his trusty assistant? IF Coleman did come to Dale, would you expect Bell to follow?

Cheers.

Last edited by Brierls; 21-01-2012 at 22:28.
Brierls is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2012, 22:50   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierls View Post
Coleman's lack of denial about the Dale job, despite having several opportunities to do so
The 49-year-old remains committed to Stanley and is keen to stay fully focused on tomorrow’s League Two match at Aldershot, but was non-committal when asked about the Rochdale links yesterday.
“Well I’ve got a job here, haven’t I?” Coleman said, when asked whether he would be interested in the job. “It’s hypothetical. For one they’ve got a caretaker in place and two I’m manager of Accrington.
“There’s been no contact with the clubs as far as I can gather from our club so it’s pointless thinking about it.
“All I can concentrate on is trying to win on Saturday.”

Good luck when you get relegated this year

Last edited by Mick; 23-01-2012 at 05:14.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 23:20   #93

Football league show tonight opening headlines Manish Bhasin stated that coleman had turned down Rochdale and commited to Stanley, so as others have said until something changes and it,s in black and white I am quite unconcerned, but may i suggest the Dale fans on here don,t get to excited as I feel you may come down to earth with a bump, I think Rochdale may be better of concentrating their energy elsewhere in the hunt for a new manager.

PS there is a man at Blackburn who might be right up your street, he could have ya playing conference football in the blink of an eye.

Last edited by stanley convert; 21-01-2012 at 23:23.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 01:29   #94
Full Member+

To all the Rochdale fans coming on here; and doing what has quite rightly been quoted as "spouting" ......

If you want to discuss Rumour...Conjecture..Conspiracy theories, blah, blah,blah....I'm sure you've got you're own forums to post your comments on....

Bradford fan's came spouting the same garbage...........and disappeared without comment....They couldn't afford Coley & Bell.....They were ( and probably still are ) a much bigger club than Rochdale ( and Stanley ) will ever hope to be...

If I was Coleman ( which obviously I'm not) I would be asking myself a few questions which he's probably asked himself before (with interest from much bigger clubs than Rochdale )...Assuming of course the compensation can be paid........

1) Can I seriously improve myself and enhance my reputation as a manager by moving from Stanley or to another club (for another club, substitute that for Rochdale, or any other club for that matter ) with the offer that is on the table now?????

2) Can I seriously repeat the same successes that I have had during twelve successful years at Stanley with my new club??? Thus enhancing my reputation as a sought after manager??????????

3) Do my (potential) new employers have the resources to help me with my longer term goal ( i.e. enhance my own stock as a football manager )???????

4) If I make a mistake taking another job which does not work out , where does that leave my career????

Personally, I think Coleman choosing Rochdale would be a disaster....He'd be taking a gamble with a club that's already a bookies favourite ( and for that fact, any realistic football fans favourite) to achieve relegation from League 1.....

If he keeps them up, he'd be doing the same next season at Rochdale...fighting to keep an unfashionable team in a league that they don't have the resources to stay in......If they go down......big BLACK mark on Coley's so far impeccable C.V. !!!

Compare that to staying at Stanley..... Getting us to the play offs again hopefully (or with a good run of form it could even be better!! )

As clubs, There's only a difference of about 500 -600 fans !!! Rochdale may have the extra 500-600, but ambition wise we're way in front of that lot.

Neither Accy or Rochdale will win the Premier League....But I hope, IF Illyas reads this...IF we're an ambitious club.....back the man....back Coley (AND Bell )!!!!

Give Coley and Bell another improved contract !!! If only for another 12 months (extending what they've already got) and giving the two of them better terms !! Make it even harder or (even more expensive) for anyone else to take the dynamic duo away !!!! Where would we get two better men??????

If only we'd give Coley a little money to spend...We've spent sod all in years.....Give Coley £100k to spend....... It might get us to League 1....I'm sure it won't be wasted!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by Stanleymad; 22-01-2012 at 10:12. Reason: language
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 08:42   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheDale View Post
I came on here to see what was being said at the Accy end of things, and to share information.
You know what's being said at "the Accy end of things" - the club has made an official statement.

