Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2017, 20:17   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Crawley - a must win game at the Theatre of Wham

[youtube]https://
Lord Love Rocket likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2017, 21:02   #47

I think we have to accept that if Matty is in midfield then we are going to pose less threat down the wings. Not enough creativity and good passing to bring our wide men into play.

Not sure I could stand a full season like that but happy enough to keep this formation for the last three games if it means we win them.

Coley was right about the pitch. Hard and bobbly it was. Amusing to watch the belated attempts at half time to water it - drenching the poor kids playing 5-a-side.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 21:18   #48

Ps, the booking of Hughes looked like one of the dumbest decisions I've seen in ages. apart from that, a decent game from the officials.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 22:41   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Ps, the booking of Hughes looked like one of the dumbest decisions I've seen in ages. apart from that, a decent game from the officials.
Twasnt even a hand ball dids
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 23:08   #50

At 3.00pm today!
Unbeaten run of 13 games!
Within striking distance of the play-offs!
Bank Holiday Monday!
Weather perfect!
Reduced gate prices!
Stanley attendance - under 1600!
PATHETIC!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 23:43   #51

Sorry, should have read -
Unbeaten run of 14 games!
Even more PATHETIC!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-04-2017, 07:03   #52
God Member

No use saying that on here, you're preaching to the converted.
Problem is, the greater population who watch for our results & might even pop along to an odd game aren't likely to be as excited as we are about an unbeaten run, brilliant as it is - if we were in top few & odds on to get promoted then we'd probably have seen more bodies at the Crown yesterday.
Yes, the weather was good but again, people who don't come regularly would probably rather make the most of the sunshine elsewhere.
And reduced prices, yes great it was a fiver cheaper but was that fact made known publicly enough? It was on the fishy site of course but again, unless you were thinking of coming anyway it's not likely many would check on there - not sure if it was in the Observer but it should have been, also broadcast on Radio Lancs & flyers given out in town.
There did seem to be a few new faces around us in the stand but on the other hand a few regulars were missing, maybe away for Easter - who knows?
The fact is, a 1600 odd crowd with only 50 from Crawley was actually not a bad gate for us - not great but about what we expect at the moment
Lord Didsbury likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 07:05   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i thought the gate was a slight improvement, given only a mini came from Crawley.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 18-04-2017, 07:21   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Well I was very pleased. That defence of ours is finally proving too good to not get us promoted. We have a confidence and ability to win when not playing well.
I thought Matty P did pretty well and didn't think there was much point changing things after we scored since Crawley carried little threat.

The big telly was top. I liked the old piccies at half time although displaying the skipper as no 27 was a schoolboy error.

Not much singing today. There was a stifled chant of "do you take it up the ass Accyweb" which was quite amusing.
And spelling Clark with an e on the end.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 07:25   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
And spelling Clark with an e on the end.
You should make an official complaint Mr Clark snr
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 08:25   #56
God Member

[QUOTE=
Reduced gate prices!

didn,t know they were reduced. go every week so how do you expect people who don,t know of the offer. doubt they read fishy unless they,re regulars.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 08:31   #57
God Member

[QUOTE=Chrisr;1192554]We were tired and jaded today and we got away with it. Crawley were sharper and their passing was more accurate than ours. We managed to grab a goal and hang on for dear life and it worked. I am a little critical of the failure to use the subs more often.

said before the game we need to use our squad better especially the use of subs. a few of our lads were running on empty near the end of the game and like for like substitutions should have been made. they used all 3 and looked more dangerous after it. might be a new efl directive that only away clubs are allowed to make em.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 09:52   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i thought the gate was a slight improvement, given only a mini came from Crawley.
Cashy, my earlier post referred only to our own fan base, I ignored the Crawley attendance - although it's a poor do when we have to rely on the opposition to boost our gate.
Chester, languishing in the lower reaches of the National League & with a similar population to Hyndburn, played Woking yesterday - a southern team below them in the league - attendance 1770!
I find it pathetic that, even with the combination of factors I stated earlier, we can't even scrape a 2000 gate with 3 games left & on the brink of a play-off spot.
Makes you wonder if we'd get any more fans even if we did get promotion?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-04-2017, 11:26   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Cashy, my earlier post referred only to our own fan base, I ignored the Crawley attendance - although it's a poor do when we have to rely on the opposition to boost our gate.
Chester, languishing in the lower reaches of the National League & with a similar population to Hyndburn, played Woking yesterday - a southern team below them in the league - attendance 1770!
I find it pathetic that, even with the combination of factors I stated earlier, we can't even scrape a 2000 gate with 3 games left & on the brink of a play-off spot.
Makes you wonder if we'd get any more fans even if we did get promotion?
Any non regular with 1 brain cell, must know our chances of a playoff spot are remote at very best.
Old 18-04-2017, 14:14   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
You should make an official complaint Mr Clark snr
You cant't give it up can you ?
First I'm Jon ( Clark's father is called Ian by the way) now I'm Clark's dad but I'm not called Ian.

Shake your head lettuce lover.
cashman, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..