Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 14:46   #61
God Member

Re: Coley to quit over Cisak

Stockport County - County Bid For Trio

Highly-rated Accrington Stanley midfielder Sean McConville, 22, is training with County at Manor Farm ahead of a proposed transfer - in the region of £70-90k.

That do you Maccawozzagod?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2011, 14:55   #62
God Member

Why would Sean bother turning up for pre-season training last week & then be training with County this week - doesn't make sense?? (Knew I shouldn't have given him a kiss when I gave him his award on presentation evening - probably frightened the poor lad off )
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 15:00   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Why would Sean bother turning up for pre-season training last week & then be training with County this week - doesn't make sense?? (Knew I shouldn't have given him a kiss when I gave him his award on presentation evening - probably frightened the poor lad off )
Maybe he hoped Stanley might offer him a better deal ?

Don't know why they say a bid has been turned down, if he hasn't signed a contract then he can't be transferred, do you think they mean a compensation package hasn't been agreed
Old 06-07-2011, 15:07   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

Highly-rated Accrington Stanley midfielder Sean McConville, 22, is training with County at Manor Farm ahead of a proposed transfer - in the region of £70-90k.

90k seems to be a good Return on Investment on a player who widely divides opinion. Granted he had a much improved season just gone but I don't htink he will fulfill the potential that he was touted to have when we signed him. Many people think he would have struggled to play had he not been 'family'.

But having said that, he is on a Bosman, we havae played him a lot and can be said to have developed him way beyond what we got from Skem, he was offered a new improved contract so we could in theory hold out for a higher ransom. If other clubs are in for him (highly rated?) I'd start the auction at 70k and get him a packed lunch ready.

For what its worth I like him as a player, but I dont see that there is much more to come from him and anywhere around 100k sounds a good figure to swell the coffers. Whilst we're having our annual jumble sale we might as well make it a good 'un
Old 06-07-2011, 15:28   #65
God Member

Whatever everyone's opinion is on the latest comings and goings at least we'll have a club to watch this coming season. Yet another club bites the dust.
Demise of the Diamonds - where did it all go wrong?
BBC Sport - Demise of the Diamonds - where did it all go wrong?

Also on the Beeb site about uncle Jimmy's nephew.
Stockport County make bids for Lowe, McConville & Vardy
BBC Sport - Stockport County make bids for Lowe, McConville & Vardy

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 16:54   #66
Senior Member+

Nail on the head there from macca!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 16:59   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
He trained with stanley yesterday it was the players day off today
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 17:31   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

Re-arrange these words into a well-known phrase or saying:-
Off....hands.....their...snap.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 19:16   #69
God Member

Exclamation Re: Coley to quit over Cisak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
........90k seems to be a good Return on Investment on a player who widely divides opinion. Granted he had a much improved season just gone but I don't htink he will fulfill the potential that he was touted to have when we signed him. Many people think he would have struggled to play had he not been 'family'.

There was a big "Sell on" fee if I remember correctly????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 19:35   #70

I'm a bit surprised at some of the stick Sean McConville receives on this forum. It may be a case that he won't be appreciated until he's gone. Take away his contribution of 12 goals last season and a mid table finish would have been on offer. In all the games i saw, he never gave less than 100% and was certainly the most likely midfielder to come up with a goal.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 19:39   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
I'm a bit surprised at some of the stick Sean McConville receives on this forum. It may be a case that he won't be appreciated until he's gone. Take away his contribution of 12 goals last season and a mid table finish would have been on offer. In all the games i saw, he never gave less than 100% and was certainly the most likely midfielder to come up with a goal.
Ho, ho, ho! I'm not being drawn on that.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 19:46   #72
Senior Member+

I wouldent say he gets lots of stick, ill reserve that for John Miles.

We all saw a massive improvement last season, but I feel its a good price for him!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 20:07   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
whilst he certainly improved last season,no doubt, Symes n Grants n Kees contributions were taken away from us, start of the season n many thought we would struggle, funny old game.
Old 06-07-2011, 20:16   #74
God Member

Exclamation Re: Coley to quit over Cisak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Ho, ho, ho! I'm not being drawn on that.
Go on RR....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 20:19   #75
Senior Member+

Alan,your spot on with sean mac.There are a lot of posters who dont rate him,basically because hes not a grafter and doesnt kick defenders up in the air.
He is a long way off being the finished article,but he is a good player and willing learner.( as his goals this season have proved) and his touch is up there with the best.
Incidently,hes rated as the best finisher in the club and i predict a bright future,if he goes i wish him well,plus it takes some bottle to play for relatives team in any standard of football,never mind league 2 standard.
PS; over the last two years of watching Acci,not once have i ever heard the "stanley ultras" critise one of there own players !!!,older fans ,take note of this
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..