Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2021, 10:23   #151
Senior Member+
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its only bit of priority is for its fans itself. the majority of the population either have little interest or no interest in the game. i personally would hate to see football being cancelled but then i could not care less if foreign holidays are cancelled and pubs never open again, apart from those who lose their livelihoods due to it.
Precicily the point some folk are saying one rule for some etc,etc.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2021, 08:56   #152
Senior Member+
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Entire National league season under threat as the second installment of grant money promised when they started as been changed by the government to loans 75% of clubs want season to finish now big meeting tomorrow hopefully trying to get government to change it's mind, if it does finish a lot of clubs saying non league will change beyond recognition.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 10:24   #153
Senior Member+
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Entire National league season under threat as the second installment of grant money promised when they started as been changed by the government to loans 75% of clubs want season to finish now big meeting tomorrow hopefully trying to get government to change it's mind, if it does finish a lot of clubs saying non league will change beyond recognition.
it actually might be a good idea in the non league structure did change. there will always be bigger clubs in any league but the difference in the national league of clubs like notts and stockport counties, wrexham, chesterfield and hartlepool in comparison to weymouth and wealdstone is the biggest in any league in this country. a regionalised div.2 to incorporate these teams would be a better way and the traditional non leaguers having their own leagues that may eventually go back part time as they used to be.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 11:01   #154
Senior Member+
 
Chimer's Avatar
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
it actually might be a good idea in the non league structure did change. there will always be bigger clubs in any league but the difference in the national league of clubs like notts and stockport counties, wrexham, chesterfield and hartlepool in comparison to weymouth and wealdstone is the biggest in any league in this country. a regionalised div.2 to incorporate these teams would be a better way and the traditional non leaguers having their own leagues that may eventually go back part time as they used to be.
Are you saying let the clubs that were once league clubs and are doing sort of all right just now back into an extended EFL and then permanently raise the drawbridge? And while we're at it, shouldn't we throw out the "traditional non-leaguers" that happen to be in the EFL at the moment? Which would include Fleetwood, Burton and most of the clubs currently near the top of League 2 - oh, and probably us given where we were for forty-odd years?
MikeA likes this.
__________________
Zero Tolerance of Intolerance
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 09:50   #155
Senior Member+
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Are you saying let the clubs that were once league clubs and are doing sort of all right just now back into an extended EFL and then permanently raise the drawbridge? And while we're at it, shouldn't we throw out the "traditional non-leaguers" that happen to be in the EFL at the moment? Which would include Fleetwood, Burton and most of the clubs currently near the top of League 2 - oh, and probably us given where we were for forty-odd years?
so many of these what i call traditional non league clubs will never have a decent fan base and are being bankrolled by some individual just to compete with the bigger ex league clubs. the non league system allows this. actually one day a club will fluke promotion without a ground or fanbase to really allow em to suceed in the league. would macclesfield even without their owner problems still have existed if they had not gained that promotion a few years back. just wonder how many fans would flock to fleetwood if they got relegated and were struggling in div.2. lot less that stanley i think.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 15:30   #156
Senior Member+
 
Chimer's Avatar
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
so many of these what i call traditional non league clubs will never have a decent fan base and are being bankrolled by some individual just to compete with the bigger ex league clubs. the non league system allows this. actually one day a club will fluke promotion without a ground or fanbase to really allow em to suceed in the league. would macclesfield even without their owner problems still have existed if they had not gained that promotion a few years back. just wonder how many fans would flock to fleetwood if they got relegated and were struggling in div.2. lot less that stanley i think.
Isn't that exactly how unkind people would have described us when we were hanging on by our fingernails to a League 2 place and just about keeping our gates above 1000, only a few years ago?

And wouldn't you have called Oxford, Wimbledon and Wigan "traditional non-league clubs" just a few years before they started climbs that led to the (proper) First Division / Premiership and assorted Cup Finals?
__________________
Zero Tolerance of Intolerance
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2021, 10:16   #157
Senior Member+
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Isn't that exactly how unkind people would have described us when we were hanging on by our fingernails to a League 2 place and just about keeping our gates above 1000, only a few years ago?

And wouldn't you have called Oxford, Wimbledon and Wigan "traditional non-league clubs" just a few years before they started climbs that led to the (proper) First Division / Premiership and assorted Cup Finals?
think we could all pick and mix for our points of view. stanleys few poor seasons are nothing compared to our friends at spotland whose gates and performances in the late 70,s right up past the mid 80,s were far worse than stanleys. if they had gone then i doubt they would have survived but certainly improved as a club over time. think wimbledon were really the beacon of the non league success story. wigan should have been voted into the league years before they were but i,ll refain on comment about oxford.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2021, 16:07   #158
Senior Member+
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Entire National league season under threat as the second installment of grant money promised when they started as been changed by the government to loans 75% of clubs want season to finish now big meeting tomorrow hopefully trying to get government to change it's mind, if it does finish a lot of clubs saying non league will change beyond recognition.
Getting messy in National league,s some clubs saying they aren't going to play on as it's pointless wasting any more money, and with comments about pubs and restaurants probably remaining shut until May at the earliest fans won't be back so no income can't blame them majority have voted for options 2 or 3 which are turn the loans into grants or null and void season.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 13:16   #159
Senior Member+
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

National league's North and South suspended for 2 weeks.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 14:18   #160
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
National league's North and South suspended for 2 weeks.
A bit about it here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55767999
__________________
JCFG

15 Years in the Football League



308

STAY SAFE
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 10:02   #161
Senior Member+
 

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Bit of a reality check from Cheltenham manager Michael Duff the club will be here next year largely down to this cup- tie.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 18:07.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.31305 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1