"To share information" - do you mean to "to share rumour"? If so, are you not disappointed by now? We have no rumour to share - it all comes from Rochdale.

If John Coleman goes, then he goes. Good luck to him. He has done a remarkable job at Stanley as we all know. But he is not indispensable. Yes, he will be a very hard act to follow - but there will be someone out there who will succeed him.

In the meantime, may I suggest to all Dale fans that you abandon your fruitless search for rumour and gossip, your reliance on media people supposedly in the know and your endless quotation of betting odds.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 08:51   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
endless quotation of betting odds.

that have now been suspended
Old 22-01-2012, 09:10   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
To all the Rochdale fans coming on here; and doing what has quite rightly been quoted as "spouting" ......

If you want to discuss Rumour...Conjecture..Conspiracy theories, blah, blah,blah....I'm sure you've got you're own forums to post your comments on....

Bradford fan's came spouting the same garbage...........and disappeared without comment....They couldn't afford Coley & Bell.....They were ( and probably still are ) a much bigger club than Rochdale ( and Stanley ) will ever hope to be...

If I was Coleman ( which obviously I'm not) I would be asking myself a few questions which he's probably asked himself before (with interest from much bigger clubs than Rochdale )...Assuming of course the compensation can be paid........

1) Can I seriously improve myself and enhance my reputation as a manager by moving from Stanley or to another club (for another club, substitute that for Rochdale, or any other club for that matter ) with the offer that is on the table now?????

2) Can I seriously repeat the same successes that I have had during twelve successful years at Stanley with my new club??? Thus enhancing my reputation as a sought after manager??????????

3) Do my (potential) new employers have the resources to help me with my longer term goal ( i.e. enhance my own stock as a football manager )???????

4) If I make a mistake taking another job which does not work out , where does that leave my career????

Personally, I think Coleman choosing Rochdale would be a disaster....He'd be taking a gamble with a club that's already a bookies favourite ( and for that fact, any realistic football fans favourite) to achieve relegation from League 1.....

If he keeps them up, he'd be doing the same next season at Rochdale...fighting to keep an unfashionable team in a league that they don't have the resources to stay in......If they go down......big BLACK mark on Coley's so far impeccable C.V. !!!

Compare that to staying at Stanley..... Getting us to the play offs again hopefully (or with a good run of form it could even be better!! )

As clubs, There's only a difference of about 500 -600 fans !!! Rochdale may have the extra 500-600, but ambition wise we're way in front of that lot.

Neither Accy or Rochdale will win the Premier League....But I hope, IF Illyas reads this...IF we're an ambitious club.....back the man....back Coley (AND Bell )!!!!

Give Coley and Bell another improved contract !!! If only for another 12 months (extending what they've already got) and giving the two of them better terms !! Make it even harder or (even more expensive) for anyone else to take the dynamic duo away !!!! Where would we get two better men??????

If only we'd give Coley a little money to spend...We've spent sod all in years.....Give Coley £100k to spend....... It might get us to League 1....I'm sure it won't be wasted!!!
Thank you, an excellent post in fact tried looking last night & the bradford wanting coley thread ended up being deleted such as the verosity of the visiting fans, i will have to have an ettiquette rule page for visiting fans from other clubs its not a standard footy forum where anything goes as of likes of free forums.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 22-01-2012 at 09:16.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 09:43   #98
Junior Member+

But to be honest, Dale fans haven't done much wrong on this thread. In fact the warning given for swearing was because of posts from Accrington fans.

Maybe aim an etiquette rule page for all football fans rather than those from other teams.
Dale2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 10:00   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
that have now been suspended
To be fair I wouldn't take too much notice of this - with such a small market as "Next Rochdale Manager" it'll be a case of too much money has been put on Coley due to the comments of Rochdale's "right 99% of the time" reporter and so they will close it because the bets aren't being spread to cover any payouts.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 10:17   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale2012 View Post
But to be honest, Dale fans haven't done much wrong on this thread. In fact the warning given for swearing was because of posts from Accrington fans.

