Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2020, 21:13   #16
God Member

Re: Covid got 2 More

Well after a thoroughly depressing day the EFL confirms that the season can continue a ray of light in a wierd scenario we are living in.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2020, 09:35   #17
God Member

With the government urging elite football to carry on has it gives those that choose to watch it a sense of well-being and helps mentally, while pausing all other activities such as , golf, swimming, tennis, gyms etc:- surely this is the ideal opportunity to collectively push for the 1.5 billion pound aid they have been pushing for for all sports and facilities, not just to expect football to soldier on to bring relief to a certain viewing public.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-11-2020, 15:47   #18
Full Member+

I doubt that the government has £1.5 billion to spare at the moment, in fact I doubt if they have a spare £1.50 after all they need some money for their pay rise.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 16:01   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
I doubt that the government has £1.5 billion to spare at the moment, in fact I doubt if they have a spare £1.50 after all they need some money for their pay rise.
Or an extra round in the commons bar, Andy Burnham rightly or wrongly argued for more cash for Manchester to enter Tier 3 turned down then hey presto it is now there. It's easy for government to say carry on football the public need you paying for it is something for someone else to find?
Old 03-11-2020, 11:09   #20
God Member

New offer of bailout by the Premiership same £50 million, £20 million upfront, £30 million emergency fund for league's 1 and 2 and a promise that any Championship clubs that can prove they are struggling will be saved from going under.
Old 04-11-2020, 21:48   #21
God Member

While in London for Fleetwood,s game at Charlton Fleetwood,s chief executive officer took the chance to visit parliament and lobby the government about a bailout, he claims 8 EFL clubs failed to pay wages last month or the tax bills and approached the EFL for assistance, he says this likely to rise to at least 10 this month and counting, rumours suggest maybe Fleetwood could well be one of these.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:18   #22
God Member

Football, chiefs have been called to appear before a select group of mp,s to explain why a bailout hasn't happened were they are at, a spokesman from the sports ministry says Covid has exposed the economy,s of a madhouse in football how clever these people to the likes of me it's been a madhouse certainly since 1992 if not before.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:55   #23
Full Member+

I couldn't agree more Andy after all the problems about Bury and Bolton, and several other clubs, in the last couple of seasons all of which were extensively covered in the national press and on all the major t.v. and radio sports programmes for many hours yet the sports ministry appear to think that it has only come to light due to Corvid.
But there again I suppose that that is quick thinking for some one in politics.
andyd likes this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:23   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
I couldn't agree more Andy after all the problems about Bury and Bolton, and several other clubs, in the last couple of seasons all of which were extensively covered in the national press and on all the major t.v. and radio sports programmes for many hours yet the sports ministry appear to think that it has only come to light due to Corvid.
But there again I suppose that that is quick thinking for some one in politics.
The bottom line is do you really think they care unless it starts to affect hmri tax revenue they don't give two hoots otherwise to me.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:35   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

they have NEVER given a stuff about the lower teirs in football, anyone who thinks different to me need certifying. stanley are an example of that in 62.
pifco, choirboy, andyd and 1 others like this.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:44   #26
Senior Member+

One of the difficulties with any 'bail-out' will be apportioning it between clubs who overspend, creating problems for themselves, and those with a prudent financial approach whose possibly temporary difficulty may not be immediately apparent.
cashman, Chimer and monkey hanger like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:54   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
they have NEVER given a stuff about the lower teirs in football, anyone who thinks different to me need certifying. stanley are an example of that in 62.
Neither did Bob Lord an example even back then of so called " bigger clubs" not giving a toss.
cashman, pifco, choirboy and 1 others like this.
Old 05-11-2020, 13:14   #28
God Member

Furlough scheme extended to end of March 2021 so for all the talk of coming out of lockdown we will be in harsh tiers until then definitely no fans back for the foreseeable.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:31   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Neither did Bob Lord an example even back then of so called " bigger clubs" not giving a toss.
just wish stanley had got as much publicity as bury have had over the last year or so back in 1962. anyone like me living outside the town had to search for what was going on and only found out a lot of the facts after supporting stanley from 2009.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:54   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
just wish stanley had got as much publicity as bury have had over the last year or so back in 1962. anyone like me living outside the town had to search for what was going on and only found out a lot of the facts after supporting stanley from 2009.
Seem to recall Matt Busby was considering helping back then, until he heard Bob Lord was involved?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..