Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2016, 14:48   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Crawley smash and grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Don't know Cashy, seems like the twitter feed has taken it's place - to be fair we probably don't have enough personnel to run both - seems I'm gonna have to drag myself into this century
I thought it was a much better coverage on the fishy site. twitter is crap in my view
Old 22-10-2016, 14:50   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

0-0 Half Time.
Old 22-10-2016, 15:01   #18

We're doing OK, trying to keep it on the deck, the better team. Just hasn't fallen quite right up front yet. Been caught on the break a couple of times, two tidy saves from Elliot, but apart from that they haven't threatened much. Not a bad game, Stanley trying to keep on the front foot and play at a good tempo. First goal, if it comes, will be crucial I think.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 15:57   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Don't know Cashy, seems like the twitter feed has taken it's place - to be fair we probably don't have enough personnel to run both - seems I'm gonna have to drag myself into this century
Been following text from Dan all afternoon Di !.... BBC have been up to date as well..for once !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 15:59   #20
God Member

Any away point's always welcome I suppose, sounded a close game - guess a repeat of last year's route wasn't to be (we'll save that for Westley's lot next week)
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 16:00   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Been following text from Dan all afternoon Di !.... BBC have been up to date as well..for once !
Where did you find the link for that Alan? I reckoned to look but must've missed it
Old 22-10-2016, 16:05   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Where did you find the link for that Alan? I reckoned to look but must've missed it
Go to t'Fishy site...go to 'Team' on the menu bar ...drop the box...select 'match coverage '.

HEY PRESTO !
cashman likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 16:11   #23
God Member

Me too
Old 22-10-2016, 16:14   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Go to t'Fishy site...go to 'Team' on the menu bar ...drop the box...select 'match coverage '.

HEY PRESTO !
Cheers, will remember that for next time
Old 22-10-2016, 16:20   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Any away point's always welcome I suppose, sounded a close game - guess a repeat of last year's route wasn't to be (we'll save that for Westley's lot next week)
The stats dont bear that out Di, we had 20 attempts to Crawleys 6 according to the bbc.
Old 22-10-2016, 16:21   #26

Quote:
Cheers, will remember that for next time
me too, thanks Yonmon!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 16:23   #27

Text commentary been there all season apart from an odd one where there was a problem with the internet at the away ground.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 16:49   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Would have helped greatly if the club had mentioned that.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 22-10-2016, 17:29   #29
God Member

Pretty it was not, pretty dour it was. Stanley will no doubt feel they should have won as they created the better chances, but failed to convert any. Very crowded midfield, lots of beach ball heading, even more slipping backside over bosom, especially from MrGornell, when he wasn't bring penalised by the ref every time he challenged for the ball.
Was hoping to see Mr.Lacey strut his stuff in midfield but he just did OK, often needing or wanting a tad too much time and too many touches. But his task was made harder by rately having many options other than a short sideways pass to an already marked colleague.
Goalie and back four impressive again, and they dealt with Crawley's attempts to press in our penalty area much better than at Cambridge.
Best attacking move of the match, started by Matt Mattyhorn Pearson winning the ball just inside his own half and ending up barrelling his way onto their keeper, only to fire just wide.
Started the day being happy with the prospect of a point, so no complaints. But Stanley, especially their attacking midfield, still not quite there.
Chrisr likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 17:36   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would have helped greatly if the club had mentioned that.
Why would they need to? Its always been there for any old numpty to find

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..