Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2016, 13:55   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Cowshed build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red View Post
I don't post very often on here as you will see from my profile, but I feel that I may be in a position to offer some valid input into this discussion.
I live on the "New build" at the back of the ground - admittedly not on Epping Avenue which is right next to the Whinney Hill stand, but within 5 minutes walk of the ground.
I feel that any improvement made to the ground will be exactly that - improvements. I would guess that building a larger Whinney Hill Stand would block some of the noise and bad language from the ground and would certainly look better than the back of the cowsheds as they are at the moment.
I do however feel that the club has missed a trick. The occupants of the "New build" should've been consulted about the improvements (if only out of courtesy) and brought on board with the project. As we all know, lack of transparency breeds ill-feeling towards the club.
The parking issue - well, in some respects, as a season-ticket holder - I hope this is a problem. We need more fans drastically, but I hope some allowance will be made for additional parking. Whalley Road was absolutely chocker on Tuesday night, and quite dangerous considering the poor quality of the road surface.
I agree the occupants should outa courtesy been spoken too. But as Mr Holt aint increasing the ground capacity, then i fail to see how any complaint can be justified? as you yerself say the stand will actually make things better for residents,so i cant see it being much of a problem? Meself i reckon its a very shrewd move not increasing by our owner.

Last edited by cashman; 10-03-2016 at 13:57. Reason: addition
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2016, 14:03   #47
God Member

There are far more things in Accrington to be disgusted about.
AccyMad, baldy, smudgie and 2 others like this.
Old 10-03-2016, 14:21   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
There are far more things in Accrington to be disgusted about.
Well stop looking in the mirror.
lancsdave likes this.
Old 10-03-2016, 14:32   #49

Noise on Tuesday nights is probably drowning out the commentary of the champions League game they're sat watching.

Meanwhile back in the real world, there's a team trying to put this town on the map playing over their back fence.

Another nonsense of a story from the telegraph - can't see the good news in anything. Probably went round knocking on doors until they found someone who was mildly annoyed at not being consulted, stick the word "disgusting" in the headline and hey presto.

The only thing disgusting is the rag it's printed in - I wouldn't wipe my Arsenal on it.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 15:26   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I've checked Cashmans IP Address, It seems it's him who's complained!!
Well as i have no idea who if anyone has complained, and i doubt very much if the club have any idea how they did, if they did, yet baldy seems to know? I wonder how that could be? still he has little idea how life works,
Old 10-03-2016, 15:50   #51
Senior Member+

I've asked a computer wizz and he says its your IP address!!

But if ya probably to thick to understand that then you best get back to the circus!!
Old 10-03-2016, 16:48   #52

As part of the planning application process any and all interested parties affected by the development should be contacted and given an opportunity to voice their views re the proposed development. Given that previous administrations at Stanley have always said that they planned, when finances and circumstances allowed, to develop the ground it should not have come as too much of a surprise that this is now becoming a distinct possibility.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 17:37   #53
God Member

Not "should", Icarus, but WILL be consulted by the Planning Department.
I'd expect all residents whose properties directly adjoin the Crown perimeter, and possibly more in the surrounding area, will be contacted directly for their comments once the application is registered.
That's why it'll be important that those who support the proposal also send their comments to HBC.
Checked this morning but there was no record of the application having been registered, but if someone knows different, please let everyone know.
What you'll need to do is go to HBC's Planning web page, search for applications with the ref no, and submit your comment.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 19:40   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Not "should", Icarus, but WILL be consulted by the Planning Department.
I'd expect all residents whose properties directly adjoin the Crown perimeter, and possibly more in the surrounding area, will be contacted directly for their comments once the application is registered.
That's why it'll be important that those who support the proposal also send their comments to HBC.
It will be up to the residents to send in their objections, the planning department won't go anywhere

Even if HBC turn down the application it's more than likely the government would overrule it. There's not really anything in the plans that changes from whats there now, apart from stopping somebodies free view of a football match
cashman and smobile like this.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:01   #55
God Member

We may be at cross purposes here, Lancsdave, but, whilst it will be up to neighbours to send comments, the Planning Dept will contact those residents it considers are most likely to be affected by the proposal and explain how and when to make such comments.
Ant objections have to be on valid grounds and, in itself, the loss of a view from private land is not something that planning law takes into account. If you don't want your view to change, buy it.
Having said that, the decisions are made by councillors, who are often more concerned with counting potential votes than the finer points of planning law.
Given the Council's recent expressions of support for the Club I'd hope there would be no political agenda and that the application would be approved a something that brings benefits to the wider community.
Comments in support of a planning application are so rare that, when they are made, local politicians often take note.
I just think it would help to show support in this case.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 18:20   #56
Senior Member+

Andy Holt has tweeted pictures of the back of the Cow Shed with the new drains in place!

Also tomorrow, is decision day on the new 50 year lease!
Old 22-03-2016, 18:56   #57
Full Member+

I thought Andy Holt had seen the council and had got the 50yr lease.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 19:18   #58
God Member

I thought I'd read the lease was sorted too, hope we've got the planning permission for the new stand if work's already started & we're not trying to run before we can walk?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 19:32   #59
Senior Member+

From the article... "This proposal to grant Accrington Stanley a new 50 year commercial lease, which is subject to Cabinet approval on 23rd March."

The work they have been doing up to now is for the drainage and not the actual stand isn't it?
Old 22-03-2016, 19:45   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats the way i understand it baldy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..