Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2017, 17:44   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Crawley - a must win game at the Theatre of Wham

Bit worried today after the effort given against Blackpool,so clean sheet/three points will do nicely and we move on KTF
chevyfire likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2017, 17:55   #32
I am Banned

Today the lads were tired 2 games in 4 days what else can you expect course they're not going to put plenty of effort in when they've non left to give cus they're knackered, afew days rest and in to the next one where they can put 100% in
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 18:01   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Today the lads were tired 2 games in 4 days what else can you expect course they're not going to put plenty of effort in when they've non left to give cus they're knackered, afew days rest and in to the next one where they can put 100% in
True enough! But surely even more reason to make better use of fresh unused subs. We've got some real quality players on our bench who never get a look in.
The 2 games in 4 days didn't seem to affect Crawley much.
cashman and Chrisr like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 18:03   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
True enough! But surely even more reason to make better use of fresh unused subs. We've got some real quality players on our bench who never get a look in.
The 2 games in 4 days didn't seem to affect Crawley much.
It's coley he won't use a sub unless a players injured or it's the 85th minute
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 18:05   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
It's coley he won't use a sub unless a players injured or it's the 85th minute
Which to me is pathetic by any standards.
Old 17-04-2017, 18:25   #36
God Member

Winning ugly is a mark of a top team. Well done Stanley.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 18:27   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Winning ugly is a mark of a top team. Well done Stanley.
it certainly is, and knowing when to employ subs, is the mark of a top manager,
Kiwi John and monkey hanger like this.
Old 17-04-2017, 18:34   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Well put Lord - I'm over the moon with the 3 points but I thought messers Clark and Connelly were very poor today perhaps they are tired
It's Conneely ........
Poor all round today but 3 points on the board.
9 points minimum requirement. Still a big big ask .......
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 18:42   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It's Conneely ........
Poor all round today but 3 points on the board.
9 points minimum requirement. Still a big big ask .......
Twenty Eight are you saying it's him who was dogger or that I misspelled his name? 9 points is a big ask but we can do it and they who dare....
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 18:44   #40
Senior Member+

Always tricky that one Cashy.
Once we went 1-0 up ,there's no need to "freshen" it up,more keep what you have !!,
When we are chasing the game,that's a different matter,especially if we're not creating much
baldy and Alvin the chipmunk like this.
Old 17-04-2017, 18:53   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Once we went 1-0 up ,there's no need to "freshen" it up,more keep what you have !!,
When we are chasing the game,that's a different matter,especially if we're not creating much
There's only Husin I would have considered from the bench today to replace either Clark or CONNEELY (??), Edwards just hasn't cut the mustard when given his chance and Billy does such a vital job up front - shoes too big to fill
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 18:56   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Would have subbed our Captain to be honest was absolutely not at the races today. more of a liability i thought.
Old 17-04-2017, 19:20   #43
Senior Member+

Can't comment on game as I wasn't there,but I would suspect he did his defensive duties as we didn't concede again !!
I must confess tho,one of the reasons we have had a decent run is going two up front (which Cashy was screaming for!), I wasn't sure as the system we had was successful for a few years,but it goes to show,evaluate your squad,then choose the system that suits them !!!
cashman likes this.
Old 17-04-2017, 20:11   #44

Well I was very pleased. That defence of ours is finally proving too good to not get us promoted. We have a confidence and ability to win when not playing well.
I thought Matty P did pretty well and didn't think there was much point changing things after we scored since Crawley carried little threat.

The big telly was top. I liked the old piccies at half time although displaying the skipper as no 27 was a schoolboy error.

Not much singing today. There was a stifled chant of "do you take it up the ass Accyweb" which was quite amusing.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 20:14   #45
Full Member+

We were tired and jaded today and we got away with it. Crawley were sharper and their passing was more accurate than ours. We managed to grab a goal and hang on for dear life and it worked. I am a little critical of the failure to use the subs more often. The lad Edwards is a great prospect and has done well for the short spells he gets on the pitch. Husin is a good player and will get much better with a bit more experience under his belt. There are some good options on the bench that could have kept a grip on the game. But well done as we got three points more. A bg ask ahead of us but who knows. We have to be proud of the achievement of 14 games unbeaten so far. At Christmas I was one who was getting worried about our league status. But that is gone I just hope we can scrape through to the play off's. We can dare to dream.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..