Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2016, 20:20   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Cowshed build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
From the article... "This proposal to grant Accrington Stanley a new 50 year commercial lease, which is subject to Cabinet approval on 23rd March."

The work they have been doing up to now is for the drainage and not the actual stand isn't it?
The way I understand it is that they are putting in drainage in preparation for the new stand as well as other issues. So assuming the new stand gets the go ahead and the changing rooms move under the stand, plus the toilets and retail outlets, further drains should not need to be put in. Would like to see planning permission granted before the end of the season and the new structure be in place for the start of season 2016/2017. Think I might move my seat to the Whinney Hill stand when completed.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2016, 20:31   #62
Full Member+

Move into new houses near a football ground then complain about he language? Must be some sort of **** take.

Since when did you need to consult before any plans are drawn, there is no application from what I can see and at very best it is a pre-app stage I would guess.

The club may have been planning to consult before and in addition to chance they will get to make comments when the application has been submitted.

Football Grounds get re-developed, don't get a new house next to one then complain when the inevitable happens.
DAV007 and winstanley asfc like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 20:41   #63
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
The way I understand it is that they are putting in drainage in preparation for the new stand as well as other issues. So assuming the new stand gets the go ahead and the changing rooms move under the stand, plus the toilets and retail outlets, further drains should not need to be put in. Would like to see planning permission granted before the end of the season and the new structure be in place for the start of season 2016/2017. Think I might move my seat to the Whinney Hill stand when completed.
I was listening to Dan on radio lanc's last Wednesday night whie driving over to the match! He said that the clayton end would house the main complex once its been removed and rebuilt after the whinney was rebuilt.
Old 23-03-2016, 10:05   #64
God Member

This isn't a knock against what is being done, plans considered etc, BUT ...

As a Stanley fan we rarely get the chance to get excited about anything so I'd like to see some hype around the propsed developments. How about a formal launch of some description where the full plan is laid out in front of us with a categoric wish list etc. On the back of a promotion push its these sort of things that cement season ticket sales; for new and old fans alike, as it demonstrates the genuine gravitas of where the club is going. New stands dont guarantee league success, look at Morecambe, so make hay while the sun shines please. Thank you
AccyMad and baldy like this.
Old 23-03-2016, 12:48   #65
God Member

Let's hope, after tonight's Cabinet meeting at Hyndburn Council, there's reason to get just a tad more excited about future plans for The Crown.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 13:41   #66

50 year lease has been unanimously passed by all parties according to Andy Holt's twitter account.

Great news
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 14:22   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
50 year lease has been unanimously passed by all parties according to Andy Holt's twitter account.

Great news
just made a bad day good cheers si. lets hope for an announcement from the club pdq. get it on tv should help?

Last edited by cashman; 23-03-2016 at 14:24.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 14:54   #68
God Member

Good news, looks like it's all systems go for the development then Tv Cashy? - maybe bit ambitious - probably make Radio Lancs news though
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 18:31   #69
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
According to the video they created, it comes with people already in it.
When they made that video they must have assumed you were at home to the Shrimps
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 19:11   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
When they made that video they must have assumed you were at home to the Shrimps
You worried there won't be any puddles left for Ellison to try and dive into ?
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 19:30   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
Ah, bless ya - love that you've still got a sense of humour in the face of your adversity
Old 24-03-2016, 10:04   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Good news, looks like it's all systems go for the development then Tv Cashy? - maybe bit ambitious - probably make Radio Lancs news though

Or even the adverts pages in The Telegraph ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 10:14   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Move into new houses near a football ground then complain about he language? Must be some sort of **** take.

Since when did you need to consult before any plans are drawn, there is no application from what I can see and at very best it is a pre-app stage I would guess.

The club may have been planning to consult before and in addition to chance they will get to make comments when the application has been submitted.

Football Grounds get re-developed, don't get a new house next to one then complain when the inevitable happens.
If any of the residents are really struggling to accept the proposed developments at the Wham, I'm quite prepared to swap houses with them if it'd help?
Greeny likes this.

Last edited by AccyMad; 24-03-2016 at 10:14. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 24-03-2016, 10:16   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Or even the adverts pages in The Telegraph ?.
THE Telegraph or the LET? Not had a mention in the local one yet as far as I can see
Old 24-03-2016, 10:55   #75
God Member

I'm sure the editor at the LET is right now thinking of how he/she can turn it into a bad news story...."Investment shock horror crisis at Stanley"?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..