Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2016, 22:05   #16

Re: Cowshed build!

He's defo been on the last 2 games, saw him in the Crown after Notts County.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2016, 22:43   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
He's defo been on the last 2 games, saw him in the Crown after Notts County.
That's two bits of good news in one thread - makes a nice change
Old 08-03-2016, 00:12   #18
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

At the moment the away end hold 1500 standing and 300 seats + 300 if required that's the other half of the whinney hill stand. so new stand will hold 1500 all seated so that means 900 standing spaces are been lost with the new stand being open at each end would it not be better to either terrace both sides and increase the capacity, remember average away following for L1 is round the 1500 mark.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:12   #19
Senior Member+

But we arnt in league one?

According to Dave Burgess, they have no date when work will start but hoping for middle of May!
Old 08-03-2016, 07:17   #20
God Member

Why, MAB? Or do you think the average home crowd would be in excess of 3,500 if the miracle of promotion occurred? Right now the ground needs better facilities not more standing room and money will always be tight such that something has to give.
baldy and cashman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:33   #21
Senior Member+

Let's fill the stadium we have now first, Last thing we want or need is building a stadium way to big for our size and ending up like Darlington did!

Much better for atmosphere!
Old 08-03-2016, 07:34   #22
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
But we arnt in league one?
Correct!! So why the need for an extra 900 seats when our average is around the 1500 mk.unless your thinking L1.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:36   #23
mab
God Member

Quote:
Let's fill the stadium we have now first, Last thing we want or need is building a stadium way to big for our size and ending up like Darlington did!

you want it now you don't!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:43   #24
mab
God Member

To me I would like to see a stand like the Clayton end go up on the Whitney hill side but just seats and a roof that's the same hight with TV gantry in the middle and a roof over the away end with what ever you like behind.! Not some think that's totally different like Whats on offer. But hat my opinion.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:00   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its all about opinion, me i.m happy wi whats proposed.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:34   #26
Senior Member+

From the look of the video it looks like we will have to employ a 'Gardener' too!
Seriously though it looks really superb!
The video makes the other three sides and their concourses look good too.
I do hope that Andy is going to address these areas soon as they really need to be tidied, tarmaced etc....Oh, and the toilets need fixing!

Great stuff Andy!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:48   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
At the moment the away end hold 1500 standing and 300 seats + 300 if required that's the other half of the whinney hill stand. so new stand will hold 1500 all seated so that means 900 standing spaces are been lost with the new stand being open at each end would it not be better to either terrace both sides and increase the capacity, remember average away following for L1 is round the 1500 mark.
This new stand is only phase 1 has with any new development things will look strange to people without the full picture of any other changes I think the coppice end will be next and if left has a standing area could well become the home end and maybe the Clayton end could be fully seated I think when finished not just the ground but surrounding areas will be unrecognizable.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:50   #28
God Member

Quote:

this is the best news I,ve heard for a while. really excited about the idea. any comparison to darlo,s 20,000 plus white elephant is totally off the mark. why can,t we stop moaning when there,s something positive on the horizon. I suppose if we get promoted there,ll be people moaning because we wont be playing Stevenage next year.
baldy and Bob Dobson like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:07   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
this is the best news I,ve heard for a while. really excited about the idea. any comparison to darlo,s 20,000 plus white elephant is totally off the mark. why can,t we stop moaning when there,s something positive on the horizon. I suppose if we get promoted there,ll be people moaning because we wont be playing Stevenage next year.
Moaning cos we're not playing Stevenage!! - that'll never happen - not in my lifetime
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:11   #30
Senior Member+

As someone else said, if it ever becomes necessary to increase home capacity, the Clayton End could revert to all standing. There aren't many visiting teams in League 1 or 2 who are likely to bring enough to fill a 1000 terrace and 750 seats (Rovers or Bolton maybe next year? ), but we might just have to make some games all-ticket for visitors (as Mansfield already do for us ).

I too was impressed by the landscaping (but natural cynicism overcame my excitement about that). I haven't seen it mentioned, but I assume the new build will include decent changing rooms?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..