Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 22:39   #1
Senior Member+

Coleman & Bell - SOS (Save Our Season)

FACTS

Leam is a complete failure as a manager.
Maybe one day he will be a manager, maybe he will even be good enough to be a football league manager, but right now he is way out of his depth.

Our board and chief exec have proven themselves to be incompetent. Rather than tackle the issue when it was clear Leam was not working, they have closed their eyes hoping we would somehow magically escape relegation.
What chance of making changes at board and senior club management level?

John Coleman is mr. Accrington Stanley. He would do anything for the club and would give 110% to turn it around. He has the experience, the tactics and most importantly the track record of making Accrington Stanley successful.
And he is available.

Jimmy & John - please save our season
Leam, the board & club management - do the honourable thing and re-sign, step aside, stop burying your heads. Like it or not, you have all had your chance and failed.
Willie Miller likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2013, 23:22   #2

Re: Coleman & Bell - SOS (Save Our Season)

Davo,

Read many of your comments on here, don't always agree, I think we are stuck with what we have, but, in my opinion, it is the players who have not performed, not Leam.

OK, I believe, through circumstances out of his control, he was promoted beyond his ability, but I will always maintain he has done his best for HIS club, with whom he excelled as a player,always giving 100/percent.

All we, as fans can do, is give a similar commitment.

However, having said that, I have spent the last couple of hours composing a 'rant' against the club in general, which I have promised my wife that I will not send until I have slept on it, as, often, the day after, I regret what I have sent!

So, you may, or may not, read my thoughts tomorrow, depending upon the mood I wake up in!!

See you in BSQ1??

I'll be here, will you?

Regards

Gerard (aka) KiTChener ( now retired!)
Old 13-03-2013, 00:37   #3

We go down it will be one way . Bring on afc stanley northwest counties. Lol still to big game if we do not pick up 6 pts then it good bye football league hello no league were we love. Kicking ass
Old 13-03-2013, 01:22   #4
God Member

all points are welcome points at the moment but beating Fleetwood then losing to Barnet would have been useless, by far the better option is to beat Barnet as they are a team we need to catch.

Beat Barnet and Wimbledon and last night doesn't matter.
MikeA, AccyMad, sparkie and 2 others like this.
Old 13-03-2013, 03:26   #5
Senior Member+

The players today just didnt show any effort at all apart from a few regular few.

the manager can tell them all he wants but it seems to be going in one side and out the other. some of the playing was just awful. they kept sitting too back allowing fleetwood to come at them.

whilst leam is inexperienced i certainly dont think the team being proposed to come in can a)do any better b)take the club forward.

the one team change i would've made today was started with gray and had jeffers as a sub. i'm sure he is a quality player but needs to bring his fitness up which in an important home game isnt the place. i'm not saying its a bad signing i just think its a signing thats probably come a few months too late. if he'd joined in january he'd be firing on all cylinders.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 13-03-2013, 05:51   #6

I'm not sure that Coleman and Bell are the answer to our current plight. I am sure that Leam isn't. Despite the misgivings I any many others have for his capability at this moment in time, it appears the decision makers at the club either do belief in his ability or are incapable of doing anything to change the situation.

I think he has and is doing his best, and there are times in our our lives when that isn't good enough. He's not going to resign - he's a positive bloke who thinks he can turn things around and has a family to support.

The club lacks true leadership right through all levels. The board made a poor decision in his appointment and seem unwilling to accept a level of responsibility in correcting it. The gate last night was just over 1300 - appalling for a derby game of such importance.

The manager seems unable to inspire, motivate and energise the team and once on the pitch, no one seems brave enough to take responsibility. The managers ideas are not being effectively transmitted to the players. If we were getting results playing ugly football, then that's one thing but our style is not attractive and were not even getting the results, hence the gate numbers reducing.

If we're going to go down, go down with a fight, not what we witnessed last night, which said again to me that Leam is not the man for the job.
Old 13-03-2013, 06:02   #7
Senior Member+

No one is questioning Leam's effort, commitment and desire to turn it around.
Football is a results business and Leam has failed to get results.

Saying the Fleetwood game doesnt matter IF we beat barnet is simply not true.
Every game matters, every point is crucial.
The pressure to win on Saturday will be even greater because we have failed to pick up points.

