Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 15:55   #16

Re: Crewe

FT what a come back! Unbeaten run continues, up to 12th 4 points from playoffs! The dream is beginning to look real!
Old 08-04-2017, 15:57   #17
God Member

Absolutely FABULOUS Congrats Super STANLEY
Lord Love Rocket likes this.
Old 08-04-2017, 16:09   #18

Proper game of 2 halves, 2 well taken goals by Crewe and deservedly in front. Sub and change at half time putting Matty Pearson in middle worked well. Got a goal back and the confidence flew back. You had a feeling from there we could win it.shay mccartain is looking some player most games now and in the second half he was brilliant. Crewe where quite a good side going forward and could easily have got a equaliser late on. But with Shay's free kicks and mcconville's delivery higher placed play off contenders should be concerned. Roll on Blackpool. Tough game but with hopefully half of accrington there singing and cheering Stanley on. It should be good;

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2017, 16:16   #19
God Member

Brilliant result, well done to the men in red for fighting back. Even the curse of manager/player of the month was laid to rest.
AccyMad, Greeny and monkey hanger like this.
Old 08-04-2017, 16:22   #20

Excellent boys well done
Old 08-04-2017, 16:26   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

How we got 3Pts after an abysmal first half performance is completely beyond me. but we did and it could have been 5-3 to stanley, we were superb 2 nd half,Well done Stanley the impossible is now looking achievable, its only 4 pts.
Old 08-04-2017, 16:31   #22

Beckles was atrocious first half and didn't get much better second what a liability
Old 08-04-2017, 16:32   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Beckles was atrocious first half and didn't get much better second what a liability
Some of us has been saying this for weeks
Old 08-04-2017, 16:33   #24
Full Member+

Great result in the end. The first half Crewe played us off the park. Harvey Rodgers defended brilliantly but his forward play was poor. We could easily have in at half time 3 or 4 down. we fought back well in the second half although we snatched the game I can't understand why we didn't use our subs more effectively. The Don did come on second half in place of Husin. We should have put young Edwards on and rested Billy who got another battering. But Crewe played some beautiful football. Our passing is so poor at times. The video will make a great training video. But the run goes on.
Old 08-04-2017, 16:53   #25
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Some of us has been saying this for weeks
We have noticed for at least the last 6/8 weeks he seems to have gone off his game. We have better players on the bench who can't get a game. I Coley needs to open his eyes a bit more, I am sure he would be loathed to change a winning team but I am a little concerned at the lack of use of the subs. But the run goes on.
Old 08-04-2017, 17:08   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
We have noticed for at least the last 6/8 weeks he seems to have gone off his game. We have better players on the bench who can't get a game. I Coley needs to open his eyes a bit more, I am sure he would be loathed to change a winning team but I am a little concerned at the lack of use of the subs. But the run goes on.
I think Omar has got it into his head he's a better player than he is. All he does is direct people what to when he needs to concentrate on his own game, very poor player. Yozzer Hughes was immense today as was young Harvey
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-04-2017, 17:10   #27

Anyone seen TWENTY EIGHT he's gone quiet?
Old 08-04-2017, 17:14   #28

What a comeback! And good results for Carlisle and Exeter too.

Reckon a mere 12 points from 5 games might steal it? Newport might be the one we lose - they are putting some decent results together.

Gutted not to have been there.

Can't believe the anti Omar stuff I'm reading. Fair enough if he was poor today but even at his worst he usually does well in my opinion.

Anyway, I see the opinion of the person who matters most is now available. Off for a listen....
Old 08-04-2017, 17:25   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
What a comeback! And good results for Carlisle and Exeter too.

Reckon a mere 12 points from 5 games might steal it? Newport might be the one we lose - they are putting some decent results together.

Gutted not to have been there.

Can't believe the anti Omar stuff I'm reading. Fair enough if he was poor today but even at his worst he usually does well in my opinion.

Anyway, I see the opinion of the person who matters most is now available. Off for a listen....
He's been a liability for a few months now don't know who he thinks he is
Old 08-04-2017, 18:09   #30
Senior Member+

What the hell has happened to Carlisle?

Seems they were a 1 man team and completely reliant on the striker they sold in Jan
st06nc2 likes this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..