Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 17:44   #151
God Member

Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

Any other Clubs who might have an eye on the Coley & Jimmy will not have failed to been impressed by Today's Scoreline or if they watch the highlights to see what they have instilled and brought to Accy over & over again down the years.

Whatever the hold up is it is a no brainer to I would imagine everyone with Stanley at heart and summat between there ears

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2010, 18:05   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Any other Clubs who might have an eye on the Coley & Jimmy will not have failed to been impressed by Today's Scoreline or if they watch the highlights to see what they have instilled and brought to Accy over & over again down the years.

Whatever the hold up is it is a no brainer to I would imagine everyone with Stanley at heart and summat between there ears
yer quite correct neil, but yer referring to people wi no brains.
Old 02-10-2010, 18:50   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Couldnt agree more SM, and IMHO the longer the saga goes on, the more likely, that should an acceptable offer come along, whether that be Lincoln or another club, then the dynamic duo will have to seriously consider moving on.

To treat JC and JB with such contempt is totally unacceptable and we as fans should now be making those who 'run' the club aware of the depth and strenghth of feeling on the matter.

From today's Telegraph...

Chief executive Rob Heys said: “They have done a great job and we hope they will be at Accrington for many years to come.
“They do have a rolling contract, it’s not as if they haven’t got anything.
“But it would be nice now the season has started to get the contracts sorted.”

Will someone please tell him about D o'N's typist who has been hard at it since April ....or was the MD (?)s pronouncement merely a sly and sneaky ruse to discombobulate all who would like to see the affairs of Accrington Stanley placed on an even keel...It's enough to make one feel that prevarication is afoot, which is for Managers,Players and we Supporters just not on!..

and from Jimmy Bell....(Same article!).....

If anyone was to offer us anything we would have to speak to them.
“We have still not got our contract situation sorted and there may come a point where you have to look after yourself.
“It has been going on for nearly 12 months now. The contracts are all agreed but I don’t know who’s offering us the contract or who owns the club.
“But of course we want to stay here. We love the place.”

Now isn't this a sad state of affairs ??....I'm sure that I am not only speaking for myself when I say that it is so disappointing after seeing the results of John and Jimmy's Managing and coaching this afternoon, to read these words...I only hope that it does not become a self-fulfilling prophesy !!....I am beginning to despair again !!

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 20:41   #154
Senior Member+

From Coley's comments on the lapses in today's game:

"The lads know they're responsible, it's not as if they're going to hide behind anything. They've held their hands up...."

How wonderful it would be if those in the most senior positions in ASFC [i.e. the owner(s) - whoever he/they may be] could follow the example of the players who represent them (and us) so magnificently.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:43   #155
Super Moderator

Accrington Stanley boss Coleman top of Lincoln's wanted list (From Lancashire Telegraph)

This situation has gone beyond a joke now. How much longer do we have to wait for you to do the right thing, O'Neill?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:54   #156
God Member

Something similar from their end Wyn: John Coleman is top choice to become Imps' new manager – and he's interested
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:09   #157
God Member

I hate to say it, but can I refer FC Stanley to my earlier post on this subject?

This really does go beyond the pale, O'Neil MUST sort this and GO!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:27   #158
God Member

Coleman is a legend here and whatever happens I will love him and his offspring's offspring forever, but I would be really disappointed at the lack of ambition if he moved to Lincoln. Kind of a Kenny Arthur situation but on a much, much larger scale.

This uncertainty cannot be good for the players. As soon as we get things right on the field with the best team we've ever had, the cancer that is O'Neill moves to destroy everything. Come on Ilyas, boot him into touch already and let's get the duo tied down to the big fat contracts they deserve.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:35   #159
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

This uncertainty cannot be good for the players. As soon as we get things right on the field with the best team we've ever had, the cancer that is O'Neill moves to destroy everything. Come on Ilyas, boot him into touch already and let's get the duo tied down to the big fat contracts they deserve.
All i can say is patience my friend

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:36   #160
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i would be disappointed big time if they left, but don't think its a lack of ambition shaker, to want yer money when its due n the same fer yer players? n to also want the contract ya were promised, whilst lincoln aint chelsea, there a a damn site more stable than us. attract bigger gates, therefore giving management more funds to play with. Oneil has treated coley n bell wi nowt but disdain imho.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:54   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i would be disappointed big time if they left, but don't think its a lack of ambition shaker, to want yer money when its due n the same fer yer players? n to also want the contract ya were promised, whilst lincoln aint chelsea, there a a damn site more stable than us. attract bigger gates, therefore giving management more funds to play with. Oneil has treated coley n bell wi nowt but disdain imho.
All fair points Cashy, but I believe that Coleman could quite easily be taken on at a Championship club. If Nigel bloody Clough can do it, so can Coley. Hence the 'lack of ambition' statement.

If Coleman took over at Lincoln - even with the benefits of a better wage, a solid contract and better facilities to use - he would be judged by how much mediocrity he could achieve in the same league as he is in us. With the hideous impatience shown by League Two boardrooms, who's to say he would be given the time necessary to exercise the "potential" at Lincoln that he speaks of?

I suppose we can throw pro/con lists at it all we want but our only hope is that someone pulls their finger out around here and gets these contracts signed. It really is ridiculous.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:56   #162
Senior Member+

Its time for change indeed but not the manager!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:57   #163
Resting In Peace

Latest from Lincoln
John Coleman is top choice to become Imps' new manager – and he's interested
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:59   #164
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Re. Lincoln and JC....heard that Radio Lancs suggest today (5th) that they have made an offer !!...

NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE CASHY ????.

Just heard 2pm News and they say Coley is Favourite for the Job...and an interview with Ilyas Khan reveals again his surprise that JC and JB have not been given their Contracts !!...IK Describes JC as 'The best Manager in the Football League !!.

WHAT IS GOING ON !!!

Last edited by yonmon; 05-10-2010 at 13:06.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 13:12   #165
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
Its time for change indeed but not the manager!
agree, just hope it aint too late.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..