Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2016, 21:54   #16
God Member

Re: Crawley match thread

Definitely a game of two halves - we started well in first half but then seemed to go off the boil a bit & thought game was gonna fizzle out, how wrong could I be?!
The ref - what can I say, he never had much control over proceedings but completely lost it during & after 'Shaygate' - inept wasn't in it!
How on earth Crawley's no. 21, Tomlin stayed on the pitch I'll never know - feel a little sorry for Mooney, yes i know he shouldn't have gone on the pitch but can quite understand why he did - to see a teammate being punched like that would make the red mist descend & he didn't go on to join in the fray but was trying to separate those who were involved.
At the end of the day though Stanley were good value for the three points, something that some Crawley fans in the Crown afterwards agreed with - just hope we can build on the result on Tuesday, bring 'em on
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2016, 22:58   #17
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Sorry, but I thought he played a big part in our second half dominance. After a first half where none of our lot broke out of their sideways passing rut he went for goal determinedly and forced the keeper into spelling the shot to Billy for his goal. After that he looked dangerous to me with his forward runs and harrying of their defence into chasing their tails as we attacked with a vengeance.
I was not suggesting Matt played badly second half. first half none of them were at the races in real terms. I have to suggest the man of the match for me was Brad Halliday. Brilliant playmaker.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 05:49   #18
Senior Member+

a game of two half's, in the first half the Ref allowed Crawley a free hand with their bulling tactics with many fouls going unpunished, indeed not a card was shown until after Billy equalizer, the fist yellow was for Ashton's for a late challenge on Shay 5 mins later Shay made a late challenge on Ashton and all hell breaks loose red cards for Shay (Jason for pitch invasion silly boy) & (Walton who I presume was mistakenly identified for Tomlin) the outcome was Crawley lost a king pin in their defence and we lost Shay who had been largely ineffective in the game after that the game swung totaly in Stanleys favour with three goal coming from Pearson Connelly & Mingoia
monkey hanger likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 08:15   #19
God Member

first half totally forgettable. second half to be remembered for a long time. referee not helped by is assistants. the main stand mcdonalds lover seemed more interested in his next happy meal until the handbags came out. how Jason got a red is beyond me. ran on the pitch, had a few words with the thug Walton and then ran off. I watched the incident all the way. a yellow for entering the field of play without permission for me. would be interested to see the refs sending off report. must play for 90 mins. against Carlisle though. who will play in place of shay on Tuesday. any suggestions.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 08:25   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
who will play in place of shay on Tuesday. any suggestions.
Crooks will be a bigger miss for the next 2 games.
baldy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-02-2016, 09:28   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Crooks will be a bigger miss for the next 2 games.
find it hard to believe Crooks with 10 yellows & Nicky Hunt only 7
Old 14-02-2016, 12:22   #22
Full Member+

Coley makes a good point in his after match interview, Jason gets a red card for going on the pitch, yet The Crawley subs also went on and got involved but did not get a card. I think these officials should be retired. It is not an easy job but for these the time has come.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 14:02   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Coley makes a good point in his after match interview, Jason gets a red card for going on the pitch, yet The Crawley subs also went on and got involved but did not get a card. I think these officials should be retired. It is not an easy job but for these the time has come.
yeah but com-on chris even an inept referee cant forget the statue of our gentle giant
Chrisr likes this.
Old 14-02-2016, 14:40   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
yeah but com-on chris even an inept referee cant forget the statue of our gentle giant
I don't think the referee would have done anything if the 4th official hadn't called him over
baldy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-02-2016, 06:19   #25
Senior Member+

Anyone know what Shay got sent off for because the referee wasn't even going to stop the game if the fracas hadn't have happened never mind send him off for the late challenge!
choirboy likes this.
Old 15-02-2016, 09:01   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Anyone know what Shay got sent off for because the referee wasn't even going to stop the game if the fracas hadn't have happened never mind send him off for the late challenge!
too far away for me to see the challenge. if sshay had been protected earlier as billy kee should have been it probably wouldn,t have happened. the off the ball stuff started early on against billy and only a few mins earlier shay had been taken out late with no punishment for the offender. not an easy job to referee as I know especially when one side do not want to play. a couple of cards earlier might have sorted things out. a horrible side who in the end got what they diserved but we ,ve lost two with suspensions due to this.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2016, 10:22   #27
Full Member+

I don't know about one side not wanting to play, Crawley outplayed us in the first half by a fair margin. The second was made easy for us after some diabolical decisions by all four officials the major one for us being the sending off of their best defender who didn't seem to do anything except calm the players down.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2016, 10:45   #28
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
the sending off of their best defender who didn't seem to do anything except calm the players down.
The Crawley #4 who got sent off appeared to give Shay a bit of a kick on the floor. Was more surprised their #21 didn't get a red to be honest as he was the main guy smacking Shay in the face.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2016, 12:37   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
I don't know about one side not wanting to play, Crawley outplayed us in the first half by a fair margin.
I must have been watching a very different game. I thought that we played some reasonable football in the first half but without ever threatening to score. Crawley scored in what was their first real attacking move.

However .....

I am worried about the aftermath of the fracas. I suspect that Stanley (and Crawley) will be charged with failing to keep control of their players. That would be a total injustice. It was the referee who failed to keep control. Instead of relying totally on the referee's report, which seems to hold almost biblical status, maybe the FA panel should look at the video evidence - as they do in other disciplinary cases. The video would show exactly what each player did or did not do. And what the inept officials did or did not do.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2016, 13:25   #30
God Member

We're appealing Mooney's red card, seems fourth official & ref said that Jason had grabbed someone by the throat??? Hopefully when they look at the footage which will show he did no such thing, it will also show what certain Crawley players did do - pity they can't be issued with a retrospective red card for their shenanigans
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..