Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2013, 09:56   #16
God Member

Re: Congratulations Bradford

That's why I said they could be playing in Europe, if - and I know it's a big if - they can beat Chelsea in the final (that's supposing Chelsea beat Swansea tonight) - at least that's what the commentator on SSN said last night
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2013, 10:12   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If that's the case= grossly unfair in my book.
Its always been that way cashy, since the restructuring of Europe around 1994/5 when they did away with the cup winners cup, the FA Cup is different a place in the Europa League has to go to the highest placed team that has not already qualified, this has gone to a beaten semi finalist once I think, The League Cup only the winners get a place, if they have already qualified the place goes to the highest placed team in the Premier League not qualified, there are 4 places in the Champions league 1 in the Europa league for 5th I think, then one each representing the cups
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:59   #18
God Member

Heh, Bradford have won a trip to Wembley. That's the prize for their fans.
Any talk about next season's competitions in Eurineland is best left to football gossip merchants on TV.
Good luck to 'em.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 17:43   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
well done Bradford, as finalist they have at least £50000 in the bank
It appears they are going to earn around a million quid for there efforts, well deserved
Old 24-01-2013, 07:38   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It appears they are going to earn around a million quid for there efforts, well deserved
Yep!!! jay, I've just found this summary on the Guardian site
Bradford City to earn £1m from Capital One Cup final gate and TV money | Football | guardian.co.uk
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 08:17   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Before the match VILLA turned down the chance to share receipts from the final, obviously thinking they were going to stuff Bradforddon't you just love it when this happens, the greedy barstewards will get sweet FA now
Old 24-01-2013, 10:14   #22
I am Banned

also congratulations to swansea,so should be a good final now that the EPL big boys are not in it this season
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..