Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2016, 16:13   #31
God Member

Re: Crawley match thread

Mooney's appeal successful!! Get in -
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2016, 16:27   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats good, shame they dont punish the ref.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-02-2016, 17:41   #33
Senior Member+

there are some good picture of the rumpus on kipax.com
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2016, 17:43   #34
God Member

Their number 4 did indeed kick Shay whilst on he was on the floor. Kipax has photos up on facebook that show him nowhere near the incident, then approach, then legs bent, then he ended up on the floor as well.
Old 15-02-2016, 17:50   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Their number 4 did indeed kick Shay whilst on he was on the floor. Kipax has photos up on facebook that show him nowhere near the incident, then approach, then legs bent, then he ended up on the floor as well.
And yet Crawley have lodged an appeal against his red card, don't know how they have the brass neck????
Old 15-02-2016, 18:09   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Anyone know what Shay got sent off for because the referee wasn't even going to stop the game if the fracas hadn't have happened never mind send him off for the late challenge!
Fully agree with your astute observation Baldy. I watched the Sky sports coverage last night, which is a bit longer than the Channel 5 shows coverage. Neither the referee or his assistant gave a foul. The coverage shows the Ref turning away to run up the pitch. It was only when the Crawley players waded in that he blew his whistle!
When two players going for the same loose ball but are approaching at right angles to each other then it is highly likely that whoever gets to the ball first will be contacted by the other player. Had Shay got to the ball first then he would have got the Crawley players boot on top of his foot! For me it was not a malicious foul by Shay but a mistimed tackle and should have merited nothing more than a yellow card.
The Crawley players over reaction caused the rumpus which ironically allowed us to get the upper hand by exploiting the space freed up in midfield!
Just seen on another post that Mooney's red card has been rescinded....... Agreement by the FA officials that the Ref was indeed a 'Numpty'!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 08:45   #37
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1161191]We're appealing Mooney's red card, seems fourth official & ref said that Jason had grabbed someone by the throat???

how about a three match ban for the above pair. if their eyesight or judgement is that bad then a rest for them is needed. problem is nothing will be done as the up and coming officials are far worse. pop down to a non league game if you get the chance to see what we,ll be getting in a few years time its quite frightening. we have a couple of assesors at my local referees society and they agree with me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 10:08   #38
Senior Member+

Having looked at Kipax's photos, there is no doubt that retrospective action should be taken against at least two other Crawley players, notably their no. 25 who (foolishly) wanted a war with Matt Crooks throughout the game.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 14:27   #39
Resting in Peace

It is one of Coley's more endearing habits that he always gives the opposition more credit than they often deserve in his post match comments. I wish he hadn't done so this time as Mark Yates's lying remarks on the game are a disgrace. He is lucky that Shane isn't sueing his players for mass assault and eye gouging.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 15:17   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
there are some good picture of the rumpus on kipax.com

Disgraceful pics, I hope that they may be used to take retrospective action against certain individuals, including the officials !!!

Well done, Kipax, I think your photos, being closer to the action than videos, shows just how intent on trouble the Crawley players were, including their subs !
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 15:43   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The club should send those pics to the relevant authority, in my view.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 16-02-2016, 15:49   #42
God Member

Lancashire Constabulary !?!
KiTChener likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 16:02   #43
Senior Member+

Crawley appealed their mans sending off and been turned down!
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
Old 16-02-2016, 16:11   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Then that tells me with letting Mooney off, they are aware were the real blame lies? think stanley should take this further,
AccyMad likes this.
Old 16-02-2016, 16:23   #45
God Member

Quote:
And rightly so, thought at first he was an innocent party & had been a case of mistaken identity but as Kipax's photos show that wasn't the case at all so I suppose the ref at least got one thing right!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..