Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2024, 09:09   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Coleman and Bell sacked

John and Jimmy have had there contracts terminated following yesterday's defeat.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:15   #2
Full Member+

Re: Coleman and Bell sacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
John and Jimmy have had there contracts terminated following yesterday's defeat.

Yesterday's game can't have been the catalyst to this. We lost 6-0 at Wrexham and appointed acting manager Ged Brannan after that game.

There must be more than results for this decision.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:01   #3
God Member

Much as Stanley have to thank Messrs Coleman and Bell for what they’ve achieved, imho, we let the wrong coach leave last summer.
Rest of this season will now be even more of a nail biter.
Watchdog likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:22   #4

Didn't see that coming. But I suppose the timing will work for both them and the club......new jobs and finding a new manager. No mention of John Doolan? Wonder if Seamus+ another player coul do a job? ......Lets hope we know the plan before Bradford comevto call....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:33   #5
God Member

If this had to happen it should have either been at the end of last season or the end of this one, this smacks of either a knee jerk reaction by Andy Holt or if it was planned, he was waiting for a big loss to give him an excuse to fire them on the spot.
Last week after the game it looked to the untrained eye that bridges were being built between Andy & Coley but evidently not.
In my opinion, the statement the club has put out shows absolutely no respect for the years of service Coley & Jimmy have put into this club & I'm disgusted with the wording & briefness of it.
I just hope there is a plan in place for who steps in now, because replacing them will not be easy.
Finally I want to wish both of them the best of luck in the future
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:53   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
john and jimmy have had there contracts terminated following yesterday's defeat.
good.
accytom18 likes this.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:59   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

they did a good job for years =but certanly not for the last couple of seasons.apart from sit on the wall in my view.
pifco, accybeme, accytom18 and 1 others like this.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:28   #8
Senior Member+

the writings been on the wall for some time, Andy is a business man so I would think arrangements have already been put in place
cashman likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:23   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
Yesterday's game can't have been the catalyst to this. We lost 6-0 at Wrexham and appointed acting manager Ged Brannan after that game.

There must be more than results for this decision.
Correct

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:24   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
good.
Cashy.....give it a rest mate.....
AccyMad likes this.

Old 03-03-2024, 12:25   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
the writings been on the wall for some time, Andy is a business man so I would think arrangements have already been put in place
You would like to think so, but I doubt it has......

AccyMad and Greger like this.

Old 03-03-2024, 12:48   #12
Senior Member+

So, they've gone..and hasn't their demeanour over the last few weeks foretold this.
The sad thing in my opinion is that they have taken the Club, as a playing force down with them. We have witnessed this week in week out and if it is a fact then it is unforgivable.
As to the future, well it seems a bleak proposition for the one who firstly has the courage to take on the job and secondly the skills to do it with the current squad ( injuries included !) who have been coached (?) in the Coleman/Bell manner and always seem under-motivtated by their joint influence. It is because of this situation that I maintain that not one of the players can be criticised or blamed for the Club's present parlous predicament.

Quo Vadis Stanley ?.. but. ON STANLEY..ON !!.
Watchdog likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:54   #13

Not really surprised but didn't expect it this morning. I think/ hope we're safe for this season because Sutton and Forest Green would need a great run of results. I can't help wondering if the proposed cuts for next season are anything to do with it and, if so, who might be prepared to take the job. Whoever it is, good luck to them.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 13:52   #14

My post #32 on the Season Ticket thread, hinted this may happen although I am surprised at the timing. No its not due to the Wrexham result, we all saw that coming. It's about money.....either the cut to next years player budget and/or the cut or nil increase to John and Jimmy's contractual pay. It's all guesswork but Andy's in charge and can do what he want's with his own money. Let's hope his "footballing business instincs" are as sound as his "everyday business instincts".
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 13:59   #15

Deserved more than the statement shown online for the services given to the club over 20 years. Next appointment is crucial for the fans to get behind. has to be Sean mcconville for me. Level headed whenever speaking to the press an has worked with all the current squad for a while so will no individual strengths an weaknesses. Plus he just gets the club , I fear a new man with no affiliation to the fans or how the club work will end in disaster.
Tin Monkey and VALAIRIAN like this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..