Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Coleman and Bell go?
Yes 23 26.14%
No 65 73.86%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 19:06   #76
God Member

Re: Coleman & Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Why does he have to wait for an injury to occur?
He shouldn't have to. But we all know that is the case.

I'm just wondering what's going on with Phil Edwards, as I'd like to see a 4-4-2 with:

GK: Dunbavin
RB: Edwards
LB: Richardson
CB: Roberts
CB: Williams
RM: Cavanagh
LM: Branch (only left footed player, only player other than Cav who can cross from the wing)
CM: Craney
CM: Proctor
ST: Mullin
ST: DSane

(subs Fearon Webb Harris Brown McGivern)
Accrington Web
Old 07-11-2007, 01:54   #77
God Member

if not Dunbain the Harris was my MOM tonight, Otherwise then I agree with 2 good attacking full backs playing the 'wings'
Old 08-11-2007, 13:41   #78
God Member

Thank god this poll results in favour so we're ok but be careful when u call for managers head sometimes they go as some teams find out.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 08-11-2007, 20:58   #79

From the Accy Observer Dec. 2002.

IN MARCH 1958, Accrington Stanley were challenging strongly for promotion to the Second Division of the Football League. Their manager, a young Scot named Walter Galbraith, had just been the subject of an approach by Blackpool, then a First Division club.

The Accrington Observer reckoned six reserve team youngsters were each worth £2,000 on the transfer market, such was the calibre of the playing staff. The ambition of the club was underlined the following month by their purchase of a grandstand, for which planning permission had already been obtained.

From these facts alone, it would seem that Accrington Stanley was a robust organisation. All the more baffling that Stanley would resign from the Football League four years later, a mere shell of the vibrant club.....

Why on earth is there this sort of thread running on this forum?

I remember going to Belper and Stocksbridge, and even Maghull and Atherton Collieries to watch Stanley play league games. The sort of Johny-cum-latelies who want Coley's head after a couple of disappointing results, in Football League Two, don't know they're born.

When Coley took over we had just endured relegation and had had about seven managers in the process. Coley brought stability, three promotions and year on year improvement in our league position.

There may be some dim wits prepared to run the risk of history repeating itself by letting go of the most successful manager in the club's history.

Thankfully Eric Whalley doesn't come under that category.
Old 08-11-2007, 23:27   #80
God Member

Great posting Thin monkey

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 20-11-2007, 17:30   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
Why on earth is there this sort of thread running on this forum?

I remember going to Belper and Stocksbridge, and even Maghull and Atherton Collieries to watch Stanley play league games. The sort of Johny-cum-latelies who want Coley's head after a couple of disappointing results, in Football League Two, don't know they're born.

When Coley took over we had just endured relegation and had had about seven managers in the process. Coley brought stability, three promotions and year on year improvement in our league position.

There may be some dim wits prepared to run the risk of history repeating itself by letting go of the most successful manager in the club's history.

Thankfully Eric Whalley doesn't come under that category.
I will tell you why there is this sort of thread. Not everyone is happy to go bumbling along in League 2 winning away and losing at home. Whilst I will sit on the fence as to whether Coley is cutting the mustard, you cannot expect everyone who supports the club to have the same opinion as you! I used to watch Stanley pre 1962, and I have watched them coming up through the non-league ranks and am personally glad they have made the league, but and it is a BIG but can you honestly say you are 100% happy with the way things are going. There are plenty of managers waiting for football clubs, Cotterill, Jewell et al, however, Eric seems fit to continue with the current management team. Please don't slag off Stanley supporters or call them dim wits as everyone is entitled to an opinion, and whether it agrees with your views or not - TOUGH

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 21-11-2007, 19:05   #82

Ive heard it all now!! let sack coley and cotteril and jewell will want the job!!

I am laughing my socks off!

John Coleman, Jimmy Bell thank god you are made of strong stuff when there are loonies around who chat his drivel!!
Old 06-12-2007, 14:19   #83
Senior Member+

Just wondering if any of us would like to change our vote? Maybe those who wondered why this thread is running on the forum will now appreciate the reasons.
Old 06-12-2007, 16:24   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffy bag View Post
Ive heard it all now!! let sack coley and cotteril and jewell will want the job!!

