Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2010, 18:04   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

From 'Lincoln City News '....and if they are anything like The Telegraph , they should know !!

As for the future of Lincoln City Football Club it remains unclear until this evening at least. Most probably, Imps' legend and current coach Grant Brown will get the job as a caretaker-manager; he has to be one of favourites for the full-time post but like Simon Clark last year, it will depend on results should he be given the caretaker role.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2010, 18:08   #122
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
As I have indicated before Cowboy......

Agree ?????.
Very much so yon, however the club should get this debacle sorted out sooner rather than later.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 21:45   #123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
have it on very good authority that they are infact favourites to be offered the job by Lincoln.....................Oneil get your head outta your rear end and get them contracted NOW
So you know Lincolns chairman very personally then?

Coley wont go to another league two club! He always said that! Hes done too much at Accrington to go to another league two club with not as good players as he has got here and with a ground that is just a bit better then Accrington. Hes not bothered by money also so thats no a factor! Hes taking this team on the up! Its his team, hes built off nothing. No way would he throw it away for an extra 300 quid a week.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 22:23   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
So you know Lincolns chairman very personally then?

Coley wont go to another league two club! He always said that! Hes done too much at Accrington to go to another league two club with not as good players as he has got here and with a ground that is just a bit better then Accrington. Hes not bothered by money also so thats no a factor! Hes taking this team on the up! Its his team, hes built off nothing. No way would he throw it away for an extra 300 quid a week.
Did I ever say I did ya numpty? Why jump to that obviously stupid conclusion?...................Every time I or anyone else on here says something even remotely contraversial it appears that you seem to take umbridge and come out with ill thought out comments like the one Ive highlighted.

If you had been arsed to read the other posts and my reply to Yonmon, you would have seen that I also do not believe that Coley would go to Lincoln...............BUT that does not stop Him from being a favoured target does it?

If you really want to play that game, then how come you are so sure that Coley would not leave for an extra £300 a week (thats more info than I have, whats your scource?).................have you asked Him? If I were in his shoes, ie NO contract, unsure of the direction the club was going (Oniel/Whalley debacle), then I'm not sure I would be willing to continue on an adhoc basis, I would want security for my family etc..................Oh and before you say 'He has said so', remember we are talking football here, how many established managers have said exactly the same thing only to change their minds when another, better paid opportunity came along?

I reiterate, I dont believe He will go but I do believe that O'Neil and his numpty Whalley should stop messing around and either put up or bog off for good, because that just might be the straw that breaks the camels back.................Think about it

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 30-09-2010, 22:31   #125
Senior Member+

fc:stanley is correct

A move to Lincoln or any league 2 club would generally be a sideways step.
I think the only exception would be Bradford City.

Tranmere fans dont except Les Parry to still be in charge by May, I would suspect Tranmere would be a natural next level club for Coleman & Bell.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 22:51   #126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
fc:stanley is correct

A move to Lincoln or any league 2 club would generally be a sideways step.
I think the only exception would be Bradford City.

Tranmere fans dont except Les Parry to still be in charge by May, I would suspect Tranmere would be a natural next level club for Coleman & Bell.
sorry davo thats as naive as fc, in 77 i walked outa a trade fer n extra £70 a week, a backward step some said, was a better standard of living fer me family simple as, ya just never know with people. plus only sideways if ya discount getting yer wages when there due. i think coley won't go to lincoln if offered, but ya never know, loads of factors why he might.
Old 30-09-2010, 22:52   #127
Senior Member+

Quote:
Did I ever say I did ya numpty? Why jump to that obviously stupid conclusion?...................Every time I or anyone else on here says something even remotely contraversial it appears that you seem to take umbridge and come out with ill thought out comments like the one Ive highlighted.

If you had been arsed to read the other posts and my reply to Yonmon, you would have seen that I also do not believe that Coley would go to Lincoln...............BUT that does not stop Him from being a favoured target does it?

If you really want to play that game, then how come you are so sure that Coley would not leave for an extra £300 a week (thats more info than I have, whats your scource?).................have you asked Him? If I were in his shoes, ie NO contract, unsure of the direction the club was going (Oniel/Whalley debacle), then I'm not sure I would be willing to continue on an adhoc basis, I would want security for my family etc..................Oh and before you say 'He has said so', remember we are talking football here, how many established managers have said exactly the same thing only to change their minds when another, better paid opportunity came along?

I reiterate, I dont believe He will go but I do believe that O'Neil and his numpty Whalley should stop messing around and either put up or bog off for good, because that just might be the straw that breaks the camels back.................Think about it
Numpty, i wasnt quoting you on what you thought about Coley and the posts about him going/not going. The second paragraph was nothing relevant to your post.

The only person who knows the shortlist and will decide who gets the managerial job at Lincoln is the Chairman of that club. So the only good authority you could get on that they are favourites for the job their is off him, so thats why i simply asked, do you know Lincolns Chairman?

My source is him. When i went to Spain to watch the reds i had a chat with Coley and also at the Ultras End Of Season Do last season. He said he doesn't care about money at all, hes earning more than he was when he was teaching so money isn't an issue. He said he had built his team from day one with him and Jimmy and no-one else and it would take something big for him to move to a bigger and better club. He loves it at Accy as well all know. Talk to him UkCowboy next game , he`ll tell you his views straight forward. Hes had no contract for all these years knowing accy has no money! Were in a better financial position now with him being not under contract then he has been for alllll these years. With Iliyas, better team, getting better crowds, a possibility of a new ground. So why would he leave now?

Bradford were favourites last season to land him, we were in a worse financial position then and Bradford are a big big club! Same with Tranmere. Did he go....

Anyway , im not arguing about your views on Coley going as i wasnt quoting you on that as your comments i mostly agree on from the page before.

Dont we all wish they would sort out the mess regarding the chairman position. Eric should of been long gone.

Last edited by fc:stanley; 30-09-2010 at 22:55.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 23:11   #128
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yer last line sums up everyones feelings i think fc, n thats what concerns me, could be the "Straw that broke the camels back"??? these things do happen, just hope it dont.
Old 30-09-2010, 23:13   #129
God Member

Quote:
have it on very good authority that they are infact favourites to be offered the job by Lincoln.....................Oneil get your head outta your rear end and get them contracted NOW

FC, my apologies..............have just re read my original post and can now see where you were coming from ( I think!)............please exchange the word 'offered' to 'considered for'............

I do however stand by the rest of my post ie possible reasons that JC MAY consider any offer.....................I hope He dosent tho!

As for Whalley/DoN.......we are in agreement

Peace !

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 01-10-2010, 09:52   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
FC, my apologies..............have just re read my original post and can now see where you were coming from ( I think!)............please exchange the word 'offered' to 'considered for'............

I do however stand by the rest of my post ie possible reasons that JC MAY consider any offer.....................I hope He dosent tho!

As for Whalley/DoN.......we are in agreement

Peace !
My little bird at the Crown reports to me that D o'N's Typist is still going flat-out and another week or so might..........

Can we hope that he is a man of his word ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:57   #131
Resting In Peace

Latest from Lincoln

Mick Harford and Steve Thompson are interested in Lincoln City top job
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:13   #132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Cheers jeff have just voted fer Mick Harford.
Old 01-10-2010, 13:19   #133
God Member

And me...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 14:48   #134
God Member

Exclamation Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossy42 View Post
Coley has been linked with the Lincoln job today.
And no doubt he is being linked with a move to The Walkers Stadium today

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 17:05   #135

I remember that Steve Thompson when he was managing Notts County. He got sent from the dugout when they played at the Crown and got into an arguement with some of the main-standers.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..