Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2010, 13:29   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

Money and status
they seem to be the only things that motivate the deadly duo.
If Heys or D'on cared about stanley, they would acknowledge their track records leave them wanting and move
on.
But while most of you keep buying season tickets and merchandise, they wont be to concerned with your opinion.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2010, 15:59   #32

I think we should concentrate on getting these two signed up rather than players these to are the heart of accy oneill sign them up, oneill oneill sign them up
SammyGsStanleyUltras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 17:06   #33
God Member

I know this is a long shot - but I wonder if this may have 'owt to do with the formal transfer of share ownership between EW and D'O'n? If this has still not gone through then the former still has a trump card....I dunno, maybe I've missed something.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 18:16   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I know this is a long shot - but I wonder if this may have 'owt to do with the formal transfer of share ownership between EW and D'O'n? If this has still not gone through then the former still has a trump card....I dunno, maybe I've missed something.
If it is T, at least the DoN could have said his comment in April, had not come to fruition cos of unforseen circs? unless he don't know the meaning of transparency.
Old 02-06-2010, 19:20   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
But while most of you keep buying season tickets and merchandise, they wont be to concerned with your opinion.
That's the ticket, eh, DAV007? Starve the club of funds and send them into another financial tailspin, effectively rendering all Ilyas's and Peter's good work as pointless.

Still, I don't expect you to listen to me; after all you're the one who thinks I have "some sort of connection with the O'Neill and Heyes double act".

I would suggest instead that you get in touch with Ilyas and see what he thinks of your idea.

Remember to come back and tell us what he says.
Old 02-06-2010, 19:59   #36

Well the Bradford job is taken and Graham Turner is red Favourite to take over at Shrewsbury. First we've heard of JC having his hat in the ring.
jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 20:49   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
That's the ticket, eh, DAV007? Starve the club of funds and send them into another financial tailspin, effectively rendering all Ilyas's and Peter's good work as pointless.

Still, I don't expect you to listen to me; after all you're the one who thinks I have "some sort of connection with the O'Neill and Heyes double act".

I would suggest instead that you get in touch with Ilyas and see what he thinks of your idea.

Remember to come back and tell us what he says.
Sorry but all the money Ilyas put in to save the club is that now a debt owed by the club back to him ? I seem to remember the people of Accrington raising 100k so I think its only fair people know whats going on regarding things within the club. EW and DO put no money in when the club needed it yet they still play this stupid game with the shares that suits them whilst everyone else is rallying round and raising money etc. I feel DAV007 has a point.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 21:09   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
I feel DAV007 has a point.
So, basically what you're saying is that none of us should turn up to watch them and none of us should buy any merchandise? Could you explain how that's going to help the club?
Old 02-06-2010, 21:13   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
So, basically what you're saying is that none of us should turn up to watch them and none of us should buy any merchandise? Could you explain how that's going to help the club?
thats n answer i'd love to hear.
Old 02-06-2010, 21:24   #40

Quote:
I never said that you did all I said was DAV007 has a point whilst everyone is carrying on like there is no problems nothing will change they will be quite happy to drag on the share transfer and EW effectively still owns the club ?

All I know is people gave their hard earned money to help save the club including my friends and work collegues yet the fiasco of who owns what is still carrying on. Yes there has been improvements with the shop etc but the contracts of the JC and JB still not being sorted is a joke as well.

People of Accrington deserve better, out of interest is this like what happened at Chester were fans finally got fed up with the management/owners that they would rather start all over again than keep supporting a corrupt regime ?
Old 02-06-2010, 21:30   #41
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sorry but all the money Ilyas put in to save the club is that now a debt owed by the club back to him ?
Shurm, would you have preferred Ilyas to have just given the money as an unconditional gift? Because if he had, EW would still have the power of his 51% shareholding behind him. As I understand it, the money Ilyas has put in could be converted into shares, thus giving Ilyas effective control of the club if need be. Surely that's a better option than just handing the dosh over?
Old 02-06-2010, 21:38   #42
Super Moderator

Quote:
I never said that you did all I said was DAV007 has a point whilst everyone is carrying on like there is no problems nothing will change they will be quite happy to drag on the share transfer and EW effectively still owns the club ?
Everyone is carrying on like there is no problem? You have got to be joking! D'on comes in for a barrage of criticism on a daily basis on this forum from the majority of posters (including me).

However, withdrawing our support from the club is definitely NOT the answer. You say that DAV007 has a point. Yes, his point is that we shouldn't go to home matches and shouldn't buy merchandise (and presumably draw tickets). In other words, we should slowly strangle the club. My point is, do you agree with him or not?
Old 02-06-2010, 21:42   #43

If thats true then yes of course its better, ideally I would have liked the money to have been unconditional but also for EW to have disappeared from the scene all together. DO still doesn't give me much confidence either, I tell you what if I win the lottery I'll pay the bloody lot off unconditionally and thats a promise (will have to be over 1m though with most going to other charities ).

I've made my stand I won't return till its sorted I'll buy a shirt probably and always look for the results but I just find it frustrating that the 'blind faith' just go on like nothing has happened I really thought it was time for a big change at the club .

Just my opinion not trying to fall out with anyone I'm just more frustrated than most that the club isn't run as well as it should be, even though its probably better in some ways than it has been in the past .
Old 02-06-2010, 21:47   #44
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've made my stand I won't return till its sorted
Well. I find that sad, especially from a fellow "lifer", but hopefully you'll be back! It's in your blood, so you've no choice!
Old 02-06-2010, 21:59   #45

I will be mate as soon as its sorted I only live 5 mins away and see everyone walking to games thats frustrating as well, I can even hear the noise.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..