Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2016, 13:44   #1

Crawley smash and grab

I see Crawley Town suffered a break in yesterday. Two bottles of prosecco and five bottles of champagne stolen. If Lord Stiffupperlip is going he'd better take his own bubbly, or else he'll be supping Stella with the plebs.

Anyone here going to witness our very own smash and grab of three valuable points? Sadly, I will not be going. Last time I did that tortuous trip to Crawley was in 1985. I travelled for hour upon hour to get to a wedding which I duly missed. I only made it to the reception - it was in a girl guides hut....all that way for a plate of fish paste butties and Elvis being played on a ghetto blaster in the corner. My bed for the night turned out to be a cold kitchen floor (although the batty bridesmaid was there to keep me warm - those were the days!). I vowed never to return unless carpets, a hot meal and a bed were guaranteed.

I don't see this one being a problem for us. Frustrated by our tight defence in the first half I then expect Boco and Stanley Fletcher to rip them apart in the second. It's got easy win written all over it.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2016, 13:59   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Crawley smash and grab

Can't see it being an easy win at all LordD, no more than 3-0.
Old 21-10-2016, 18:23   #3
God Member

Last season's 0-3 result was one of the 'easiest' three points Stanley got, but I doubt this time Crawley will be quite so accommodating. Given the clear-out and number of new signings over the summer, I had them down as an outside bet for the play-offs this season (but what do I know? Very little, mostly).
Looking forward to seeing Stanley put in a professional performance. Another 94th minute winner will do for me.
Big opportunity for Mr.Lacey in Captain Conneely's absence?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 19:03   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
With any luck,that would give us a better chance imho.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 21-10-2016, 20:50   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I see Crawley Town suffered a break in yesterday. Two bottles of prosecco and five bottles of champagne stolen. If Lord Stiffupperlip is going he'd better take his own bubbly, or else he'll be supping Stella with the plebs.

I don't see this one being a problem for us. Frustrated by our tight defence in the first half I then expect Boco and Stanley Fletcher to rip them apart in the second. It's got easy win written all over it.
We might be plebs, m'Lud, but no lager for us, just the good stuff. Brewery Shades on the High St is the place for hopped delights for all tastes.

As for easy wins, you're a year too late, old bean. Windass and Crooks ripped 'em apart this time last year. As Exile says, it'll be a different story tomorrow, but we need not travel without hope.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 22:24   #6
Full Member+

It can get creepy there John said.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 08:03   #7

Will be interesting to see who is picked in place of Seamus today - need someone who can give an easy option for our defenders/wing players and resist the temptation to resort to hoofball. Rommy to be a super sub again for us today methinks
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 09:34   #8
God Member

Not sure Paddy has the same level headedness as Seamus, from what I've seen of Aaron Davies , albeit he hasn't played much, he could be a candidate to fill the position?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 10:47   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Last season's 0-3 result was one of the 'easiest' three points Stanley got, but I doubt this time Crawley will be quite so accommodating. Given the clear-out and number of new signings over the summer, I had them down as an outside bet for the play-offs this season (but what do I know? Very little, mostly).
Looking forward to seeing Stanley put in a professional performance. Another 94th minute winner will do for me.
Remember it well exile!!,watched Crawley this season and their worse than last year !,hope I haven't jinked us,but they were poor
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 13:43   #10

No Boco, McCartan, Kee or Fletch in the starting line up.being saved for the second half goal blitz after they have been lulled into a false sense of security.
What a wily old fox Coleman is.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 13:47   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Lacey is only change, is Billy still injured? He Aint on the bench.

Last edited by cashman; 22-10-2016 at 13:50.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 14:21   #12
God Member

If only there was text commentary, these questions could be asked?? . . .

Just checked on twitter feed, Billy still injured & should know more about his long he's out for by next week bless him, hope he's back sooner rather than later
cashman likes this.

Last edited by AccyMad; 22-10-2016 at 14:26.
Old 22-10-2016, 14:28   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

How come the coverage aint what it was? very poor now imho
Old 22-10-2016, 14:42   #14
God Member

Don't know Cashy, seems like the twitter feed has taken it's place - to be fair we probably don't have enough personnel to run both - seems I'm gonna have to drag myself into this century
Old 22-10-2016, 14:45   #15
God Member

Newport's keeper been sent off, looks like he won't be visiting the Crown next week - shame, it'll give that nice Mr. Westley a headache

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..