Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 14:29   #1
God Member

Smile Coleys' Programme Notes!

Flicking through the programme yesterday, it was great to see Coley standing up for the club and pointing out the recent (10 yearsish) highs and lows Good to see him coming out and making a stand Well done Coley

KEEP THE FAITH

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2009, 14:57   #2
Member.

Re: Coleys' Programme Notes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Flicking through the programme yesterday, it was great to see Coley standing up for the club and pointing out the recent (10 yearsish) highs and lows Good to see him coming out and making a stand Well done Coley

KEEP THE FAITH
I haven't got one.....please let me see what he's written.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 17:28   #3
God Member

Smile Re: Coleys' Programme Notes!

Much has been said over the recent week with regards to the clubs financial state and the way it is run. Whilst many have firm views I would like people to stop and consider a few memories.

Going to Stockbridge and pulling out a memorable win and the joy on so many of the fans faces when the realisation dawned that we could bounce back into the Unibond Premier. The sheer relief displayed by the management and players and the wild celebrations in front of a packed Crown ground when we beat Farsley Celtic to clinch promotion. (Even more memorible to me as my dad stayed alive long enough to be there that day) The utter despair of the defeat to Leigh at home in the F.A.Cup and then the sweet revenge of beating them 6 - nil at home a few weeks later. Johnny Smith battered and bruised yet there to cheer us on at our win at Whitby our second game in 2 days to all but seal national football. Andy Gouck V Huddersfield and then the travelling having the time of their lives at Ballmouth and bettering it in the nightwith the players. Paul Howarth stroking a pen home to ensure enough funds for us to go full time and party til 5 in the morning. Winning the Peter Swailes shield at Burtons' home ground and singing in their bar. The devastation of losing a 2 goal lead at Worcester to go out of the F.A.Cup only to be presented with the oppourtunity to win 4 League home games on the bounce to storm to the top of the Conference. The raw emotion of Anthony Cavanaghs tragic death and the players lifting themselves time and again on live TV (We won it on Sky), especially at Exeter. The scenes of unbridled ecstacy at Woking and at the town hall. Beating former European Champs Forest in our own right and going to Watford and holding our own. The magnificent players who have graced our pitch:- Mullers, Lutel, Steve Halford, Russell Payne, Mike Marsh, Johnathan Smith, Jamie Speare, Rommy, Craney, Gary Roberts, Steve Hollis to name but a few and absolutley no disrespect to the players not mentioned. A brilliant secratary in Phil Terry and a chairman in EW who, regardless of what people might think, loved the club. The unsung people who put in lots of time and effort. too many to mention none more mentionable than our own Bill Holden for his work at the ground.

That is about the crux of it

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 11-10-2009 at 17:33.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 17:47   #4
Member.

Excellent stuff, thank you for sharing that. Maybe when he's taken us up again he'd like to take on the Club......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 18:26   #5
Senior Member+

I spoke to him before the game, he was gutted he forgot Radcliffe away...

A glorious day to be a red, 2 pitch invasions & a sense of "this is our year"

God bless Coleman & all who sail with him!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 18:28   #6
Senior Member+

indeed god bless coley and jimmy

his prog notes have given me the bones for my telegraph column as have the ones in the Accy Ob by Stanley forever :-)
Old 11-10-2009, 18:46   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
indeed god bless coley and jimmy

his prog notes have given me the bones for my telegraph column as have the ones in the Accy Ob by Stanley forever :-)
Main Stand give us a wave!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 19:37   #8
Senior Member+

I love John Coleman
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 20:29   #9
Senior Member+

its the "pram" stand thank you very much!!!!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..