Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2008, 17:02   #61
God Member

Re: Craney Off??

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawzzagod
Would you rather that we didn't build it or have I misread the tone of your post?
Just being facetious. I totally approve of Mr. Whalley's fund raising methods in this instance.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2008, 17:03   #62
Senior Member+

Bob Lord = brief and unhappy association for Accrington Stanley fans.

Eric Whalley = man whose long term commitment has engineered the club's renaissance into the Football League and its continued position there.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 17:04   #63
Senior Member+

we will miss him, he has played well in the last two games! you cnt deny that! i cnt belive you are saying he was a bad player we only played 3 games this season and he played half a season last time! he was a good player great team player! who is going to play in middle now, we will have to build up again, good luck ian

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 17:05   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
i didnt want ian to leave he has played well last couple of games!
And then suddenly he's signed by Huddersfield. Maybe he only put in the effort when he knew he was being scouted? He was poor in the second half of last season, but looked good in the last two games. Coincidence??

I really hope that we can get someone in to replace him, especially going forward. If players like this were easy to come by, then Huddersfield wouldn't have paid out for Craney. Coleman has a job on his hands, but has the rest of the month to get someone in, as long as some of that cash is made available to him (and I know what it says on the website).
Old 18-08-2008, 17:05   #65
God Member

I wasn't going back that far Haggis316. I was referring to the Martin Dobson stand at Dingle HQ.

Old 18-08-2008, 17:07   #66
Senior Member+

in the end though we aint big enough to be a keeping club! we are a selling club like the website says if its right for us and the player the deal will be done! sometimes wish we could be a keeping club thought but we need money

Old 18-08-2008, 17:11   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I wasn't going back that far Haggis316. I was referring to the Martin Dobson stand at Dingle HQ.
What an idiotic statement!!! whats that got to do with stanley????

The amount of dingle bashing thats being plagued on STANLEY forum lately we may as well rename the darn thing dingle v barsteward bash.............Hello stanley forum stanley related if not take it to gen footy or better still venge your own rivalries on your own footy forum!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 17:19   #68
Senior Member+

Whenever there is a "feelgood feeling" about our performances as at Wolves I have a distinct feeling that one or two star performers will be sought after. I had the same feeling in 2006 after Torquay away.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 18-08-2008, 17:26   #69
Senior Member+

do you people watch the same game?

I would rather have 1 ian craney over 10 andy proctors.

For all his effort, proctor looks destined to be a league 2 player. Ian Craney oozes class at this level and when he is given the freedom he was to good for league 2.

Last year he suffered from being paul mullins strike partner.

Its a massive loss, but it makes sense for the club.

Hopefully we can get a kid or 2 with potential to come in.
We will certainly need a ball player with a good engine.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 17:29   #70

All in all if this is the figure paid you couldnt turn it down!!

Huddersfield Town - Ian Craney Signs for Huddersfield
jiffy bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 17:29   #71
Loz

Sorry must have been mistaken about seeing him!
Old 18-08-2008, 17:36   #72
Senior Member+

you might off seen him he might of gone the ground for the final goodbyes and things than gone petrol station than drove the huddlesfield for the medical

Old 18-08-2008, 17:39   #73
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
you might off seen him he might of gone the ground for the final goodbyes and things than gone petrol station than drove the huddlesfield for the medical
Fair enough,could have been that!
Was certain it was him!
Old 18-08-2008, 17:48   #74
Senior Member+

He has at least one look a like. I work with one.

Old 18-08-2008, 18:04   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad
The amount of dingle bashing thats being plagued on STANLEY forum lately we may as well rename the darn thing dingle v barsteward bash.............Hello stanley forum stanley related if not take it to gen footy or better still venge your own rivalries on your own footy forum!
What a load of undiluted drivel. I was, of course, alluding to the similarities in fund raising methods to pay for extensions to the clubs premises. Get it now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..