Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2018, 12:50   #46
Full Member+

Re: Crawley away

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Horrible weather on the day, made worse by the 25 minute walk from the station.

Though Donacien was awful, his passing was woeful and his decision making was a good few seconds slower than the other players on the pitch.

Likewise, billy kee was poor and should have been taken off.

i am still not convinced by Brown, especially when he plays alongside Nolan

Mcconville did nothing of note, but they did constantly double up on him.

Jackson and Richards-Everton played well,
Looking at this player assessment then reading the Lancs Telgh player assessment, I think you have been to two different games
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2018, 14:08   #47
Senior Member+

well donacien was by far away stanleys worst player with the ball

takes forever to make a decision.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 18:47   #48
God Member

We all have our opinions, Davo, but I didn't particularly notice that Donacien was any worse or better than any other Stanley player. He was playing left-back, which doesn't appear to be his natural side, and if there's no-one in space to receive his pass.......he might have to think twice.
Professor Coleman has long had a blind spot over natural left-footed players, and doesn't always play the ones he has or had. At the moment he has two right-footers operating down the left wing.
I'm also not sure Billy played that badly. What I noticed about his performance was that he invariably was able to control the ball immediately when he received it. A few others didn't seem to have that close control, and their first touch took the ball away from them, not helped by a very slick pitch.
Agree with your other observations, though. Also thought young Mr. Johnson did well and saw a lot of the ball before he was subbed.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 19:20   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We have been complaining from a good few matches now, about our "so called bosses" continually playing the Don, on the wrong side!! for us hes one of our better players, when played in his right side, if he dont perform well the blame to me certainly does not lie at his door.
Old 29-01-2018, 21:09   #50
Senior Member+

And it shouldn't go unnoticed that when he does switch to the right the service to Clark improves.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..