Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2013, 10:16   #16

Re: Coleman & Bell - SOS (Save Our Season)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Maybe that was why he was a free agent before coming to Stanley Red
Lets not kid ourselves, none of them are here for the love of the club or the money.

It's cos nobody else wants them.
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2013, 10:39   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Lets not kid ourselves, none of them are here for the love of the club or the money.

It's cos nobody else wants them.
You may have a point but there is one thing that fits the bill with everybody at the club and that is they all love football
Old 13-03-2013, 11:03   #18
Senior Member+

Noticed Jimmy Bell was at the game last night,and after our display,i think he will be getting his golf clubs out !!!.
On a serious note,Davo makes a lot of valid points,and most teams around the bottom have changed there manager,but for me,we simply cant afford to go down this route (financally).
John and Jimmy are by far more experienced in all levels and there style and desire were taylormade for a club like Acci,but in simple terms,if they were not prepared to work for 75% less than they were paid previously,it would be a none starter.
Thats the avenue the club has gone down,as revenue and income dictates this,and is the only way to run a club of this size.
I know for a fact,even a club like Fleetwood,pay there players,on average, more than four times what ours get,so its going to be hard to compete.
So unless someone finds a few hundred thousand lying around,we aint going to get a experienced manager,similar to the quality of players we can afford
sparkie, cashman, jaysay and 1 others like this.
Old 13-03-2013, 11:07   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree completely football19, bit difficult fer the biased n dense to grasp though.
Old 13-03-2013, 11:34   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Noticed Jimmy Bell was at the game last night,and after our display,i think he will be getting his golf clubs out !!!.
On a serious note,Davo makes a lot of valid points,and most teams around the bottom have changed there manager,but for me,we simply cant afford to go down this route (financally).
John and Jimmy are by far more experienced in all levels and there style and desire were taylormade for a club like Acci,but in simple terms,if they were not prepared to work for 75% less than they were paid previously,it would be a none starter.
Thats the avenue the club has gone down,as revenue and income dictates this,and is the only way to run a club of this size.
I know for a fact,even a club like Fleetwood,pay there players,on average, more than four times what ours get,so its going to be hard to compete.
So unless someone finds a few hundred thousand lying around,we aint going to get a experienced manager,similar to the quality of players we can afford

Yes,they are paid more as being bank rolled by a chairman who tweeks the rules, but lets give as good as we get, work rate,passion,commitment,sweat etc.We are in a battle now and the players need to quickly realise that.
Old 13-03-2013, 12:41   #21
Senior Member+

Whoever the Manager happens to be !!...

THE ONLY WAY IS UP !!!....... Hope he takes it !.
Old 13-03-2013, 14:47   #22

Yonmon think theres an 80s song reds can run out to only way is up forgot name of group
Old 13-03-2013, 16:14   #23
God Member

Yazz
Old 13-03-2013, 17:33   #24
Senior Member+

& the Plastic Population
Old 13-03-2013, 18:12   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree completely football19, bit difficult fer the biased n dense to grasp though.
They used to call it cutting your cloth according to the width cashy, no more so than in Stanley's case
Old 13-03-2013, 18:23   #26
Senior Member+

Once again, a thread has been started, and once again, the obvious question has not been answered. OK, change the manager - sack Leam, who is going to pay his contract off? Employ Jimmy and John double wages that the club cannot afford. Maybe the club made a mistake (I am not so sure, yes we are in a predicament, but it is still one that is not beyond the team). So in effect, you want the board to pay triple wages for a management change that may not work, after all, the dynamic duo were unable to save Rochdale from the drop back to league 2, who is to say they will save Accy from the drop to the BSP?
sparkie and football19 like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 13-03-2013, 18:36   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Once again, a thread has been started, and once again, the obvious question has not been answered. OK, change the manager - sack Leam, who is going to pay his contract off? Employ Jimmy and John double wages that the club cannot afford. Maybe the club made a mistake (I am not so sure, yes we are in a predicament, but it is still one that is not beyond the team). So in effect, you want the board to pay triple wages for a management change that may not work, after all, the dynamic duo were unable to save Rochdale from the drop back to league 2, who is to say they will save Accy from the drop to the BSP?
IF is the biggest word in the dictionary
Old 13-03-2013, 20:16   #28
Senior Member+

I have to question the motive and genuineness of this thread and the OP
cashman likes this.
Old 13-03-2013, 20:33   #29
Senior Member+

Got my dumb head on,what's OP ?
Old 13-03-2013, 20:36   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Got my dumb head on,what's OP ?
Original Poster, the person who starts a thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..