Maybe aim an etiquette rule page for all football fans rather than those from other teams.
Give me chance, im working on it, problem with these sort of threads get out of hand too quickly, im sure if stanley fans came on your board mob handed then the sharp shrift would apply also

I dont go on other footy team boards they are territorial rightfully

Now ....can we get back to the topic of discussion [im now bending over backwards] are we discussing rumour, fact or just want a low down of coleman?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 22-01-2012, 10:27   #101
Junior Member+

All fans are welcome on our board. Only people given short shrift is anyone talking rubbish! Often our own lot!

We're discussing rumours. If Coleman had categorically ruled out a move I doubt this thread would even exist, until he does the stories/rumours/opinion will no doubt continue to flow.
Dale2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 10:51   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale2012 View Post
All fans are welcome on our board. Only people given short shrift is anyone talking rubbish! Often our own lot!

We're discussing rumours. If Coleman had categorically ruled out a move I doubt this thread would even exist, until he does the stories/rumours/opinion will no doubt continue to flow.
Ahhh ok thank you

Trouble is rumours can be damaging all round, thing is with stanley fans here is that over the years we've had many a rumour fly here to point many took so seriously only to discover there wasnt much fact in it, the discussions got so intense that i had to close down the thread - up most of night sorting it, hence why i stomped in the way i have & why i asked about the fact.

No we cant stop rumour & the main common ground is the Q is it gonna happen or not, do dale gain or do stanley lose management, not saying that it hasnt crossed our minds too but stanley fans have hardened to believe when we see it, as the likes of players whom have gone or ones coming to the club.

We know full well why dale [as other clubs no doubt] see that coley is a good prospect & would do well with a bigger budget........well yes i suppose, but the major magic he achieves at stanley is the ability to turn an average player into a brilliant player, whether he could do the same elsewhere i dont know because of his budget at stanley he has had to make do & that could be the force behind it. Can i see him going?.........i dont think so but then again he could, think if he was that keen he would of gone like a shot, the fact he has publically stated he hasnt gone & stanley is still part of his drive then its clever for one or not convinced for another. No doubt stanley fans would be last to know if he does step out, but think he's staying at least this week

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 22-01-2012, 11:51   #103
God Member

Sorry people as such a fuss was made of the moderation, you will find the thread shorter & ALL posts that was ott, off topic, language, links with no description & personal have all been removed & thread reported, so admin can have a shufty to make sure all rules of posts have been dealt with properly & fairly even the moderator ones. If ANYONE has a problem with me or moderations please drop me a pm or with the admin team i will happily be accountable but will not respond on thread & will be removed. I wasnt over zelous enough

Any missed ones or other posts that is problematic - use the report button, then any mod can take relevant action.

The real & only point i want to make as a poster [moderators are human & not robotic] is que cera cera on the subject of whos going or coming to the club, shall believe things with my eyes & not rumours imho.

Many thanks
stanleymad

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 22-01-2012 at 11:59.
Old 22-01-2012, 12:00   #104
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
To be fair I wouldn't take too much notice of this - with such a small market as "Next Rochdale Manager" it'll be a case of too much money has been put on Coley due to the comments of Rochdale's "right 99% of the time" reporter and so they will close it because the bets aren't being spread to cover any payouts.
Just spoken to a mate at Sky bet and the market was taken down because Coleman had been backed at 1/4. However, the money had not come from the Rochdale (or Accrington or Liverpool lol) area

Last edited by Stanleymad; 22-01-2012 at 12:04. Reason: link removed
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 12:47   #105
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Just spoken to a mate at Sky bet and the market was taken down because Coleman had been backed at 1/4. However, the money had not come from the Rochdale (or Accrington or Liverpool lol) area
Have you got a mate who works at Stan James as well? Perhaps you could shed some light on that one too.

I've just had a gander at Coleman's post match interview on your OS, I think there's been an issue with the upload. The press chap says he'll talk about the game first, then ask about a few 'other issues'. He does talk about the game, but then the uploaded interview stops suddenly without any mention of 'other issues'. I was expecting the interviewer to ask about the Dale link and Coleman to deny any interest and pledge his allegiance to Accy...
Brierls is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..