Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2015, 20:02   #1

Coleman unsackable?

After a very poor run of form and performances, a win last night has eased the pressure but I'm I the only one who thinks Coleman seems to think he's to big for the club and unsackable with him getting us to where we are now
equaliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2015, 20:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Coleman unsackable?

You know where the door is....

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 21:03   #3

No manager is unsackable but to sack a manager should be a last resort not a panic decision. I don't think Coley believes he is unsackable nor that his achievements in the past mean that either. What his past achievements mean are that when times are hard he is afforded the courtesy of trying to change things.

It is obvious that he has made mistakes such as persisting with players when he probably should have changed it but he has also got us to a decent mid table position and kept us away from the relegation zone and going by accounts of last nights game we may have turned the corner and regained some of the heart and fight that was lacking in recent games.

I am neither a Coley worshipper nor a Coley hater, I am a Stanley fan who believes that he is the best man for the job that we are likely to get for the resources we have available. I wasn't convinced by the promotion talk amongst the fans but neither do I think we will be threatened by relegation and I for one will be happy with midtable because it means we are still in the league for another year. Yes, I would like to be in the promotion places but how realistic is that on our budget? If we hadn't got caught up in the belief that Coley returning would lead us to the promised land would we even be discussing this?

I asked in the past that he learned from his mistakes and it looks like he has and for that he and the team deserves our support. We have had bad spells under all of the recent managers but always pulled through and Coley deserves the chance to continue not just because of past achievements but because it is the right thing to do. Too many managers get the sack too easily and we as a club can't afford to change managers on a whim.

I believe that Coley is the man for the job not from blind faith but from considered opinion but it won't stop me being critical if I feel the circumstances merit it .

So, in answer to your question, yes you probably are the only one who thinks that.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 21:14   #4
God Member

Quick, close this thread before Davo gets back from the pub.
cashman, DAV007 and smobile like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 21:20   #5

Under the past three custodians I have feared relegation. Love him or loathe him as a person....as a football manager I genuinely don't think we will ever get relegated under Coley.

If we had gates of 3-4000 then perhaps talk of somebody who could take us to the next step would be more substantial.

But as Mr D states...at this moment in time he's a good fit with our budget and knows the club inside out. He isn't unsackable by any stretch...but I would say his past achievements and the unique manner in which he has been here longer than 60% of the fanbase afford him slightly more patience.

A small price to pay for what he has done for the club and indeed the town.

Plus technically Beattie was mutual consent....so we haven't sacked a manger since 1999.
Old 11-02-2015, 22:21   #6
Senior Member+

equaliser,
you have a very interesting IP address.

Mr.T are we allowed to share it?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:52   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
equaliser,
you have a very interesting IP address.

Mr.T are we allowed to share it?

Haha, massive fail from equaliser, can only think this is a regular poster with a new login
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:07   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
Haha, massive fail from equaliser, can only think this is a regular poster with a new login
I would put money on it johnc.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:32   #9
Senior Member+

There is no doubt he has split the fans right down the middle....

As a man, I simply cannot stomach the bloke and woulden't trust him as far as I can throw him. As shown with the disgusting abuse aimed at the main stand during the Northampton game (in which he has aparently apologised since) The number of people that simply wont watch us with him in charge is rising every week unfortunately.

No doubt he has his failings, as seen probably more than ever with the whole Crooks situation, which was probably the biggest financial blow in the history of the club.

However as others have pointed out, we are sat in mid table, which as everyone knows is a fantastic achievement for our club. We simply do not have the money to sack a manager anyway. Until that situation changes, he wont be going anywhere.
cashman likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:39   #10
Senior Member+

Until that arises then why doesn't everyone turn up and get behind the club/team?

I'm not asking the "Coleman Out" fans to cheer his name, or even clap him off if we win the game, I just think the fans turning up, getting behind the team, urging them on and getting the atmosphere back to like it was a few years ago will only help us stay in the Football League which is vital.
cashman and smobile like this.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:51   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
There is no doubt he has split the fans right down the middle....

As a man, I simply cannot stomach the bloke and woulden't trust him as far as I can throw him. As shown with the disgusting abuse aimed at the main stand during the Northampton game (in which he has aparently apologised since) The number of people that simply wont watch us with him in charge is rising every week unfortunately.

No doubt he has his failings, as seen probably more than ever with the whole Crooks situation, which was probably the biggest financial blow in the history of the club.

However as others have pointed out, we are sat in mid table, which as everyone knows is a fantastic achievement for our club. We simply do not have the money to sack a manager anyway. Until that situation changes, he wont be going anywhere.
I think if he got us midtable with or without money why would we sack him ?

This thread is an absolute joke!

The fact is smudgie you said the players arnt behind him ? As you could clearly see on Tuesday if you was there that every player ran themself into the ground to get that win !

Now your saying the list of people not going to games because of Coleman is increasing .... Can I see this list ? How many people are not going ? 1,2,3,4, 5 at a push? It's not 100's or 1000's! I also think it's quite sad if you don't go to your clubs game because you don't like the manager ! Throughout Beatties rein how much I disliked him throughout it I still went the home games and most of the away as it's the team your supporting and your club not just the manager! The reason people don't come are because of the rubbish football played at the minute and the facilities , nothing to do with John And Jimmy being involved at the club!

Our most successful manager is back at our club keeping us afloat on crap finances, not his full team and now a vendetta!

I'm bewildered...

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:11   #12
Senior Member+

Never met Coley,so its hard to comment on him as a person.
He comes across as a typical scouser,single-mind,stubborn and determined.
Not afraid to take risks,which means he will always leave himself open to criticism ( crookes!!).
From a football point of view i like his philosophy, although i personally like him shouting and screaming instructions (bit quiet for me lately !!)
He understands how Accy works and doubt whether he would compromise the club (financially) in pursuit of glory.
For me,hes a perfect fit,simple (as Cashy puts it !!).
Disappointed about him not liking Dean as a CB,but trust his judgement.
( just a note for Coley,70mins Portsmouth,45 mins Plymouth and 90 mins Oxford --are the only times hes played there for him,and we have yet to concede )
shakermaker and DAV007 like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 15:20   #13

Having worked with Coley a few years ago I can confirm that he is indeed a single minded, stubborn determined person all the things you need to be to be a successful manager. Of course these things are sometimes a weakness as well as a strength but his name is on the team sheet so why should he listen to anyone on here. We are as the paying public entitled to our opinions non the less.
DAV007 likes this.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 09:34   #14

I've not met John Coleman in person but I have heard him get up and sing in a crowded Liverpool town centre pub! I didn't know who it was at first, it was very crowded. Somewhere quite near Moorfields station the pub was and close to Liverpool town hall. A sunday night around Easter time. John & Jimmy resident guitars and maybe Jo as well. Anyway, what did Coley sing? All Together Now.
Singing in a very crowded Liverpool pub.... was this Coley's bravest hour?
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 14:40   #15
Senior Member+

Chubbyman is not posting as equaliser.

Stop the chat.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..