Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2020, 09:02   #451
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Total joke has been from the start.
is there anyone actually out there surprised by yesterdays outcome. a cynic like me always thought they had arranged the outcome weeks ago. something to keep fans interests in the game for a few weeks longer. football was always looking for a way back before anything else was ever talked about for any other business and the season being ended will at least give the game some credibility for those who cannot see the tunnel never mind its end at the moment.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-05-2020, 09:37   #452
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If Satanage aren’t to be relegated (as stated in above link) and Leagues are not to increase in numbers, then presumably Barrow could go up if only three clubs from L1 went down.
I think Barrow will come up to restore the 92, i can't see the Bury decision being reversed.

It will be good to see our old rival and a Lancashire club return to the football league.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 10:03   #453
God Member

At least now in league 2 those players without a contract can now look to sort out their personal furtures beyond June 30th wether that's in football another career or even signing on league 1 players still in limbo.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 11:23   #454
Senior Member+

Quote:
At least now in league 2 those players without a contract can now look to sort out their personal furtures beyond June 30th wether that's in football another career or even signing on league 1 players still in limbo.
Andy,
The players whose contracts expire on 30 June have been allowed to speak to prospective new employers since January. The only reason the transfers are in limbo is because all the clubs want to know how this season gets resolved.
The market is still quite buoyant and I think there will be a lot of handshake deals in principal already done, and once the future is known they'll all get formalised.
Some clubs are running with two budgets set for next season dependent upon which league they are in.
That then reflects on the signings they want to make.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 11:28   #455
Senior Member+

Seamus is representing the lads as Club Captain. He takes his role very seriously. Sean Mc is the PFA representative. Wonder what his view is ?
See Andy Holt's tweet this morning.

"I’ll tell you something else.

Our captain
@ASFCofficial
Seamus Coneely has asked me many times what is going on.

Players need to know NOW who is getting contracts and who isn’t.

They have families, mortgages lodging etc.

I can’t answer him.

They’re sick of uncertainty
@PFA"
Old 16-05-2020, 11:44   #456
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post

They’re sick of uncertainty
@PFA"
all clubs and not just ours are in the same boat. in normal times are not the retained lists all out by now. those who clubs have freed and those who are being offered new contracts.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 11:56   #457
Super Moderator

The EFL are pushing back the "retained" list until 23rd of June or the usual 4 days after a clubs last game.
Obviously clubs can do it earlier if they want to talk to players.
However it's all a tad difficult until we know central distributions and when crowds will be allowed back into stadiums
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 11:59   #458
God Member

Quote:
Andy,
The players whose contracts expire on 30 June have been allowed to speak to prospective new employers since January. The only reason the transfers are in limbo is because all the clubs want to know how this season gets resolved.
The market is still quite buoyant and I think there will be a lot of handshake deals in principal already done, and once the future is known they'll all get formalised.
Some clubs are running with two budgets set for next season dependent upon which league they are in.
That then reflects on the signings they want to make.
Some clubs running with 2 budgets well I bet if no crowds this year some will be running with none.
Old 16-05-2020, 12:54   #459
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Colchester were in League2 play offs and chairman said all 24 clubs were in agreement with decision which says to me the clubs put players safety before anything else.?
Old 16-05-2020, 13:39   #460
Senior Member+

Quote:
Some clubs running with 2 budgets well I bet if no crowds this year some will be running with none.
Don’t shoot the messenger !
Old 16-05-2020, 13:41   #461
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Colchester were in League2 play offs and chairman said all 24 clubs were in agreement with decision which says to me the clubs put players safety before anything else.?
Felt so sorry for the lady owner of Port Vale.
She think she might get stick from their fans.
I hope not
Old 16-05-2020, 14:24   #462
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Felt so sorry for the lady owner of Port Vale.
She think she might get stick from their fans.
I hope not
only off the knobheads,i think if she does. imho. i dont like it doubt many will but to me shes correct.
Outback Ozzy likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 16-05-2020 at 14:26.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 16:26   #463
God Member

Quote:
....The market is still quite buoyant and I think there will be a lot of handshake deals in principal already done....
What!
I hope the Covid Police weren’t watching from their drones.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 18:30   #464
Senior Member+

Ok then wink wink.
Old 17-05-2020, 08:00   #465
God Member

Salford release 11 at least they can get on with their lives and Salford with running their club league 1 hopefully will go same way Monday.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..