I am laughing my socks off!

John Coleman, Jimmy Bell thank god you are made of strong stuff when there are loonies around who chat his drivel!!
The only loony is YOU!! Last nights performance was an absolute example of why these two muppets must start looking over their shoulders to blame only the players today on the radio and not His ridiculous team selection (Graham Branch) who is not fit to play for Barrow never mind Stanley and by the way the clayton end seemed very frastrated at the end so he certainly is getting it wrong. All managers have to start somewhere why not Stanley alot of ex footballers have made ther money already so who knows who may apply if they were to be sacked.
Old 06-12-2007, 18:44   #85
God Member

Bit of a ****** now for anyone to change their votes after last nights performance

A change is definately a must somewhere we have given them their chances to prove or dis-prove otherwise.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 06-12-2007, 20:42   #86
Junior Member+

What happens on Saturday then if Stanley win??? I know a big IF but what happens then, do you still call for Coley's head? There's been enough managerial casualties so far this season already for another one to go and to say Steve Cotterill would want the job you are having a laugh!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 20:51   #87
God Member

if they win on saturday it will be a disgrace .if the stanley players cant raise there game to play in front of their own supporters they need to have a long hard look at thereselves they are killing the only chance stanley have to build on our own support.they are killing the club with there inept attitude it wont be long when we see an average home support of 700 and that is not sustainible in the league when you are relying on the away support to make any money on the turnstile .it may be well winning away but the home fans are the clubs bread and butter..
Old 06-12-2007, 20:59   #88
Junior Member+

I'm not being funny, I'm honestly not, but that means that whatever the management team do they cannot win!! If they win AWAY from home they are doing wrong because they should be winning AT home!! Surely we should be happy with any win no matter where it is rather than calling it a disgrace!!
Old 06-12-2007, 21:45   #89
God Member

I still wouldn't want either of them to go, but the buck stops with the manager whose job it is to motivate players or ship em out.

The back line was crap last year and it hasn't improved this year, however Leam was probably the only defender to come out last year with any kind of credit -yet he has been shoved to the bench or the other side of the field to be replaced by an ageing professional who has the nous but not the legs nor the bottle to play at this level. Rocky has been poor all year yet plays week in week out, Phil Edwards always plays well (usually out of position) given the chance but doesn't get the chance. Boco is supposedly one of our best players yet can't get in the team and when he does he plays as left wing back, David Brown is a forward no matter what anybody says yet plays in midfield, Craney is a midfielder who ends up playing up front.

The first two years in the Conference we pi$$ed about with formations and it got us nowhere, third year we went back to 4-4-2 and won the damn thing. Let's get back to 4-4-2 and play the right players in their right positions and swap them about if they play badly. Edwards at right back, Webb and Robbo in the middle, Leam at left back - Harris or Proctor and Craney in the engine room with whomever you want playing down the wings - Mullin and any one from Boco/Roscoe/McGivern up front.

Whatever players or formation we put out it needs to change if it aint working, and at home it isn't. Has it not been identified that things aren't working at home? has it not been identified that one or two players are not performing on a regular enough basis?

These are some of the reasons why we aren't happy. And we know Coley isn't happy either - but he has to start showing us why we consider him to be a good manager and he can start by making wholesale changes to the shower that played last night.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:20   #90

All this talk of getting rid of Coley and Bell is pie in the sky, Eric Whalley will never sack them, He could never afford to bring in a League Manager. If the players are only on half the League average wages, according to the Club, then it would stand to reason that the Management Team would be on only half the average Managers wages. Would Eric pay sixty grand or more to get a mediocre lower League Manager in, I think not. We will just have to plod along with what we have and I mean plod along, until such times as the dwindling gates call time to our League status,and we go back to the Conference. I don't even think that with the present team that we would hold our own in that division. so come on Coley show us what you can do, watch other Managers tactically and learn, or you will take us back from where you brought us.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..