Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2016, 18:12   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Crawley smash and grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Why would they need to? Its always been there for any old numpty to find
Well going off remarks on here, it seems many have not seen it, but keep kissing ass, makes no difference at all to me. i'm quite delighted to find this out, now i can shove titter were the sun don't shine.
KiTChener and Revived Red like this.

Last edited by cashman; 22-10-2016 at 18:15.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2016, 19:24   #32

Quote:
Why would they need to? Its always been there for any old numpty to find

well this old numpty used to find text link under match news...... so they change things & don't tell anyone?
Revived Red likes this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 20:00   #33

Curses! Feels like two points lost, especially after viewing the highlights.

Was very disappointed that Boco didn't start. I suppose Coleman must have his reasons why the very average Mr Gornell is preferred over a player so sublime.

Still, by all accounts we were the better team, sounds like we didn't lose in midfield and Coleman reckons it was the best performance this season - so could be classed as another step forward? Just frustratingly close to getting it right.

Coleman was sent to the stands at half time "the only manager in history to have been sent off without ever having left his seat".
cashman likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 20:05   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Why our most gifted player gets so little match time defies logic to me, then to bleat about missing chances is pathetic imho.
Old 22-10-2016, 20:48   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well going off remarks on here, it seems many have not seen it, but keep kissing ass, makes no difference at all to me. i'm quite delighted to find this out, now i can shove titter were the sun don't shine.
Kissing ass (Americanism, the preferred local dialect would be arse)? How in gods name is pointing out that the link has always been there kissing arse? Whether or not you appear to be a normal human being in 'real life' or not I for one have had enough of your odious, inflammatory remarks. You seem unable to post a single thing without adding some kind of insult. I realise you wont give a clowns ass one way or tuther but I'm now adding you to Room 101(blocked) along with Davo and Malcolm the Mole. Perhaps I can now go back to enjoying Accy Web without having to read your diatribe every third post on every thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
well this old numpty used to find text link under match news...... so they change things & don't tell anyone?
Sorry Kitchener, didnt intend to insult everyone who didnt know where the link was. I should have said 'any clown' then perhaps folk might have realised who it was aimed at.

The link has had it's own spot since the website changed as far as I know. Maybe the author of the match news section should include a link, but I think it is frequently written by different people.
Old 22-10-2016, 21:28   #36
Full Member+

This was a game crying out for a Chris Eagles appearance, He seems to be out of favour for some reason. He has the class touch to the strikers we seem to be lacking from midfield. He is a great play maker if he could get a run of games in the team we would have a lot more chances, we have the strike power it is just the link up play we are struggling with.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 00:25   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
This was a game crying out for a Chris Eagles appearance, He seems to be out of favour for some reason. He has the class touch to the strikers we seem to be lacking from midfield. He is a great play maker if he could get a run of games in the team we would have a lot more chances, we have the strike power it is just the link up play we are struggling with.
Hear! Hear! Agree totally, just don't know why he isn't starting every game. Coley could always take him off if there is a problem in the first half. He always looks rusty when he plays but he always will until he gets more game time!
monkey hanger likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 08:48   #38
Senior Member+

Sounds like we are still in need of a player who quite simply has 'The Knack' of being able to put the ball in the net!
We now seem to be pretty solid at the back but simply lack punch up front!
It seems to me that a safe prediction for most of our matches would be 0-0 !
That's exactly what I thought the score would be yesterday!
Oh for a proven goal scorer!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 08:59   #39

Without wishing to become embroiled in KissAssGate, I've just looked at the Official site.

Firstly, looks like a twitter feed on the home page. So I assume those who hate Twitter can still get the twitter updates without having to feel dirty and unclean?

Next, on the live coverage it look like there's some tweets in it. Where do these come from? Is it the dude who runs the live coverage that selectively adds them? Then I notice someone complaining about the negative comments - yet I can't see any negative comments. Am I missing something?

Finally, who is doing the respective coverages (Twitter and the web site feed)? Are they both associated with the club? If so, why are there two of them? Would it not be possible for both to use Twitter with the full twitter feed also going to the web site - thereby satisfying the needs and whims of all at a stroke?
Old 23-10-2016, 09:07   #40

Choirboy - I'm not sure it's that. Firstly I think we could do with bossing the midfield a bit better. From that we will get more service to our speedy, skilkful front/wide men. More chances created = more goals?

A proven goal scorer would be great too, but I'd think we can score enough with what we have given our great defence?

My gut feel tells me we'll get more chances and goals with Boco playing, and either Kee or Fletch (assuming he's good) rather than Terry.

Maybe Eagles playing well would make a difference?
Old 23-10-2016, 09:32   #41
God Member

Just watched the 'highlights' - although it didn't show too much - how on earth did the ball not go in amongst that goalmouth scramble?? It did look like Paddy was fouled as he attempted to get it over the line but a bit difficult to tell from the few seconds shown.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 09:49   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Yeah, that's where I always accessed it from so when the link wasn't there I just assumed there wasn't any coverage - didn't have the nouse to search elsewhere - at least we know now for future games
KiTChener and Revived Red like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 09:52   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Kissing ass (Americanism, the preferred local dialect would be arse)? How in gods name is pointing out that the link has always been there kissing arse? Whether or not you appear to be a normal human being in 'real life' or not I for one have had enough of your odious, inflammatory remarks. You seem unable to post a single thing without adding some kind of insult. I realise you wont give a clowns ass one way or tuther but I'm now adding you to Room 101(blocked) along with Davo and Malcolm the Mole. Perhaps I can now go back to enjoying Accy Web without having to read your diatribe every third post on every thread.

Sorry Kitchener, didnt intend to insult everyone who didnt know where the link was. I should have said 'any clown' then perhaps folk might have realised who it was aimed at.

The link has had it's own spot since the website changed as far as I know. Maybe the author of the match news section should include a link, but I think it is frequently written by different people.
:r ofl38: just demonstrating that if it dont suit yeh,
Old 23-10-2016, 11:08   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post

... on the live coverage it look like there's some tweets in it. Where do these come from? Is it the dude who runs the live coverage that selectively adds them? Then I notice someone complaining about the negative comments - yet I can't see any negative comments. Am I missing something?

Finally, who is doing the respective coverages (Twitter and the web site feed)? Are they both associated with the club? If so, why are there two of them? Would it not be possible for both to use Twitter with the full twitter feed also going to the web site - thereby satisfying the needs and whims of all at a stroke?
Dan Jewell is the guy who does most of our media stuff. He usually does the text coverage unless he is otherwise engaged with radio coverage, then Dany Robson or Ben Shorrock take over.

If you send a comment to the text coverage it will show on their screen and they can post or ignore accordingly. I would imagine the negative posts he mentioned were ones that werent published.

Going back to the 'missing link' its probably just an oversight, the other part has been live for over 2 years now so it would be just assumed that everyone knows about it - will DM Dan and let him know that they dont
Old 23-10-2016, 11:50   #45

Thanks Maccawozgod.

Is Dan the bloke that interviews Coleman? Whoever it is does it really well. Not like the usual idiots that try to interview managers. Almost a certain telepathy between them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..