Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2017, 14:01   #1

Crawley!

Big Ben benched again. Most strange.
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2017, 15:46   #2

Re: Crawley!

0-3
Old 23-12-2017, 15:57   #3
Senior Member+

As it stands this is a chuffin car crash!
Old 23-12-2017, 16:55   #4
God Member

%^$#!&^%$#!!!..those gringey *******s have come 2 days early.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 16:56   #5
God Member

I hate life.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 17:13   #6

Dear John, before I decide whether to go to Carlisle, please can you tell me which team is playing? The first half team, or the second?
Old 23-12-2017, 17:26   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Diabolical performance, the Crawley wingers were given freedom of the pitch, the whole team were Abysmal first 45 mins. we got a penalty end of the half and from Clayton End looked very fortunate to be converted.still suppose that and a bollocking inspired us for the second 45, plus the subs, we got exactly what we deserved imho. we are good enough to go up, but NOT consistent enough to do so.
Old 23-12-2017, 17:49   #8

Not consistent because we don't consistently play our best team/formation?

Richards-Everton is our best player, Wilks a handful.

One of the most frustrating things was that McConville may have just as well as sat on the wall at the side first half. Clark only ever got the ball with his back to the play. That formation just doesn't work.
yonmon and Lord Stiffupperlip like this.
Old 23-12-2017, 18:05   #9
Senior Member+

Am I wrong in thinking that today's , and previous defeats, might just be due to the fact that the coaches of opposing teams seem to have realised that if their team are set out to bully the Reds then there is every chance of scoring against us and consequently taking the points ?..
Another plethora of yellow cards for Crawley this afternoon seems to point to this unattractive yet successful strategy of beating our team.

Or could it be that on the day they were merely better than us in midfield and on the wings ?.

Hope that Winston's words...." Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning "... dont apply !.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY !

ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !
AccyMad likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 18:39   #10

I understand that had Stanley won, the Sports bar intended to sell all draught beer for £1 a pint.
Was this the reason the team decided to throw this game?
Why else would Jordan Clarke tap the ball gently into our own net, when under no real pressure.
Why else would our best defender be left on the bench?
Friends, I suspect a conspiracy to avoid giving us fans some Christmas cheer.
Instead, we decided to give Crawley an early Christmas present - gift wrapped & presented on a silver platter.
The handfull of Crawley fans must have thought they were playing a team of red-clad Santa's after going 3-0 up after 41 minutes.
Our defence was shambolic - due largely to the imbalance of putting the Don at left back in the first half.
After Big Ben took over & the Don moved back into his normal slot, things improved.
They improved even more when Big Ben showed our misfiring forwards how to put the ball in the opponents net.
Our midfield were absent-without-leave in the first half, and Crawley took full advantage. No one will convince me that Johnson is a better player than Nolan.
As for our forwards, they were completely innefective (again!) Had it not been for a lucky penalty & a full-backs goal it would have been humiliating.
In simple terms, the best team won today. They were quicker & more skilful & made us look third-rate for long periods.
There can be no excuses, we got what we deserved - sweet f.a!
And worse. No cheap beer!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 19:33   #11
Senior Member+

Something odd here, no-one's blamed the ref yet ......
AccyMad, Kiwi John, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Old 23-12-2017, 19:50   #12
Full Member+

I have watched coley's post match report. He says the first half was his fault as he picked players and played some out of position? why we have enough on the bench to rotate. I have noticed a consistent lack ock of players who last season were pretty good. Johny Edwards is a brilliant striker but can't even get on the bench, Hayden Jackson has lost his scoring form yet is picked every match even when injured and shouldn't have played but Coley insisted on playing him. Billy needs to enter some diving competitions he was embarrassing at times again. We had better players on the bench today that could have done a better job. Ben Richards Everton on the bench. WTF is that about. When we need these players they are rusty and need a run of games to get the fitness level back up. The don had a nightmare first half. I am afraid Coley and Jimmy have to take the criticism for this embarrassment. If we are to go up this season then teams like Crawley, Lincoln, Guiseley. shouldn't be getting anywhere near us. Even when we cursed with a bad ref in these games we should be playing them off the park. I accept we have no right to win any game and I don't expect that. But to say crawley were better than us in the first half. NO They were not, we allowed them to walk all over us. I will say this, There has not been to the wham this season that were better than us when we are firing on all cylinders. This is 4 games lost but like Coley says we could easily win 4 on the spin. If we put any more performances like that out then We are going nowhere, Sorry but that is the truth. Wilks has not done much either, Rumours are that Everton have put a big bid in for him. He is a leeds player. Good luck to him if he does go.
cashman likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 19:52   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Something odd here, no-one's blamed the ref yet ......
To be fair the ref had a decent game all round.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 19:56   #14
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Not consistent because we don't consistently play our best team/formation?

Richards-Everton is our best player, Wilks a handful.

One of the most frustrating things was that McConville may have just as well as sat on the wall at the side first half. Clark only ever got the ball with his back to the play. That formation just doesn't work.
You forgot to mention HAIRCUT dancing around in midfield like a fairy.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 19:57   #15
Senior Member+

Edwards has gone mate.
Thornily out for a few weeks he will be back to Sheffield shortly.
Wilks back to Leeds
Rawson not good enough.
Conneely not looking good might be another few weeks out.
Johnson ?
A big season defining January ahead.
Over to you Coley because today for the first time I blame you - crap tactics crap formation and crap selection of players in wrong positions.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..