Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Coleman and Bell go?
Yes 23 26.14%
No 65 73.86%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 19:16   #31
God Member

Re: Coleman & Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Nobody has said anything about him being Mr Wonderful, he's a donkey and always will be but it just shows how desperate we where for Coley to make a change.
Its just the impression i get when people are chanting for him to come on the pitch & the other half of crowd are wanting to keep him on the bench

Gee didn't think we were that desperate

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2007, 19:46   #32

Its funny we were just discussing the "Football Genius" bit on the way back to the car yesterday after the game, there`s no doubting he`s done wonders and no i wouldn`t want to see him go, but like everyone else i`m becoming more and more confused by team selection and not changing things when they clearly dont work, Whalley in my opinion is nowhere near good enough for first team football, but yet he`s allowed to play nearly the full 90 mins when he should have been taken off at least at half time, if not before, what must the players sat on the bench be thinking when they can see players on the pitch under preforming and yet they still are not given the chance to get on and have go.
He`s done well for the club and should stay but needs to work on the Football Genius a bit more.
Old 04-11-2007, 20:04   #33
Full Member+

I cannot see the club getting anyone better suited than Coleman (& Bell )to handle the present situation. With the budget he has, survival has to be the first target every season for the immediate future.

But as others have stated, the guy has "issues" which leave most on here baffled at times.Whether it be selections,tactics or substitutions.

Maybe the glut of success the club has enjoyed since Coley's appointment has raised expectations among some fans. But in reality, the neutral looking at the situation would probably say that Coleman is doing a brilliant job with the means he has.With the current fan base and budget available, If we can achieve mid-table and safety for the next couple of seasons I'd be quite happy.

If attendances improve and the budget situation improves, then maybe we can raise the bar and hope for better things. But until then I think we're better off being patient,backing the man and hoping that Coleman can continue the trend that the club has followed since his appointment,that being that we have improved on our position from the preceeding season.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
Old 04-11-2007, 20:07   #34
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Maybe now would be a good time for Coley to reschedule the cancelled fans forum, I for one would be interested to hear what he has to say.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 04-11-2007, 20:30   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Of course there is not an improvement in EVERY case - the survey never suggested that. Of course examples can be given of deterioration after a change of manager. Overall, though, the figures displayed that team performance does improve after a change of manager. I stress the word OVERALL.
Lets get back to specifics. Like Galbraith knew the Scottish Lower Leagues Coley and Jimmy know the non leagues and the Merseyside/North West Market. If they ever leave expect similar consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
how long have some of you people been supporting Accrington Stanley ?
1964 though Accrington Stanley as such did not resume playing till early the next decade.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 04-11-2007, 22:17   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Maybe now would be a good time for Coley to reschedule the cancelled fans forum, I for one would be interested to hear what he has to say.
We must be one of the only clubs in the whole football league that have ready access to the boss after every game. He has said many times that fans are welcome to ask questions, same with Jimmy. Buy him a beer & quiz him then, you'd be pleasantly surprised.

This thread makes me sick (this ain't directed at you Bagpuss!). It is happening more & more often & usually after only one defeat. The team we get beat by always have a larger budget, larger crowds, better facilities....

You're all mad! God help us when Coley goes.... (It could be Bamber Bridge we getting beat by then!)

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 04-11-2007, 22:26   #37
God Member

how do we know that the six who have voted yes are stanley supporters probably morcambe supporters with nothing better to do:B anane25:back where we belong with eric and john
Old 04-11-2007, 22:29   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
We must be one of the only clubs in the whole football league that have ready access to the boss after every game. He has said many times that fans are welcome to ask questions, same with Jimmy. Buy him a beer & quiz him then, you'd be pleasantly surprised.

This thread makes me sick (this ain't directed at you Bagpuss!). It is happening more & more often & usually after only one defeat. The team we get beat by always have a larger budget, larger crowds, better facilities....

You're all mad! God help us when Coley goes.... (It could be Bamber Bridge we getting beat by then!)
Here here Mr Miller
Old 04-11-2007, 22:49   #39
Member.

Is it not bad enough that we balls it up on the pitch without resulting to slapping ourselves silly over whether we should let one of the best lower league management teams go? I’ve said often this season that some of the problems rest with management, they do. But they are growing up with the lads and sooner or later it’ll happen again, we’ll go up and we’ll start all the kak again.

We need to be patient and above all else the management and the team need to learn to evolve into an efficient coordinated team where communication and guile become second nature. But above everything else sort the bloody defence out and some of the new, if not older members of the team, padding up and down the pitch dropping bollocks is undoing the fantastic work that as been achieved. Never the less, a quarter down and we’re 11th after what can only be a crappy start. Give it a rest, we’re going places and we’re taking messes Colman and Bell with us.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 04-11-2007, 22:51   #40
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post

What do you shaggin mean "When"?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 04-11-2007, 22:52   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Well, contrary to popular belief... the man ain't immortal!
He'll be here 'til he kicks the proverbial bucket. Hopefully.
Old 04-11-2007, 22:56   #42
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Well, contrary to popular belief... the man ain't immortal!
He'll be here 'til he kicks the proverbial bucket. Hopefully.

Amen to that brother....... Stop feeding him beer and make sure he stays away from them dodgy female types. lets see if her can out live the queen.

Long live King Coley.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 04-11-2007, 22:59   #43
God Member

Over all cant blame sorely on the management - the players have some responsiblity too by earning their places & managements team sheet, the only fan point advice to Coley & Bell is that......... if team play is going tits up then plan substitutions a little better next time & have a realistic fore-sight into the game flow, like for eg Whalley should of gone off earlier we could all see that apart from the odd good ball he played most of them poorly or not at all as soon as that was realised of this weakness - rather than hope he bucks up [that relys on player seeing his mistakes & correcting them] in which case didnt happen most of match then replace him there & then!! Too late leaving it a few minutes before the 90 to improve the game & i think thats the bone of contention with coleys descions is him leaving things a little late & losing that fore-sight not that people want him to go or cull of management - just a little fore-sight on what is actually happening on the pitch & the fact u have 3 subs to use if needed, think coley gets a little too hopeful of his players that can mist his view on the reality stakes on field.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 04-11-2007, 23:02   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Trust you to lower the tone

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 04-11-2007, 23:14   #45
Senior Member+

Even if we go down this season (highly unlikley) sacking coley would be the worst decision Eric has made.

the ammount of crap clubs in league 2 with journeymen managers whos whole ambition every August is to survive helps me remember on times like Saturday how lucky Stanley are having a manager who plays positive football and wants to get into League 1.

To replace Coley with any of the long list of journey men (even Bolton and Norwich have appointed useless managers of late) would be disaster.

I may have only been a fan for alittle over 2 years now, but I can see what positives Stanley have and one of them is Johnny Coleman.
Expect to see my amazing Johnny Coleman football genius banner loud and proud on Tuesday night.

P.S. any chance someone can have a word with coleman to give me a lift to the match? That bloody Lancashire police mobile camera was snapping me like the papperazzi on Saturday.
Going to home games is indangering my license.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..