Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2013, 20:06   #1

Coleman

A friend of mine has informed me that mr Coleman is a red hot certainty to replace Alan wright over at southport. I wander if davo7 can shed any light . Personally think he's much better than that
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-12-2013, 20:40   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rude-dog View Post
A friend of mine has informed me that mr Coleman is a red hot certainty to replace Alan wright over at southport. I wander if davo7 can shed any light . Personally think he's much better than that
According to the Non-League Paper today, it looks like it's a certainty: John Coleman Set For Southport Job | The Non League Football Paper - Daily football news

Club legend, former top-scorer, no travelling; it looks like the ideal job. Best wishes to Coley if he takes it.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 22:26   #3
Senior Member+

Good luck to JC if he gets the job. Southport have been a bit of a yo yo club for a while now. As others have said, little travelling to get to the club. Would be interesting to find out if JB will leave Port Vale and rejoin him?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 23:00   #4
Resting in Peace

Who is this fella? Sure doesn't look like Coley to me!

John Coleman Set For Southport Job | The Non League Football Paper - Daily football news
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:48   #5
Senior Member+

Good luck to Coley in his new job:
Official Southport Website

No game until Salisbury away on the 21st so plenty of time to sort out his team.

Last edited by MikeA; 07-12-2013 at 07:52.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:33   #6
Senior Member+

How long before he signs Craney?

DAV007 likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 13:50   #7
God Member

good luck Coley. I think Southport would be a good fit for him and I think he has a few quid to spend there. They have Nathan Ellington up front who is probably too good for that level, and also Richard Brodie who I think is the most expensive transfer fee to a Conference club.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he got them promoted out of that league inside of a couple of years.
Old 07-12-2013, 14:06   #8
Senior Member+

With the size of the budget some of the clubs in that League have, it probably would be his greatest achievement.

Good luck to him.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 15:07   #9
Senior Member+

Interesting move by Coley.
He has taken on a big challenge thats for sure.

As per usual, the conference is 2 mini leagues playwd out at the top by those who are full time and at the bottom by those who are part time.

Sadly for him, they have no plans to go full time.

I think they where joint 2nd favs for the drop?

He is better than a part time small conference club IMO, But it does give him the chance to show his footballing genius against all the odds once again

Last edited by DAV007; 07-12-2013 at 15:10.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 15:42   #10
Senior Member+

Yet Nuneaton are 4th and being run part time....
cashman likes this.
Old 07-12-2013, 16:32   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

As per usual, the conference is 2 mini leagues playwd out at the top by those who are full time and at the bottom by those who are part time.

He is better than a part time small conference club IMO, But it does give him the chance to show his footballing genius against all the odds once again

DAV ......Is there any truth in the rumour you're going house hunting in Southport tomorrow ??? PS...Good Luck to Coley
smudgie and DAV007 like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 19:16   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

Stanley had no plans to go full-time until King Coley waved his wand
maccawozzagod likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 00:17   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Yet Nuneaton are 4th and being run part time....
there is always an exception to the rule, but generally its full time top half part time bottom half.

I cant help feel sorry for Hyde, relegated by February?
Skrill Premier Latest news on the new Skrill Premier, North and South season
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 13:51   #14
Senior Member+

I dont feel sorry for them.

They (Man City) spent an absolute fortune getting out of Conference North.

Obviously not sustainable.
Old 08-12-2013, 16:55   #15

Any club that changes their name, colours and history to chase the dollar gets no sympathy from me...although the true fans do of course.

There is no doubt that the Southport public are even more apathetic than Accringtons. A lovely old club who were the last victims of the corrupt re-election system.

It would be a real trick for Coley to take them up although the Conference now is much harder than our time there and is now basically League 3. How Luton don't romp it every year is beyond me.

Up the Port!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..