Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2012, 21:09   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Coleman

No disrespect to Dale, but will be amazed if Coley decides to go yon, as they always say "Its Good To Talk"
Old 22-01-2012, 21:10   #122
Senior Member+

Those who attended Saturdays game,did you pick up that Coleman applauded the fans for at least 20 seconds longer than normal?,it crossed my mind something may be going on and the wife even picked up on it.If he goes he's on a no loser,if he keeps them up he's an hero,if they go down he can't really be blamed.
He's a very clever footballing man and won't go into anything blind
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:12   #123
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncoatred View Post
So far Coley`s been going to every club with a vacancy over the last few seasons. Bradford 2 or 3 times, Morecambe, Port Vale twice. Rochdale(this is the second time they wanted him), Bury. Any more anybody??

Rochdale job should go to Phil Brown. He`s working his way down the leagues. lol. And currently unemployed.
When was the first time?
Dale2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:12   #124

Job for life at Stanley, 12 months tops at Dale. They are coming down - fact. If they are not top two this time next year he will be gone. Your move John. Think long and think hard.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:13   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
No because they couldn't afford the compensation. I suspect he would have gone to Bradford had the chance arrived. In truth, they are a massive club compared to Rochdale.
Correct. Which i hope is considered while having talks. Rochdale is a step up, but not a big one in comparison to what he could have had, dale are a league 1 club at best, as were we are league 2. If he goes to dale and they get relegated then his reputation takes a hit.....

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:17   #126
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Job for life at Stanley, 12 months tops at Dale. They are coming down - fact. If they are not top two this time next year he will be gone. Your move John. Think long and think hard.
Doubt it. We fully expect to be relegated, the squad is all over the place and needs a lot of work. If Coleman performs a miracle, all well and good. Relegation and we'll be happy to stabilise. Few Dale fans are under any illusions where we stand in the grand scheme of things.
Dale2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:19   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
I hate rochdale with a passion.
Why ash? yeh can't blame em fer wanting Coley? Should be a bigger club to me,hes earned that right, but Rochdale they aint much different to us, n unlike accyaggro i don't think its a step up, "Accrington Stanley" are known all oer the world, Who knows rochdale?
Old 22-01-2012, 21:19   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale2012 View Post
When was the first time?
It was a strong rumour and popular with Rochdale fans when Hill Did A Runner
huncoatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:22   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why ash? yeh can't blame em fer wanting Coley? Should be a bigger club to me,hes earned that right, but Rochdale they aint much different to us, n unlike accyaggro i don't think its a step up, "Accrington Stanley" are known all oer the world, Who knows rochdale?
That's a fair point. far more kudos in managing the world famous ACCRINGTON STANLEY than the largely unheard of Rochdale FC.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:28   #130

How can going to a club with a bigger ground, fanbase, facilities etc not be a step up??

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:37   #131

If the unthinkable does happen and I think it will. Who the hell are we going to attract with the wages and budget? We would need something in Colemans departure deal to stop him asset stripping the squad.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:46   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
If the unthinkable does happen and I think it will. Who the hell are we going to attract with the wages and budget? We would need something in Colemans departure deal to stop him asset stripping the squad.
Gary Lowe at Hyde is performing miracles, but lets not get ahead of ourselves shall we
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:50   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale2012 View Post
When was the first time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
lets not get ahead of ourselves shall we

agreed. no panic yet. he`s only got permission to talk to them.

Last edited by Neil; 22-01-2012 at 22:17. Reason: fix quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:58   #134
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncoatred View Post
agreed. no panic yet. he`s only got permission to talk to them.
A little bit more than permission, he wants to talk with Dale, but I certainly won't be celebrating until I get the official text.
Brierls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 22:04   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierls View Post
A little bit more than permission, he wants to talk with Dale
It`s `Dale that wants to speak to him and a sensible man would listen and see what`s on offer.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..