Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2016, 18:12   #16

Re: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
they are not there to keep everyone happy just manage a game of football useing common sense. they also have another 3 pairs of eyes helping them. a lot of the problems are due to pre match instructions given out. i,ve had things like only i give penaltys told to me by more than one plus the game is for my benefit brigade.
Eh?????[/QUOTE]

Me know understand either.......
Maybe I am just an old numpty??
First half OK, second not so....

But.... on re-reading, are you saying that Refs only appear, selfishly, for THEIR OWN benefit ??
keep the faith likes this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2016, 08:31   #17
God Member

i,ll try to explain a little more. referees give their assistants before the game instructions on what and not what they want from from them. this varies from take left backs thats the position on the field where they all run now, and help as much as you can to the ones who basically want you just to do offsides and ball in and out of play and leave the rest to them. as i said before i,ve had referees say things like we,re the most important team out there etc. which does come over as the game is for their benefit.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 11:12   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i,ll try to explain a little more. referees give their assistants before the game instructions on what and not what they want from from them. this varies from take left backs thats the position on the field where they all run now, and help as much as you can to the ones who basically want you just to do offsides and ball in and out of play and leave the rest to them. as i said before i,ve had referees say things like we,re the most important team out there etc. which does come over as the game is for their benefit.
Ehhh???
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 16:21   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger
referees give their assistants before the game
What about their assistants during the game?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 08:16   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
What about their assistants during the game?
they,ve had their instructions from the referee on what to do during the game beforehand. simples.
Old 18-11-2016, 10:41   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
they,ve had their instructions from the referee on what to do during the game beforehand. simples.
Surely the assistants are there to give another opinion on incidents not be yes sir no sir with the ref
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 08:09   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Surely the assistants are there to give another opinion on incidents not be yes sir no sir with the ref
i agree one hundred per cent with you but its not always the case. read my other posts. i still referee on a sunday morning and have run the line at a decent non league level in the past so i know what i,m on about as these things have happened to me.
Old 19-11-2016, 10:54   #23
Full Member+

and I thought this thread was about John Coleman ???
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 15:17   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny
and I thought this thread was about John Coleman ???
Just shows how wrong you can be.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..