Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 18:13   #31
I am Banned

Re: Crewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
What the hell has happened to Carlisle?

Seems they were a 1 man team and completely reliant on the striker they sold in Jan
Same as grimsby
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2017, 18:24   #32
Junior Member+

Don't normally comment but after today's result I can't resist.
First half we had the possession but our passing choices from ever area just invited pressure. Thought Conneely was poor first half and the first goal came from him losing possession. Omar and Rodgers both seemed to lose the plot when passing but all over the park we seemed to think we were better than them but fair play to Crewe they were up for it more. They only had two real chances but buried them both.
2nd half we eventually woke up and there was only one team in it.
As for man of the match, as much as Shay was a threat 2nd half and scored a cracking goal I thought Hughes was the stand out performer (even without his goals) he didn't miss a beat.
I agree sub's could be used more and whilst I agree Edward's has a part to play he can't do what Billy does - as much as he's bigger I'm not sure he's the type of player to get one on one with a centre half - would you therefore take Shay off instead?
Overall a superb result and shows what a team spirit we've got. Next week is the big one - let's invade the seaside and show them who really is the pride of Lancashire!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2017, 18:53   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:

Seems they were a 1 man team and completely reliant on the striker they sold in Jan
Same as Bogle FC, I mean Grimsby FC!
Old 08-04-2017, 19:05   #34
Senior Member+

The fact that Crewe were a very good side, with a very good midfield in particular makes the victory so much better.
Chris Dagnall showed that he is still one of the Leagues better strikers and still possesses a great turn of speed, which firstly makes Mark Hughes' display exceptional, whilst outlining perhaps one reason for Omar's apparent lethargy !.
Their No.24 was outstanding and his goal, Crewe's first, was really well struck and caught Marek totally by surprise.
I'm beginning to sound like The Railwaymen's number one fan !...so I'll just say well done Reds not only for your application but for once again showing a great team spirit when faced with a mountain to climb.
Finally a word of praise for JC whose half-time introduction of Don really did make a difference, but more so for creating a second-half team of winners from 11 lads who had been under the cosh for 45 minutes !.

KTF ....with pride !
Old 08-04-2017, 19:30   #35
God Member

Can't add much more to Yonmon's post - except brilliant second half lads, just brilliant!! Can't wait for next week's encounter with Blackpool - don't like to even breathe it but it's starting to look like 2010/11 season all over again - bring it on!
chevyfire likes this.
Old 08-04-2017, 19:32   #36
I am Banned

Platform 12 Forum from Footymad.net

Crewed fan forum, not a single mention of today's game
Old 08-04-2017, 19:34   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post

What a surprise! Those grapes can be pretty sour when you surrender a two goal lead
Greeny and monkey hanger like this.
Old 08-04-2017, 20:07   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post

Not a very active forum, subject 'Match Predictions', only three comments, last one two & a half hours before kick-off!!
Must be a better forum somewhere, or are they not 'tech savvy' in that particular part of Cheshire?
Old 08-04-2017, 21:17   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Not a very active forum, subject 'Match Predictions', only three comments, last one two & a half hours before kick-off!!
Must be a better forum somewhere, or are they not 'tech savvy' in that particular part of Cheshire?
Probably not, they're caught somewhere in the no mans land between being Mancs & Scousers, bound to screw anyone up
KiTChener likes this.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:06   #40
God Member

first half was back to november and december again. second half for me the best 45 of the season. a comeback like that is even sweeter when it,s against crewe. hope we can do the same at stevenage.
Greeny likes this.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:08   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:

And the relevance of this in a thread about Stanley v Crewe?
KiTChener and choirboy like this.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:53   #42
Senior Member+

Crewe are a decent young football side and although I missed the game,I fancied our experienced players to get the better of them.
Did we move Matty into centre mid in second half?,if so,that's a great move from Coley,despite Yonmons insistence he can't play there !! Lol.
Only downside yesterday was me trying to follow the game whilst competing on the golf course in Spain.
Going two down caused me to have two blobs and I eventually come second,by one point,dam you Acci !!!
Old 09-04-2017, 09:12   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
And the relevance of this in a thread about Stanley v Crewe?
Perhaps Davs, Crewe Fan Liaison Officer as well?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:40   #44
Senior Member+

It was certainly a 'Game of Two Halves' yesterday!
Give credit to Crewe as they played really well in the first half and they created and finished their two goals superbly.
Coley realised where our main problem was, which I was pointing out to my family at half time. It seemed clear to me that we were playing too deep in central midfield and allowing their No 8 and No 18 too much time on the ball to set up their incisive attacks. They were both excellent players IMHO.
Husin did really well when he came into the team when Seamus was injured but he does play in a very similar way to Seamus. Coley realised this and moved Pearson into midfield with clear instructions to play higher up towards the two Crewe midfielders and to upset their playing pattern. Which he did very effectively and this tactical move was the game changer for me. The Don slotted in well at left back, the whole team got their 'Mojo' back and we took the match by the scruff of the neck. Hughes was brilliant, so was Harvey Rodgers! When we were really 'Under the Cosh' in the first half he put in some timely, outstanding tackles on their talented left winger!
Our goals were fully deserved in the second half and resulted from massive pressure with Beckles in particular making his presence felt in their penalty box at corner kicks! Omar had been a little too casual at times but that is just his style. I still believe that he will eventually play at a higher level. Shay's goal from the free kick was just PERFECTION! It was right in front of us in the Clayton End and the ball went in to a 'box' no bigger than 12 Square Inches in between the post and the crossbar! ......Simply UNSTOPPABLE!

We should have had a penalty at 3 - 2 when Clarke was dragged off the ball when a cross came in from the left wing. IMHO the referee was all at sea regarding his use, or mis-use of the yellow card! Their No5 had been booked early on in the first half for a professional foul, which some of those around me thought should have been a red card. The same No 5 should have received a second yellow for a violent tackle into the back of either Billy... or Matt, (not sure which?), where he just smashed into the back of our lad violently and dangerously! The ref chickened out and then immediately booked Billy for a much less dangerous mistimed effort to get to the ball. Shortly afterwards he booked Shay for simply 'Trying too hard!' in his quest to get to the ball too!
In the end we fully deserved our win and we could have won by a score of 5 -3 or even 6-3 !
The players are certainly 'Believing' in themselves and always look confident that they are going to score goals. Our defence has looked solid for most of the season and if Omar can just fully maintain his concentration and eliminate that degree of casualness that he showed on Saturday then we should win more matches before the end of the season.
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
:dr ink:

Last edited by choirboy; 09-04-2017 at 09:42.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:14   #45
Full Member+

Crew's two goals were absolute gems and Stanley let themselves down , I could not see us getting anything from the game at all. How wrong I was , the second half we ran rings round Crewe , I bet they wondered what had hit them . The goals were beauties and well deserved. Same again on Friday lads . Well done.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..