Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 14:36   #1
Junior Member+

Coley to quit over Cisak

Big hint in the Oldham paper, suggests JC may walk out Oldham News | Oldham Athletic News | Tug of war - Chronicle Online
Oldgrumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-07-2011, 15:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Coley to quit over Cisak

Not a chance.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 15:23   #3
Senior Member+

Why would an Oldham reporter have any idea as to what Coley's thinking? If there was a quote, I might be worried.
Old 01-07-2011, 15:27   #4
God Member

Now I know where they got the term Chamber Pot ( Potty's) from
Old 01-07-2011, 18:27   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Not a chance.
I hope to God you are right, but Coley seemed to have an air of resignation about him in Dan's interview. When asked if he thought it was inevitable that we would lose so many key players from the squad he said not, suggesting to me he thought some way of keeping them here SHOULD have been found. I wonder what Dan thought?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 18:58   #6
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I hope to God you are right, but Coley seemed to have an air of resignation about him in Dan's interview. When asked if he thought it was inevitable that we would lose so many key players from the squad he said not, suggesting to me he thought some way of keeping them here SHOULD have been found. I wonder what Dan thought?

It was depressing to watch and his body luggage as been quite subdued since the wages fiasco, however, I'd be surprised if he would ever leave of his own accord. I had personally hoped that Ilyas and the board would have advanced funds to keep as much of the team together and built upon it for a push on promotion in the 11/12 season. It should have been doable just on last seasons record alone. Yeah; it's not my or the supporters money but the rewards could have been dramatic.

Keeping the team together along with an highly publicised promotion bid for 11/12 would have sent the right messages to the town and local business; possibly even wider sponsorship interest; I don't what League One money would be like; but it has got to be better than we're getting now. We've proven we can take on Premiership teams in the cup matches and win so it figures that we could have secured some much need funds from a few good runs; Can we do it this season with a depleted team? I think that would only happen if the club invests in John Coleman; but more importantly; if John Coleman can sustain what appears to be increasing disappointment. The only message that we have sent out this season is that we have failed to learn from our experience of previous seasons.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 21:19   #7
God Member

I seem to recall the same sentiments being expressed about Coley's interviews after the Stevenage games. He's still around though
Old 01-07-2011, 21:54   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Lets be honest Coley aint exactly a bundle of laughs when crap happens......Who Is? when the guy actually says or does summat, then i will take notice.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:42   #9
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

just paper talk as usual!! I can understand JC been frustrated that last yrs team seem hell bent on moving on,Hell i'm frustrated and we don't need news papers to make thing worse than what they are in JOHN we trust keep the FAITH I BELIEVE
Old 02-07-2011, 12:11   #10
Senior Member+

he is waiting for a big job
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:33   #11
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
he is waiting for a big job
He's got one Dave re-building our team
Old 02-07-2011, 12:42   #12
God Member

Exclamation Re: Coley to quit over Cisak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
It was depressing to watch and his body luggage as been quite subdued since the wages fiasco, however, I'd be surprised if he would ever leave of his own accord. I had personally hoped that Ilyas and the board would have advanced funds to keep as much of the team together and built upon it for a push on promotion in the 11/12 season. It should have been doable just on last seasons record alone. Yeah; it's not my or the supporters money but the rewards could have been dramatic.

Keeping the team together along with an highly publicised promotion bid for 11/12 would have sent the right messages to the town and local business; possibly even wider sponsorship interest; I don't what League One money would be like; but it has got to be better than we're getting now. We've proven we can take on Premiership teams in the cup matches and win so it figures that we could have secured some much need funds from a few good runs; Can we do it this season with a depleted team? I think that would only happen if the club invests in John Coleman; but more importantly; if John Coleman can sustain what appears to be increasing disappointment. The only message that we have sent out this season is that we have failed to learn from our experience of previous seasons.
Some valid stuff in there Doug, but I think the one thing that most/all people are forgetting about is.... The players!!! Nobody - not even King Coley - can make players stay if they want to go!!

An awful lot of stuff has gone on over the last 3 seasons, maybe, just maybe, enough was enough for some??? It may have been cash, but it may have been something else??

Just a thought

P.S. Not aimed at you, or anybody in specific Doug, just a reply to this thread

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 14:00   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
An awful lot of stuff has gone on over the last 3 seasons, maybe, just maybe, enough was enough for some??? It may have been cash, but it may have been something else??
The thing that worries me, Joe, is that there might STILL be stuff going on. The deafening silence following that Board meeting is a source of anxiety.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 15:18   #14
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Some valid stuff in there Doug, but I think the one thing that most/all people are forgetting about is.... The players!!! Nobody - not even King Coley - can make players stay if they want to go!!

Just a thought

P.S. Not aimed at you, or anybody in specific Doug, just a reply to this thread

I've no problems with that Joe; to be honest you're most likely to be right. Something that's bothered me is the Play offs; it was like watching something out of a silent movie in places; neither match was attended by the team that played all season long; even the worst performances of the season didn't compare to those last two play off games.

One question I've asked myself is would things had been the same had we gone on to win.

All that said it's happened and there's always a chance that others will go. Whatever has happened over the last couple of months is now irrelevant. There's got to be investment this season in what Coley builds up for us and that team has got to perform better than the last if we are to make any form of progress; even survive in the league.

I have said before; at the end of the day Football teams are like Squadrons, Regiments and Ships company's you can wipe them out; retire them or deplete them; but always they survive, they rebuild, they cherish their Battle Honours; hold high their heroes, support each other and battle on in every adversity. Accrington Stanley; like them, Never Dies.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 18:14   #15
God Member

Smile Re: Coley to quit over Cisak

.................I have said before; at the end of the day Football teams are like Squadrons, Regiments and Ships company's you can wipe them out; retire them or deplete them; but always they survive, they rebuild, they cherish their Battle Honours; hold high their heroes, support each other and battle on in every adversity. Accrington Stanley; like them, Never Dies...........

Agreed

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..