Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Coleman and Bell go?
Yes 23 26.14%
No 65 73.86%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 18:30   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Coleman & Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Ask Oggy, he'll set one up for you.
Bet you're pleased at all the bites, you s**t stirring b****r.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2007, 18:50   #62
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Am I the only one who hasn't seen any evidence of Webb being any better than any Unibond defender... let alone Rocky or Roberts?
To be honest I've not seen him play very often, although he seemed to acquit himself quite well at Bury. But that's the point...he's not been given the opportunity to show what he can do, while others are given chance after chance after chance.

If he isn't any better than a Unibond defender, then it doesn't say much for Coley's judgement...but we may never find out, as he'll probably go the way of N'Da and Almeida.
Old 05-11-2007, 20:05   #63
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
one of his biggest clangers will go down as giving john miles a 2 year deal.
You really do have a problem with Miles, what did he do to you in the past, bullying, nick your wife, grass you up, please let us know.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 05-11-2007, 21:00   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
You really do have a problem with Miles, what did he do to you in the past, bullying, nick your wife, grass you up, please let us know.
4,000 macc fans cant be wrong.
He has done nothing for stanley thus far, i repeat my moto 'prove me wrong'.
I wait...
Old 05-11-2007, 21:03   #65

He played well against us for macc at the end of the season at the match at home where proccy excelled. Looked really good
Old 05-11-2007, 21:12   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
How many time have you seen him play ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
To be honest I've not seen him play very often, although he seemed to acquit himself quite well at Bury. But that's the point...he's not been given the opportunity to show what he can do, while others are given chance after chance after chance.

If he isn't any better than a Unibond defender, then it doesn't say much for Coley's judgement...but we may never find out, as he'll probably go the way of N'Da and Almeida.
The thing is, he's a new signing who in his first appearances didn't particularly stand out. This made it very difficult for him to hold down a place, as with all new signings - Roscoe DSane anyone?
Look at it the other way round - Branch started very well and so held down a place, even though he's playing like a complete dolloper lately.
Webb may get his chance when an injury occurs, and must prove himself worthy to hold down a place.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:46   #67
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Webb may get his chance when an injury occurs, and must prove himself worthy to hold down a place.
Why does he have to wait for an injury to occur ? Why not drop somebody who is not playing well. Branch was terrible at Barnet when playing at centre half, he was terrible against Notts County when playing at full back. If Richardson is back why not drop Branch and play Webb at centre half. Thay may well happen either tonight or next Saturday as Branch cannot play two games in one week can he ?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:50   #68
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
If Richardson is back why not drop Branch and play Webb at centre half?
So If you're dropping Branch (and rightly so judged by last Saturday)and presuming Richardson plays at full back, who else makes way for Webb ?? For my money it'd be Williams but will Coley actually drop him/leave him out ??

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:56   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
So If you're dropping Branch (and rightly so judged by last Saturday)and presuming Richardson plays at full back, who else makes way for Webb ?? For my money it'd be Williams but will Coley actually drop him/leave him out ??
No need. Play 3 centre halves like we did at Bury and looked comfortable apart from 10 mad minutes?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:24   #70
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
As Redraine says, play with three centre halves like we have been doing for the last few matches. Branch and Whalley out, Richardson and Webb in.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:47   #71
Senior Member+

What was the position over the defence of the far post at Bury when Mangan crossed?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:59   #72

Smile Re: Coleman & Bell

Quite agree, as both Cavannagh & Richardson are better going forward,to give us width,which was lacking on Sat.with Craney & Whalley.
Old 06-11-2007, 14:20   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
What was the position over the defence of the far post at Bury when Mangan crossed?
Absent without leave!
Old 06-11-2007, 14:58   #74
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Absent without leave!
Same as when Notts County scored their second goal and same as most goals that we concede.
Old 06-11-2007, 17:15   #75

glad to see the poll is going the only way it could do!!!

To even contemplate gettin rid of the best duo in the league would be suicide!!

I would express a different view that if we push into a play off place other teams will be on the sniff for our managemet team!!

No money and no resources and look at what they have achieved!!
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..