At this stage, a change of manager is required to put up a fight against the drop

Last edited by DAV007; 13-03-2013 at 06:05.
Old 13-03-2013, 08:00   #8

Here we go again Leam is IMHO doing his best with the squad he has give the lad a break and DAV007 I WILL ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTION (that you failed to answer last time you started three of these threads) THAT I ASKED YOU BEFORE, WHAT ON EARTH MAKES YOU THINK A CERTAIN MESSERS COLEMAN & BELL ARE THE ANSWER ???? and what makes ya think they would want to come back!!!!!! oh yeh Accy through and through (my backside) they had no loyalty when they walked and left us with the snake.
IMHO the boards biggest mistake was not giving Leam the job in the first place as by now he could have moulded the squad to his way of thinking.
When it come,s down to it we each have our own opinion as it,s a well known fact the fans are the best manager,player,liner and ref to ever stand on the terraces.
Anyway DAV it,s good to have you back on the get JC & JB back in campaign as we did,nt hear much from you when we went 3 games unbeaten you are begining to become predictable and with a bit of luck admin will close this thread sooner rather than later.
AccyMad and Kiwi John like this.

Last edited by stanley convert; 13-03-2013 at 08:09.
Old 13-03-2013, 08:08   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
all points are welcome points at the moment but beating Fleetwood then losing to Barnet would have been useless, by far the better option is to beat Barnet as they are a team we need to catch.

Beat Barnet and Wimbledon and last night doesn't matter.
Think your right mac anything attained against Fleetwood would have been a bonus, Barnet however is a different Kettle of fish
Old 13-03-2013, 08:11   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Here we go again Leam is IMHO doing his best with the squad he has give the lad a break and DAV007 I WILL ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTION (that you failed to answer last time you started three of these threads) THAT I ASKED YOU BEFORE, WHAT ON EARTH MAKES YOU THINK A CERTAIN MESSERS COLEMAN & BELL ARE THE ANSWER ???? and what makes ya think they would want to come back!!!!!! oh yeh Accy through and through (my backside) they had no loyalty when they walked and left us with the snake.
IMHO the boards biggest mistake was not giving Leam the job in the first place as by now he could have moulded the squad to his way of thinking.
When it come,s down to it we each have our own opinion as it,s a well known fact the fans are the best manager,player,liner and ref to ever stand on the terraces.
Anyway DAV it,s good to have you back on the get JC & JB back in campaign as we did,nt hear much from you when we went 3 games unbeaten you are begining to become predictable and with a bit of luck admin will close this thread sooner rather than later.
Spot on SC, excuse me asking but is DAV Colemans Son
Old 13-03-2013, 08:24   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
No one is questioning Leam's effort, commitment and desire to turn it around.
Football is a results business and Leam has failed to get results.

Saying the Fleetwood game doesnt matter IF we beat barnet is simply not true.
Every game matters, every point is crucial.
The pressure to win on Saturday will be even greater because we have failed to pick up points.

At this stage, a change of manager is required to put up a fight against the drop

DAV007 what we all want is our club to survive in the Football League, you have this belief that Coleman & Bell could step in and turn our season around,
You say you do not doubt Leam’s Effort, commitment and desire, excepting that you must be criticizing his tactics or team choice or both; if this is the case then I believe you have a point, I believe his friendship with Beattie is clouding his judgement and this is big aspect in the teams negative performances,
Old 13-03-2013, 08:38   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

In fairness Beattie wasn't even on the bench against Northants on sat.
Old 13-03-2013, 08:41   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
DAV007 what we all want is our club to survive in the Football League, you have this belief that Coleman & Bell could step in and turn our season around,
You say you do not doubt Leam’s Effort, commitment and desire, excepting that you must be criticizing his tactics or team choice or both; if this is the case then I believe you have a point, I believe his friendship with Beattie is clouding his judgement and this is big aspect in the teams negative performances,
I agree. Our front two were completely lacking the energy and movement up front which Fleetwood had in spades. What also annoys me is that Molyneux started on the bench, having been the only one of our players recently who has looked remotely like scoring, and having single handedly earned us our only 3 points for ages at Rochdale. Furthermore, how the one who cannot be named (because I'm scared of the scouse mafia) is still being picked is a mystery. Best moment of the night was when he came applauding the Clayton end at the finish and got a prolonged V sign from one of our programme sellers.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 13-03-2013, 08:43   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
In fairness Beattie wasn't even on the bench against Northants on sat.
Well he certainly looked well rested last night - or asleep more likely!
AccyMad and smobile like this.
Old 13-03-2013, 08:51   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Well he certainly looked well rested last night - or asleep more likely!
Maybe that was why he was a free agent before coming to Stanley Red
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..