Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2004, 16:56   #1
Senior Member+

confused?? - You will be

Will the real Accrington Stanley please play at home. Today's game was absolutely rubbish. The team as a whole were not in it for over an hour and when they did come alive they were too late.
Admittedly, the Pillock call Pollock was an absolute disgrace, turning down ! clear penalty (Craney) and one dodgy one (I thought smiffy fell over rather too easily, but Pillock's linesman - sri I will not call them assistant refs - were of no help at all.
Secondly, according to the Official site, Banim had been recalled by Shrewsbury, yet he is named today amongst the subs???
WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!

Just as a P.S. - I don't know who spat at the officials as they were walking off, but that cannot and must not be condoned at any footie ground anywhere. Even if they make a complete bollocks of the decisions

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 25-09-2004 at 17:01.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2004, 17:22   #2

Re: confused?? - You will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy

Just as a P.S. - I don't know who spat at the officials as they were walking off, but that cannot and must not be condoned at any footie ground anywhere. Even if they make a complete bollocks of the decisions
I agree with you 100%, even though the officials were poor, this is not on and should not be tolerated. And what were the stewards doing? What are they paid for - they should stop this type of thing straight away. This was my first league home game of the season (I saw the friendlies v Burnley/Wolves) and what a let down. The team - were very poor (again I'm told), bad stewards, and idots spitting - god help us when we play some 'good' sides.
Blackburn Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2004, 17:25   #3

we cannot chase games for 70mins then suddenly switch on. however it was a complete reversal at northwich when we dominated the majority of the game and slept at the end. nice to see the old hungry lutel back though what about renewing the james/mullin partnership
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2004, 18:56   #4

Smile Re: confused?? - You will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn Stanley
I agree with you 100%, even though the officials were poor, this is not on and should not be tolerated. And what were the stewards doing? What are they paid for - they should stop this type of thing straight away. This was my first league home game of the season (I saw the friendlies v Burnley/Wolves) and what a let down. The team - were very poor (again I'm told), bad stewards, and idots spitting - god help us when we play some 'good' sides.
"Well you played one today, and god couldnt help you!".
weve had our fair share of bad refs this season as well, and to be honest they do make games very frustrating, i cant comment to much as i was only listening to in live on the internet, but having spoke to friend on the phone and he said in all fairness a draw would of been a fair result, what goes around comes around,but i hope our results and ability to get 3 points regulary continue,i,m sure you lot will be up there with the play offs at the end of the season, so good luck.
up fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2004, 20:13   #5
Full Member+

Angry Re: confused?? - You will be

I disagree with upfleet... I think Gravesend deserved their win. Much better ball control than us although their timewasting was a bit annoying. Maybe the lads need a boot up the arse before they come out for the first half instead of trying to chase a home game. The ref was probably the worst I`ve seen all season, but there`s a long way to go yet!!
Old 25-09-2004, 20:24   #6
Senior Member+

Yeh the ref was crap........we need to play 2 up front at home though.......wat do you all think?

Mullin just has nothing up there with him and is isolated whereas in the second half he had Evil and Lutel (and Smithy in last 15) up there with him and we created a lot more chances..............

Yes play 4-5-1 away but we need to attack more at home.......

moan moan moan
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2004, 20:55   #7

After we got the goal i thought we played a lot better and perhaps could have got a point, but over all gravesend deserved the win as we can't afford to chase a game (ie we need to play like we did for the final 20 mins or so). If we keep putting in performances in like we did today (to to some degree against legih last sat and perhaps northwich tues) the attendances wwill keep falling
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2004, 23:10   #8
Full Member+

Fair play to Gravesend, they deserved their win. They looked solid at the back and dangerous up front and we only looked one of those.

The 4-5-1 system works well if Mulley can hold onto the ball, lay it off to Craney or the wingers and then we look extremely effective going forward. Today, the ball into Mulley was very poor and when it was good enough, he was outmuscled far too often, so they regained possession.

It could have been very different had he scored in the very first minute from his easiest chance of the game. Apart from that we never looked like scoring until we went gung-ho for the last 30 minutes and even though we scored, we needed JK to pull off some great saves to keep us in the game.

If competition for places is a good thing, I think it is time we dropped Mulley to the bench and played Evil as the lone striker so he can lay it off to Lutel, Craney or Rory.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2004, 10:15   #9

Why do we insist on lumping the ball in the air against sides that are much taller than us. surely it was obvious that Mully was not going to do much with that gorilla Moore dragging him all over the place everytime he went for a high ball and it was even more obvious the officials weren't going to protect him. Once we played the ball on the floor we started to dominate but then we ran out of luck got desperate and started to snatch our shots. Well done to Jon Kennedy, he shouldn't have been on the losing side
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2004, 19:57   #10

The wrong side was chosen and defeat followed. Playing Paul Cook (and may he never darken a Stanley shirt again) meant we surrendered the initiative from the start and had no width. It was telling the opposition we were concerned about them and were playing to keep the point we started with. When Lutel, who should have started, came on we were a different and better side. There was a piece in the press recently how Forest played a terrible first half and expected a right rollicking from Cloughie at half time. He never appeared in the dressing room though. He was, however, waiting outside as the team went out for the second half. He held his hand up and said it wasn't their fault to the players. His only other words were, "I picked the wrong team!" Truly, a Big Man and football genius. If only all managers, when necessary, behaved similarly.
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2004, 08:33   #11
Resting In Peace

Moan, moan, moan. What's the problem we're fifth in the league aren't we.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2004, 09:26   #12
Senior Member+

I agree with Whalley Red on the Mullin position, I would love to see Lee evil have a crack at the up front man. Nothing against the Legend that is PAUL MULLIN. But a change can do you good. Lee is so good at scaring defences lets see him do it some more
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2004, 11:24   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
The wrong side was chosen and defeat followed. Playing Paul Cook (and may he never darken a Stanley shirt again) meant we surrendered the initiative from the start and had no width. It was telling the opposition we were concerned about them and were playing to keep the point we started with. When Lutel, who should have started, came on we were a different and better side. .
OMG someone else agrees with me about mr cook, yes he can pass occasionally but cant do anything else. Lutel should have started up front with Mullin as we know that partnership works well. 4-5-1 is NOT the right way to play at home, even if it has worked in the past. And anyone who complains and says "moan moan moan " or something similar, yes i am moaning but it is just my opinion. Even if we were top of the league we could still have problems.
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2004, 12:33   #14
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Even if we were top of the league we could still have problems.
Exactly, I agree entirely, but try convincing the majority who just accuse you of moaning.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2004, 14:10   #15
Senior Member+

moan moan moan

hehehehehe
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Evil!!! | Hi »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..