Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2020, 10:34   #331
Super Moderator

Re: Coronovirus

Nothing is in and nothing is out; PL and EFL plan is to re-start BUT the issue in L1 and L2 is that a lot of clubs have contracts with expire on June 30th. Will all clubs have enough registered players to complete the season in a competative manner.
Main focus has been meetings with the PFA who are only slowly joining in.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2020, 11:15   #332
God Member

Thanks for that Mr. T, having seen that Colchester published their release list the other day with 16 players on it others will probably follow suit. It's a very trying time logistically and I think some managers won't be happy to carry on with reduced squads reduced transfer windows whatever gets thrown in the makeup. It's going to be a financial nightmare I think for the majority of clubs do you think personally some will inevitably fold.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:45   #333
God Member

[QUOTE=Mr T;
Main focus has been meetings with the PFA who are only slowly joining in.[/QUOTE]

you would have expected them to have been talking weeks ago as it affects the livelihood and possibly the health of their members. said at the outset of all this i was looking for their point of view. suppose thats why i heard nothing in relpy at the time.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:05   #334
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

trouble is probably half of the P.F.A. are half wits?
Old 03-05-2020, 08:52   #335
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
trouble is probably half of the P.F.A. are half wits?
who is our players representative on the PFA.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:33   #336
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
Perhaps Cashy can step in.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:06   #337
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sean Mc is our PFA rep
monkey hanger likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 14:57   #338
Senior Member+

worried, love football, love Stanley but can’t see I will be able to watch the team play at the Wham anymore this year, so this means no season ticket sales for next season so how does our club survive
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 15:13   #339
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
worried, love football, love Stanley but can’t see I will be able to watch the team play at the Wham anymore this year, so this means no season ticket sales for next season so how does our club survive
not a good prognosis, think thats worrying many of us.
Old 03-05-2020, 15:28   #340
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
It's more likely to survive if it doesn't have to waste money on the stupid idea of finishing the season behind closed doors, better to write it off baton down the hatches unfortunately let out of contract players go and when it's deemed safe enough for fans it's safe enough for players, hopefully Stanley and the majority of clubs will be still around and raring to go. Inevitably though football will change hopefully financially at the very least so has clubs aren't forever walking a tightrope.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-05-2020, 15:39   #341
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

think however its sorted its gonna be very iffy for many clubs.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:47   #342
God Member

Oh dear Sky Sports article stating could be an entire 2020/21 season with no crowds Premiership behind closed doors, hope to God they find a vaccine or treatable drugs or football as we know it will change beyond what we know now.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:27   #343
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think however its sorted its gonna be very iffy for many clubs.
do not want any clubs to get into trouble if only for their fans sake. my only fear is that if there is a chance of bailouts for clubs there could be a bit of crying wolf about. got to the point i,m afraid that trust does not come easy for me.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:50   #344
Senior Member+

Quote:
do not want any clubs to get into trouble if only for their fans sake. my only fear is that if there is a chance of bailouts for clubs there could be a bit of crying wolf about. got to the point i,m afraid that trust does not come easy for me.
It's interesting how football always talks of its uniqueness.
Can't imagine many other sports being in a different position.
Don't hear many Cricket Clubs, Rugby League / Union shouting get us back in front of crowds or we're finished.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:51   #345
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It's interesting how football always talks of its uniqueness.
Can't imagine many other sports being in a different position.
Don't hear many Cricket Clubs, Rugby League / Union shouting get us back in front of crowds or we're finished.
One example in March the English Cricket Board announced a £61 million support grant for cricket also various support grants and schemes for clubs and grassroots clubs acted quickly and in unison unlike some I could mention. Trouble with football is it ,s us and them attitude so always going to be a falling out.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..