Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2018, 06:45   #1
Senior Member+

Crawley away

Can you pay on the gate?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2018, 07:32   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Crawley away

We'll check; imagine so as we're hardly going to sell what they've sent us!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 19:01   #3

just stumbled across a travel news item that says re-surfacing work closes the M23 between J10 (Crawley) and J9 (Gatwick) for the next 4 weekends. Only northbound is specified so far but worth keeping an eye for those driving to the game. Now where did I put that old road atlas - - - -
DAV007 likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 04:18   #4
Senior Member+

Crawley seem to have improved over the past 2 months, Harry Kewell saying his ideas and plans in training are finally coming to fruition
Old 24-01-2018, 14:21   #5
Senior Member+

do we know if its pay on the gate?
Old 24-01-2018, 16:22   #6
God Member

I'm not sure they take cash at the turnstile but I don't recall ever having any trouble buying tickets from their ticket office before the game at Crawley.

Further to LongLost's post, I understand the closure of the M23 applies only to the northbound carriageway between Jcts 10 and 9.
To drive to the ground it's best to come off the M23 at Jct 11, then head back to Crawley on the A23 for a mile.
Afterwards, if driving north, the official diversion should take you towards the A22 to join the M25 at Jct 6. Alternatively, from the ground you could follow the A23 around Crawley towards Gatwick, then follow A217 to Reigate and onto Jct 8 on the M25.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 09:24   #7
God Member

set off early and take an atlas. it works for me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 10:03   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Can you pay on the gate?
Yes via the "ticket cabin" cash only.

According to the official information that's been sent. No mention of a change in price on the day either.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 11:57   #9
Senior Member+

thanks Mr.T

I hope cashman will be at the game, the worlds greatest Stanley fan
Old 25-01-2018, 23:01   #10
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Be Rude not to use this as the match thread so here goes . Man in the Middle Gavin Ward The Surrey-based official has taken charge of 30 games across the EFL and it's associated competitions so far this season, issuing 81 yellow cards and four reds. assisted by Steve Brown and Grant Taylor. The fourth official is Ben Cobb.
Old 26-01-2018, 08:05   #11
God Member

According to the official information that's been sent. No mention of a change in price on the day either.[/QUOTE]

if the above is correct a good move by them. i,m one who decides to go to an away match at the last minuit and not a week before so have never known why you have to pay extra due to this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 11:52   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Reckon tomorrow will be another cracker, Kewell has got them motoring a bit, so expect a real tough 90 mins.
Old 26-01-2018, 19:23   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Yes via the "ticket cabin" cash only.

According to the official information that's been sent. No mention of a change in price on the day either.
https://www.crawleytownfc.com/club/visiting-us/

Most of the relative info should be on the link. It isn't quite pay on the gate - you just have to buy the ticket from the ticket office before you go through the gate.

If you like your ale the Brewery Shades is the only pub in town that does a decent pint (I'll be having my pre-match ales in Horsham meself).

I'll be there but flamin' typical Ossie can't make it -got some kind of gumboil that means he can't watch footy. Well it's his loss.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 13:09   #14
God Member

Team unchanged from last week - best of luck lads
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 13:40   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Can't argue with that, great team performance last sat. Blackpools match off today waterlogged, hope Somerset dont see that. lol
mab likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 27-01-2018 at 13:43.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..