Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 20:30   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Coley to quit over Cisak

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
PS; over the last two years of watching Acci,not once have i ever heard the "stanley ultras" critise one of there own players !!!,older fans ,take note of this
what a load of crap. or yer deaf n i thought my lugs were bad.
Old 06-07-2011, 20:42   #77
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
There was a big "Sell on" fee if I remember correctly????

Correct Joe!! 35% sell fee on and heres the link.. Deal was not ideal - Skelmersdale Advertiser
Old 06-07-2011, 20:46   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Correct Joe!! 35% sell fee on and heres the link.. Deal was not ideal - Skelmersdale Advertiser
Can't knock it, good bit of business fer skem.
Old 06-07-2011, 20:51   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Go on RR....
I'll let you do it. You once told me to my face that you were his biggest critic. On you go, then!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 20:57   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
Re-arrange these words into a well-known phrase or saying:-
Off....hands.....their...snap.
Only their hands? I'd go all the way up to the shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster
he never gave less than 100%
100% what?

I like the bit from the article in the Skem Advertiser, which mab linked to, where Skelmersdale's chairman complains about Stanley.

He added: “Whether you are lowly Skem United or Accrington Stanley, you are still affiliated to a respective football association, and all have to abide by the same rules - the difference here is one is a big club and the other a small one.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 20:58   #81
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Can't knock it, good bit of business fer skem.
not bad at all cashy..one thing puzzles me is why is sean out of contract signed by stanley 2/2/09 on a 18month contract,which takes him to 2/9/10 wouldn't sean have signed a 12month contract on the back of this which would take him to 2/9/11 and not the end of june or am i missing something

Last edited by mab; 06-07-2011 at 21:00.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 21:04   #82
Senior Member+

mab,most contracts normally expire at the end of june,the length depends on when they sign
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 21:08   #83
Senior Member+

Cashy i must be deaf then !!!,Does any ultras post on here??,as i truly cant recall any song/chants etc..- maybe jason etc can confirm this
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 21:12   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Cashy i must be deaf then !!!,Does any ultras post on here??,as i truly cant recall any song/chants etc..- maybe jason etc can confirm this
yeh never hear songs/chants calling yer own at any ground by any set of fans, least not that i ever heard, yeh didn't say that, yeh said yeh never heard any ultras calling em in 2 yrs, world of difference.
Old 06-07-2011, 21:50   #85
Full Member+

A sell on clause would only apply if we sold Sean. It would not apply to a Bosman compensation fee, would it??????
Old 06-07-2011, 22:02   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
A sell on clause would only apply if we sold Sean. It would not apply to a Bosman compensation fee, would it??????
good question my guess would be it would apply.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:15   #87
God Member

Exclamation Re: Coley to quit over Cisak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I'll let you do it. You once told me to my face that you were his biggest critic. On you go, then!
I said one of his biggest and I have called him plenty in my time!!!!! The almost open goal at Stevenage, will be the last thing I remember about him.... And getting himself sent off in the second leg!!!!!!!!!

We will have to find somebody else to disagree about come August

P.S. He scored some cracking goals last season!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:04   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
I'm a bit surprised at some of the stick Sean McConville receives on this forum. It may be a case that he won't be appreciated until he's gone. Take away his contribution of 12 goals last season and a mid table finish would have been on offer. In all the games i saw, he never gave less than 100% and was certainly the most likely midfielder to come up with a goal.
I must have been watching different games to you then. Many occasions especially the last couple of games Mc Conville didnt look interested and contributed very little to the games. Especially games that had a strong side. Granted he has improved but lets face it he got much more chance than some and he is way far from the finished article.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:08   #89
God Member

Sean got off to a bad start fer me because he was played wide in a 4-4-2 system and got a bucket load more chances than Turner. I think I'll agree with the comments that Sean is a more technical player and has a good first touch, but I want exciting falir players on the wing - Turner was and Sean wasn't. Yet game after game went by and the status quo remained. Had Chris played 30 odd games in each of the last two seasons then I have no doubt that we would be moaning at him having sodded off to another club, the difference being that it would be a bigger club for a bigger fee.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:47   #90

The reports on Sky mentioned Stockport being interested in both Sean £70k and Ryan Lowe £100k. The official Bury website says that an offer
as been received which was much less than the one quoted and was dismissed as being derisory. I would expect the "derisory" offer made for Lowe to be much higher than the one made for Sean, therefore £70k is
perhaps not a realistic figure.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..