Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2016, 12:20   #31
God Member

Re: Cowshed build!

As and when a planning application is registered with HBC, I for one will be writing in support of it. It's important that as many people do the same as there will inevitably be objections coming from neighbours.
cashman and DAV007 like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2016, 12:45   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
As and when a planning application is registered with HBC, I for one will be writing in support of it. It's important that as many people do the same as there will inevitably be objections coming from neighbours.
if thats likely the club should be asking fans for support?
Old 08-03-2016, 12:49   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
That's for sure, it will mean that they cannot see the games for free from the bedroom windows etc, It might also mean a few less balls in their gardens and conservatories.

P.S. I was under the impression that the planning application had already been submitted for the new stand.
baldy likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 13:07   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
That's for sure, it will mean that they cannot see the games for free from the bedroom windows etc, It might also mean a few less balls in their gardens and conservatories.

P.S. I was under the impression that the planning application had already been submitted for the new stand.
Does submitted mean its registered? after all its HBC.
Old 08-03-2016, 16:43   #35
God Member

I love the way Mr Holt has dealt with the people in the houses getting a free looksy at the games-he's simply bulldozed the surrounding hills. Genius!
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:56   #36
Senior Member+

Residents close to Accrington Stanley's ground ?disgusted? at lack of consultation over new plans (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 10-03-2016, 09:13   #37
God Member

must have been a big shock to the residents of the new build to wake up one morning after they bought their houses to find a nasty evil football ground near their back gardens. if it bothered them in the first place they should have looked elsewhere. as for their little darlings hearing nasty language that could scar them for life I suggest they travel on a school bus or walk past a playground that would probably make coley blush. a load of(sorry I can,t print it here). signed disgusted of Keighley.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:24   #38
Senior Member+

I've checked Cashmans IP Address, It seems it's him who's complained!!
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:55   #39
God Member

Don't, see them moaning when watching for free with the new build they will have this concession taken away sad.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:16   #40
God Member

I'm impressed with the gentleman who's worried about parking issues - he seems to know that we'll have lots more fans coming when we have the brand new stand, maybe he's psychic? At least he's put my mind at rest about us not filling it anyway
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:29   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm impressed with the gentleman who's worried about parking issues - he seems to know that we'll have lots more fans coming when we have the brand new stand, maybe he's psychic? At least he's put my mind at rest about us not filling it anyway
If you and your Mum can promise to curb your language then all the problems will be solved
AccyMad and sherry like this.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:36   #42
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Don't, see them moaning when watching for free with the new build they will have this concession taken away sad.
I hardly think that would be an issue. In a more serious note, We do need every fan we can get, Making comments about anybodies concerns at the building of the new stand needs to be met with serious dialogue from the club. Do we know for certain anybody has lodged an objection or complained to the club?? If so then I think the club should meet with residents who have issues and discuss it with them. We need every body on board as far as possible.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:07   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If you and your Mum can promise to curb your language then all the problems will be solved
I'll have a word with her - she's the real culprit
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:36   #44

Are these the same residents who have knowingly bought houses only a goal-kick away from one of the biggest landfill sites for miles around ?
baldy likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:37   #45

I don't post very often on here as you will see from my profile, but I feel that I may be in a position to offer some valid input into this discussion.
I live on the "New build" at the back of the ground - admittedly not on Epping Avenue which is right next to the Whinney Hill stand, but within 5 minutes walk of the ground.
I feel that any improvement made to the ground will be exactly that - improvements. I would guess that building a larger Whinney Hill Stand would block some of the noise and bad language from the ground and would certainly look better than the back of the cowsheds as they are at the moment.
I do however feel that the club has missed a trick. The occupants of the "New build" should've been consulted about the improvements (if only out of courtesy) and brought on board with the project. As we all know, lack of transparency breeds ill-feeling towards the club.
The parking issue - well, in some respects, as a season-ticket holder - I hope this is a problem. We need more fans drastically, but I hope some allowance will be made for additional parking. Whalley Road was absolutely chocker on Tuesday night, and quite dangerous considering the poor quality of the road surface.
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..