Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2020, 09:54   #751
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think we all hope for the best. however any slight increase in positive test numbers may put october back for us.
I know we are all guided by the guidelines but if football continues for any length of time on reduced gates or in event of local lockdowns as is the case with Accrington at the moment no crowds I can really see clubs struggling will we end the season with all clubs intact.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2020, 07:30   #752
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I know we are all guided by the guidelines but if football continues for any length of time on reduced gates or in event of local lockdowns as is the case with Accrington at the moment no crowds I can really see clubs struggling will we end the season with all clubs intact.
agree. mind you not all of us will feel the same about the return of fans. i am sure there will be some like me would go back tomorrow like it used to be, whilst the opposite where some will not go back as they fear the virus. as fans there is sod all we can do about it but wait and see.
cashman and pifco like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 15:58   #753
God Member

More than 30 MP,s have pleaded with the government to allow fans in at lower level football steps 5 and 6 are due to start season on 5th September but collectively are refusing to start without crowds, some only average around 100 spectators on most games so safety isn't an issue but cost his could affect early rounds of FA cup if they refuse to play.
Old 18-08-2020, 17:51   #754
God Member

Quote:
More than 30 MP,s have pleaded with the government to allow fans in at lower level football steps 5 and 6 are due to start season on 5th September but collectively are refusing to start without crowds, some only average around 100 spectators on most games so safety isn't an issue but cost his could affect early rounds of FA cup if they refuse to play.
Just announced fans allowed to return from now below National League,s North and South it's a start.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 19-08-2020, 07:32   #755
God Member

Quote:
, some only average around 100 spectators on most games so safety isn't an issue but cost his could affect early rounds of FA cup if they refuse to play.
its the cost of putting a game on for the home side and the transport costs for the away club with sod all coming in which is the issue. some clubs may have an owner that can prop em up for some time. but others live week to week on gate money, game sponsorship and a bar open 7 days a week.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 13:53   #756
God Member

I see United,s captain McGuire has managed to get his self arrested somewhere in Greece are these over paid over rated " superstars " for real when we are all being told on the run up to crowds returning to sign a behaviour chart beggars belief the football authorities should come down on him like a ton of bricks I hold my breath.
Old 21-08-2020, 15:15   #757
Senior Member+

Quote:
I see United,s captain McGuire has managed to get his self arrested somewhere in Greece are these over paid over rated " superstars " for real when we are all being told on the run up to crowds returning to sign a behaviour chart beggars belief the football authorities should come down on him like a ton of bricks I hold my breath.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to wait until you've got at least some idea of what allegedly happened before you make your mind up? You may be absolutely right, but then again ......
cashman likes this.
Old 21-08-2020, 15:46   #758
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Wouldn't it be a good idea to wait until you've got at least some idea of what allegedly happened before you make your mind up? You may be absolutely right, but then again ......
Why even be going abroad with all that's going on ok if your retired maybe or can afford to quarantine if your in a place that's affected but a footballers with the new season weeks away come on.
Old 21-08-2020, 15:47   #759
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

dont forget one of ours took the blame for his mate who was a so called superstar.
pifco and andyd like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..