Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2017, 12:33   #16
God Member

Re: Crawley - a must win game at the Theatre of Wham

Agree absolutely Cashy, we can't do any more than carry on our run & if we do that but other results don't quite go how we'd like we can have no complaints - we can't influence what the others do so no use worrying about them
KiTChener and cashman like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2017, 12:34   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
looks like you want to upset the very friendly Stevenage fans cashy
Who doesn't?
Old 17-04-2017, 13:02   #18
I am Banned

ASFC: Rodak, Donacien, Hughes, Beckles, Rodgers, McConville, Conneely, Pearson, Clark, McCartan, Kee v @crawleytown
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 13:02   #19
I am Banned

ASFC subs: Husin, Gornell, Boco, Edwards, Shaw, Brown, Chapman v @crawleytown
Old 17-04-2017, 13:07   #20

Unchanged team.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 13:24   #21

Anyone witnessed the big telly yet?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 15:08   #22

McCarten goal 1-0 second half 1652 fans
Old 17-04-2017, 15:56   #23
I am Banned

That's it full time, 15 unbeaten
Old 17-04-2017, 16:30   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We will have to play much better than today to win our last 3 games, imho. our distribution was far from good overall.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 17-04-2017, 16:57   #25
I am Banned

Plymouth and the snakes both promoted today
Old 17-04-2017, 17:18   #26

Hard battled 3 points. We tried to play out from back to drew Crawley out but as a fan it did feel abit harem scarem! This may have helped billy kee though as he had abit more space and was a far more effective player than of late(holding up and winning lots of ball). Mccartain and mcconville combined for another moment of magic to win us the game. Matty Pearson was everywhere. Although the defences passing left something to be desired they defended stoutly. Although not the best performance (atmosphere was not as vocal as usual on the Clayton end), the important thing was to grind out the win which we did. As a fan i wanted to sub Clark and just change things up a bit but coley probably knows best!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
AccyMad likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 17:31   #27

Seemed like a very nervy performance and we can expect more of the same. If we aren't in the play off places at the end of next week then I don't think we will be at the end of the season. We never seem to have the mental strength when the chips are down especially against Stevenage. I hope I'm wrong as I'll never hear the end of it for another season
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 17:33   #28

Never have I been more relieved to hear the final whistle than today.
Considering the prize dangling within our grasp, I expected the team to come out with all guns blazing.
Instead it was a nervous, disjointed display, especially in the first half when we presented the ball to Crawley in our own penalty box too many times.
They had two gilt-plated opportunities in front of goal in the first half and, thankfully, managed to fluff both
The team appeared somehow unbalanced. Even following Shay saving our bacon in the 48th minute, we were on the back foot for large parts of the game.
I'm Matty Pearson's biggest fan, but he's wasted in midfield, especially when we have young Husin warming the bench, who IMHO is quicker and more creative in that role.
Once again, our opponents used three subs which seemed to improve things for them. Even in the last twenty minutes, when we were crying out for fresh legs, our manager remained impassive to change.
This was frustrating as there were certain players who's performance could best be described as inept.
I would have replaced Conneely (poor) with Husin, McConville (worse) with Boco and Kee, who got fouled & manhandled all-game, with the livelier & quicker Edwards, if only for 15 minutes.
Other results largely went our way & we find ourselves a mere 2 points from seventh spot.
If we can put in such a poor performance & still win, I'm starting to believe anything is possible.
Disappointed with the new much vaunted electric scoreboard, which was basically little more than a glorified clock.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 17:37   #29
God Member

Well it was by no means pretty but 3 points is 3 points - I thought our lads looked jaded today & were crying out for subs to freshen things up but didn't see any of ours even warming up - except for Brayden Shaw early in first half
I can understand not wanting to change things round when we're on such a run but the lads did look tired today imho
Old 17-04-2017, 17:42   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Never have I been more relieved to hear the final whistle than today.
Considering the prize dangling within our grasp, I expected the team to come out with all guns blazing.
Instead it was a nervous, disjointed display, especially in the first half when we presented the ball to Crawley in our own penalty box too many times.
They had two gilt-plated opportunities in front of goal in the first half and, thankfully, managed to fluff both
The team appeared somehow unbalanced. Even following Shay saving our bacon in the 48th minute, we were on the back foot for large parts of the game.
I'm Matty Pearson's biggest fan, but he's wasted in midfield, especially when we have young Husin warming the bench, who IMHO is quicker and more creative in that role.
Once again, our opponents used three subs which seemed to improve things for them. Even in the last twenty minutes, when we were crying out for fresh legs, our manager remained impassive to change.
This was frustrating as there were certain players who's performance could best be described as inept.
I would have replaced Conneely (poor) with Husin, McConville (worse) with Boco and Kee, who got fouled & manhandled all-game, with the livelier & quicker Edwards, if only for 15 minutes.
Other results largely went our way & we find ourselves a mere 2 points from seventh spot.
If we can put in such a poor performance & still win, I'm starting to believe anything is possible.
Disappointed with the new much vaunted electric scoreboard, which was basically little more than a glorified clock.
Well put Lord - I'm over the moon with the 3 points but I thought messers Clark and Connelly were very poor today perhaps they are tired
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..