Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By DAV007
  • 1 Post By choirboy
  • 6 Post By winstanley asfc
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 2 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 4 Post By Kiwi John

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 16:02   #1
Senior Member+

conference 2013/14

Have no sponsor, no tv or highlights deal in place and potentially 2 clubs going bust.
And some people thought we would be fine getting relegated!

It would appear the non league scene is suffering terribly while the premier league turns over billions.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2013, 17:12   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: conference 2013/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Have no sponsor, no tv or highlights deal in place and potentially 2 clubs going bust.
And some people thought we would be fine getting relegated!

It would appear the non league scene is suffering terribly while the premier league turns over billions.
Dead right, DAV007. The contrast is obscene!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 19:24   #3
Senior Member+

Seems that Dav007 and Redraine are becoming "Bessy mates" all of a sudden, agreeing on something at last!?!?
There is hope for Stanley after all.
All we have to do is UNITE behind the STANLEY and support our team/club 100% together whoever is managing the club and whoever the players are.
My STRONG view is that the most important people in the club called ACCRINGTON STANLEY are the supporters who turn up every week and if we can UNITE and work together in the common cause of ACCRINGTON STANLEY then we can only go forwards!
ON STANLEY ON!!
PS. just had me friday night fill of fillet steak and half a bottle of RED and a couple of bottles of Old Speckled Hen so I am feeling quite happy!!!!
Come on you Reds!!!!
DAV007 likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 20:30   #4
Senior Member+

It would seem nearly half the conference will be part time next season.

Hereford are the latest to go part time, Stockport have also gone part time (and may stay in the league depenmding on what happens with Aldershot).
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 20:37   #5

PS. just had me friday night fill of fillet steak and half a bottle of RED and a couple of bottles of Old Speckled Hen so I am feeling quite happy!!!!

me ? sausages, burnt fried onions and mash, washed down with a matured cough linctus - oh where did I go wrong ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 20:45   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
It would seem nearly half the conference will be part time next season.

Hereford are the latest to go part time, Stockport have also gone part time (and may stay in the league depenmding on what happens with Aldershot).
Barrow were also going part time even if they had stopped up
Old 04-05-2013, 07:17   #7
Full Member+

Yes the difference in revenue, tv rights etc between the top 2 divisions and league 1 down is obscene! typified by Henning Berg's 2 and a half million quid pay out...after he won just 1 match in 10 for Blackburn! That money has gone from the game into his back pocket when it would've kept many small clubs afloat for at least a few seasons.
I was down my local the other night, some armchair Man Utd "fan" was moaning about "his community charge keeping Stanley in business when if it was up to him they'd be allowed to go under"! I pointed out to him that if him and his sort actually got of their arses and went to watch their local team, instead of "supporting" some billionaires 30 miles away, clubs like Stanley would have a better chance in life!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nice one Winstanley, Then they wonder why so many detest Man U.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:50   #9
God Member

It's not Man Utd you should despise but certain types of so-called 'fans' that they attract. They 'support' brands like Man Utd in the same way that other people support Asda over Tesco, Samsung over Apple, or KFC over McDonalds. They are desperate to be associated with something that is seen as successful, thinking it somehow reflects on them. Pity, rather than hate, would be a better response.
What we need is another word than 'football fan' for those know-alls who never go to a match.
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:00   #10
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It's not Man Utd you should despise but certain types of so-called 'fans' that they attract. They 'support' brands like Man Utd in the same way that other people support Asda over Tesco, Samsung over Apple, or KFC over McDonalds. They are desperate to be associated with something that is seen as successful, thinking it somehow reflects on them. Pity, rather than hate, would be a better response.
What we need is another word than 'football fan' for those know-alls who never go to a match.
I have utter contempt for the ones who wear such horrible garbs as Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona,Real Madrid shirts etc! Just as much as they'll have contempt for me wearing my blue'n'yellow Stanley away shirt! I wore it in Blackpool yesterday,the number of people who stirred at it trying to suss out who it was made me feel a little uncomfy. I thought the "ASFC" Stanley socks i was also wearing might have given them a clue!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 21:14   #11
God Member

Maybe the looks were because you'd forgotten to put on your Stanley shorts.
DaveinGermany and smobile like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 18:45   #12
God Member

Love the Man Utd bashing... over here, for years I have been annoyed by fellow NZ footy lovers who have adopted Man U as their club simply because they have been successful. This has been going on since I can remember.
Two years ago, I took steps to 'fix' that. As coach,at seasons start, I informed my playing squad thatany player wearing ManU clobber to training, would be fined a small sum of money,made to do multi physical drills in front of jeering team mates, and threatened with being considered as sub for next match. It worked on all ocassions bar one. Aaron refused to comply, and dutifully did the squats, shuttles and press ups while suffering the jibes of team mates for about 4 sessions.The money mounted. We then relented and agreed on a flat $5 end of season fine and let him wear the garb.. We caved in because Aaron was from Manchester and was a regular at Old Trafford with his dad up until his immigration. He wasn't jumping on the bandwagon like many kiwis do.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 22:53   #13
Senior Member+

So if you see someone wearing a United shirt other than in Manchester, you assume that they are they are jumping on the band wagon, possibly, but just remember there are those of us who support Stanley first, since 1954, and United second, since 1956, and wear either shirt where ever and when ever. Last time watching Stanley? two years ago, last time watching United? In Seattle about 3 years ago and I get lots of pleasure from both. In Aruba last year, wearing my Stanley shirt, I heard, "bl**dy h*ll, I never thought I'd see that here, I've been to the Crown a couple of times." Turned out to be a Rochdale supporter, great stuff. However if someone tried to bully me out of wearing my United shirt! well, doesn't need a comment.
I totally agree though that the rich getting richer while the lower div. clubs struggle, def. needs serious restructuring. Oh yes, almost forgot, I hate refs too whether at Stanley or Manchester {or even Liverpool?**.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..