Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Coleman and Bell go?
Yes 23 26.14%
No 65 73.86%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 10:58   #1
God Member

Coleman & Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I get the impression from how this thread is going that John Coleman is losing the tag Football Genius?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red
He and Jimmy Bell have done a fantastic job for the club, but I have felt for some time that League 2 is possibly one step too far for their skills. I have said this in previous threads.
After yesterday's abysmal performance against Notts County and the sometimes bewildering substitution policy of the (so called) Football Genius, is it time that the club found a new manager ? I ,for one, agree with the above comments, but what about everyone else?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2007, 11:09   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Coleman & Bell

Can any idiot start a poll?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:11   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
Of course they can. I did.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:16   #4
Senior Member+

No.

Over all no one could do a better job at our level and with our resources.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:26   #5
God Member

only if it was as easy as that the only way i would say yes if the new manager was going to bring a couple of million quid build a building to house the asfc exhibition reduce prices to 7 squid free drinks at bar etc
Old 04-11-2007, 11:50   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
It looks that way.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:12   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Over all no one could do a better job at our level and with our resources.
This is exactly the point. Do Coley and Bell make the best use of our resources? Just three examples for starters. It seems odd that (a) Sean Webb is left on the bench; (b) Leighton McGivern is not used more often; (c) Mauro Almeida was neglected during his time with us.

We cannot say for certain that "no-one could do a better job". Did anyone read the survey in The Times last week that proved beyond doubt that there is an improvement when clubs change manager? The objective and statistical analysis made interesting reading.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:12   #8
Senior Member+

no they should definately stay.

no resources to work with and we are still comfortable in the league.

however i would like to see more subs used when its obvious it is not working.

and mcgivern given a chance
Old 04-11-2007, 12:16   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Did anyone read the survey in The Times last week that proved beyond doubt that there is an improvement when clubs change manager? The objective and statistical analysis made interesting reading.
Like things improved for Accy [not] after Walter Galbraith left in the fifties?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:23   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Like things improved for Accy [not] after Walter Galbraith left in the fifties?
Of course there is not an improvement in EVERY case - the survey never suggested that. Of course examples can be given of deterioration after a change of manager. Overall, though, the figures displayed that team performance does improve after a change of manager. I stress the word OVERALL.
Old 04-11-2007, 13:21   #11
Senior Member+

How long ago was it since Man Utd fans wanted Fergie out?

Whos gonna replace em?

I just cant belive some people on here ... how long was it we all talkin about Bradford etc

I have been supporting Stanley just under 10 years and i believe this is the best squad that we have had

Whos gonna replace em?

I think because we have done so well people expect it to carry on but we havnt got as much cash as some teams to spend 500k (or whatever price) on a player ... and we really do need to push for more people to come or even just to buy a stanley shirt or even a car freshener it all adds up ... so if your stuck for christmas presents look up the Stanley Store

Keep The Faith
Old 04-11-2007, 13:23   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Did anyone read the survey in The Times last week that proved beyond doubt that there is an improvement when clubs change manager? The objective and statistical analysis made interesting reading.
Tend not to read Murdoch publications, and have failed to find this survey on Timesonline. Is there a link available?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Old 04-11-2007, 13:45   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Tend not to read Murdoch publications, and have failed to find this survey on Timesonline. Is there a link available?
I'll search back through the papers, Oggy. I can't remember what day it was.
Old 04-11-2007, 13:54   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I have been supporting Stanley just under 10 years and i believe this is the best squad that we have had .....
we havnt got as much cash as some teams to spend 500k (or whatever price) on a player ... and we really do need to push for more people to come or even just to buy a stanley shirt or even a car freshener it all adds up ... so if your stuck for christmas presents look up the Stanley Store
Please read the postings in the thread. Most of us agree it is the best squad. We are discussing how this squad is used. We are not talking about spending more money on players.

And yes, we need to push for more people to come to matches. But let's not forget some recent performances at the FES. Would they inspire people to return? Why were so many leaving early yesterday, according to reports? My guess is that spectators would have been mystified yesterday by (a) the team selection and (b) the use, or rather belated and/or non-use, of substitutes.

And, again, yes - we need more people to use the Stanley Store. Hope you bought at least one 2007 calendar!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 13:55   #15

how long have some of you people been supporting Accrington Stanley ?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..