Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2016, 16:27   #1
I am Banned

Coleman

Immediate 2 match ban and £750 pound fine for abusing the referee against Crawley
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2016, 18:16   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Immediate 2 match ban and £750 pound fine for abusing the referee against Crawley
trouble is telling an official that he's made an error is seen as abuse today
AccyMad likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 19:22   #3
I am Banned

Says something when referee gets more protection than the players
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:50   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
trouble is telling an official that he's made an error is seen as abuse today
depends on how he said it though. seen and heard him when he looses it at the wham. can,t have a go at him though as some of the decisions made are poor to say the least and they always have some excuse for the mistakes made. more admission of mistakes from officials might help them and the game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:35   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
depends on how he said it though. seen and heard him when he looses it at the wham. can,t have a go at him though as some of the decisions made are poor to say the least and they always have some excuse for the mistakes made. more admission of mistakes from officials might help them and the game.
very true; but I would rather a passionate manager than one that looks as if he doesn't give a toss
monkey hanger likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 14:42   #6
Full Member+

The officials I have witnessed at the Wham this season have been poor. I feel sorry for Coleman when there is so much at stake to have to suffer at the incompetence of a referee. I think we should have a whip round for him. The referee should have to explain his bad decisions to the club and public.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 08:48   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
The referee should have to explain his bad decisions to the club and public.
i,m the referee and you should respect me and my decisions are always correct is what you,d get.
Old 13-11-2016, 09:41   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
i,m the referee and you should respect me and my decisions are always correct is what you,d get.
Perhaps if clubs refused to accept some of the officials the FA may sit up and start taking us seriously. I feel a revolution coming on from the lower Tiers of the football system.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 10:14   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Perhaps if clubs refused to accept some of the officials the FA may sit up and start taking us seriously. I feel a revolution coming on from the lower Tiers of the football system.
there,s more chance of stanley home games being a sell out. the fa will protect their referees no matter what fans and managers have to say. if managers don,t do their job they,re sacked. if players don,t perform they get dropped. if you say anything against officials you,re fined and or sent off. until they realise that some are not up to it things will never change kettle is certainly a good example of this and there,re others as well. when you know you,re untouchable you,ll never change and thats in all walks of life.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 13-11-2016, 10:16   #10

The ref yesterday was very good.
I'm not sure I share the same low opinion of officials. There's been a couple of very bad, petty ones this year but generally they are ok. No worse that 20/30 years ago.
It's the devils own job keeping everyone happy and having eyes in the back of your head.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 11:43   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
The ref yesterday was very good.
Brett Huxtable. It's his first season in the league after four seasons reffing in the Conference. We had him at Notts County in September and, from memory, he seemed to have a decent game there too. Averages one red card a season but this season it's already two. His local Devon paper reports him hoping to reach the Premier League.
monkey hanger likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 14:31   #12

Excellent ref research there!
MikeA likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 15:16   #13
Senior Member+

I have to admit to having some sympathy for the bustards in the black (though obviously not in the instant when they've just given a decision, good or bad, against the Reds). They're under pressure for the entire time the ball is in play, unlike any individual player, and they make mistakes, like every player. OK some are spectacular - if Kettle hadn't blown his whistle we'd probably have got 2 more points from that game, and would have had to find another way not to get promoted, but was there any player in our squad who didn't miss an open goal, or a tackle or defensive header leading to a goal against, or get needlessly sent off, etc etc, thus making the same difference in the end?
Old 14-11-2016, 08:24   #14
God Member

It's the devils own job keeping everyone happy and having eyes in the back of your head.[/QUOTE]

they are not there to keep everyone happy just manage a game of football useing common sense. they also have another 3 pairs of eyes helping them. a lot of the problems are due to pre match instructions given out. i,ve had things like only i give penaltys told to me by more than one plus the game is for my benefit brigade.
Old 14-11-2016, 10:02   #15

Quote:
It's the devils own job keeping everyone happy and having eyes in the back of your head.
they are not there to keep everyone happy just manage a game of football useing common sense. they also have another 3 pairs of eyes helping them. a lot of the problems are due to pre match instructions given out. i,ve had things like only i give penaltys told to me by more than one plus the game is for my benefit brigade.[/QUOTE]

Eh?????
KiTChener likes this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..