Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 17:38   #16
Member.

Re: Coley and Jimmy want to come back

I would love to see Colman & Bell returning to the Crown; they should never have left and for me the reasons for that would need to be excised on both sides. No silly promises or over excited gestures. Just common sense approaches

They do know how to get the best out of a team and that's been proven year on year until the Dale move. We'll never get a decent opportunity at league one without stable leadership and drifting for one manager to another; will see us gone, for good in my opinion.

The only way for this club to survive is increased income and for that we need a crack at the play offs or League One football 2014/2015. Sportsmanship, good management, and investment are all Gaols (no pun intended) we need pull into one place next season and the stability of Colman & Bell would serve us to do that.

Anybody new coming in without a major investor on broad will suffer and struggle with the Accrington Stanley mentality towards money and funding.
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2013, 17:43   #17
Senior Member+

Doug, where is this new investor coming from? Also, income generation would have to include walk ons at the ground. Whilst I can see the appeal of JC & JB, to me they blotted their copybook when they went to Stanleydale and robbed half the team during the summer months. Generally speaking, returning managers are never successful the second time round, however, the guy at Bournemouth is an exception to the rule. Time for new blood in charge of the club. What John and Jimmy did to get the club to the play-offs was a minor miracle, but will they be as successful, I am not sure. However, I should say, if the management and directors decide to re-employ them, they will have my whole-hearted support.
cashman and Tommy McQueen like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:14   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
They were hated by the supporters at Rochdale the gates went down over a 1,000 . The same thing will happen here people will never forget how they stuck up for the gambling players . My brother will never go to a Stanley game again because of it . NO THANKS TO COLEMAN and BELL .
What do you expect from fans when they were under instructions to half the wage bill !!,you have to sell/get rid of your top earners,who are normally your better players. Half of supporters realised this,the other half had blinkers on!
Club stability comes before success every time ,just look at Portsmouth ,fa cup winners not long ago
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:39   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
What do you expect from fans when they were under instructions to half the wage bill !!,you have to sell/get rid of your top earners,who are normally your better players. Half of supporters realised this,the other half had blinkers on!
Club stability comes before success every time ,just look at Portsmouth ,fa cup winners not long ago
Was that club stability when they stuck by the gamblers? I stopped watching when they were playing those players, as me oppos will verify, seems ianrays brother stopped going altogether, n i know at least one other that did,
Tommy McQueen and ianray like this.
Old 03-05-2013, 18:40   #20
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Doug, where is this new investor coming from? Also, income generation would have to include walk ons at the ground. Whilst I can see the appeal of JC & JB, to me they blotted their copybook when they went to Stanleydale and robbed half the team during the summer months. Generally speaking, returning managers are never successful the second time round, however, the guy at Bournemouth is an exception to the rule. Time for new blood in charge of the club. What John and Jimmy did to get the club to the play-offs was a minor miracle, but will they be as successful, I am not sure. However, I should say, if the management and directors decide to re-employ them, they will have my whole-hearted support.

I didn't mean to infer that a new investor was on board or even in the mix. I really meant to say that without substantial means in the bank to back the team any new manager not use to Stanley ways would find it hard to be a manager at Stanley. A manager; any manager needs a budget. It's very much catch 22. We need bodies through the gates to raise income to reinvest in the team and the ground; but for that to happen we need a team that will do great things before we get the bodies (money) in the kitty. Where do we start in what is going to be an high risk season, we have already had two Stanley bloods that most of us wanted and they bummed out on us.
DAV007 likes this.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 19:10   #21
Senior Member+

Strange I know but I'm still...

"
Refusing to comment on the Grounds That It May Incriminate Me ! ".......
Outback Ozzy and DAV007 like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 19:55   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Strange I know but I'm still...

" Refusing to comment on the Grounds That It May Incriminate Me ! ".......
What's all that "Brown Stuff" on the fence Yonmon???
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 21:01   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
What's all that "Brown Stuff" on the fence Yonmon???

That observation is totally beneath you Choirboy ! ....though come to think of it my selected image could give those seeking to make a cheeky effort at risque repartee that opportunity.

Anyway it's probably s**t as it happens !.

( That's 'Soot' incidentally Mr T !.)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..