Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2017, 10:20   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Crewe

The thing that really baffles me, is how our Manager can say,"We played well first half"?? Everyone i spoke to at half time had the complete opposite view, me i thought we were very poor first 45 mins.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:39   #47

I had a premonition that this game would prove to be tougher than we all expected.
At half time I thought our dreams were well & truly over.
A few months ago the result could have turned into an embarrassing rout.
However, such is the current confidence that when our first goal went in I knew we'd get at least a draw and following the second, I knew we'd win!
Now I truly believe anything is possible.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:49   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
I had a premonition that this game would prove to be tougher than we all expected.
At half time I thought our dreams were well & truly over.
A few months ago the result could have turned into an embarrassing rout.
However, such is the current confidence that when our first goal went in I knew we'd get at least a draw and following the second, I knew we'd win!
Now I truly believe anything is possible.
Agree in the pub pre-match i said we would win, cos Crewe are a footballing side, which they certainly are, at half time, i was convinced we were knackered, aint life a funny owd thing.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:05   #49
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
The fact that Crewe were a very good side, with a very good midfield in particular makes the victory so much better.
Chris Dagnall showed that he is still one of the Leagues better strikers and still possesses a great turn of speed, which firstly makes Mark Hughes' display exceptional, whilst outlining perhaps one reason for Omar's apparent lethargy !.
Their No.24 was outstanding and his goal, Crewe's first, was really well struck and caught Marek totally by surprise.
I'm beginning to sound like The Railwaymen's number one fan !...so I'll just say well done Reds not only for your application but for once again showing a great team spirit when faced with a mountain to climb.
Finally a word of praise for JC whose half-time introduction of Don really did make a difference, but more so for creating a second-half team of winners from 11 lads who had been under the cosh for 45 minutes !.

KTF ....with pride !
Don't think a keeper should be taken by surprise when a player runs into shooting position looks up at the goals and then shoots
Old 09-04-2017, 11:10   #50
God Member

Smile Re: Crewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Crewe are a decent young football side and although I missed the game,I fancied our experienced players to get the better of them.
Did we move Matty into centre mid in second half?,if so,that's a great move from Coley,despite Yonmons insistence he can't play there !! Lol.
Only downside yesterday was me trying to follow the game whilst competing on the golf course in Spain.
Going two down caused me to have two blobs and I eventually come second,by one point,dam you Acci !!!
Yes we did mate and yes it was!!

Changed the game completely, he just rampaged all over the midfield - and the pitch

Matty P. and Noor, does not work - in my opinion, but Matty and Seamus does

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 09-04-2017, 11:51   #51
I am Banned

Can see Husin been replaced with brown now he's back from suspension
Old 09-04-2017, 12:50   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Can see Husin been replaced with brown now he's back from suspension
Got to question Brown's overall discipline and number of games that causes him to miss. He's been sent off 3 times this season, resulting in him being banned for 10 games. Add in the 2 games he didn't finish with being sent off (his sending off at Colchester was on 92nd minute). Looking at this over a season, that's 12 games he's missed - our club can't carry a first team pick who's making himself unavailable for 1/4 of our games.

He should be experienced enough now at 31 or 32 to manage his way through games better.
Old 09-04-2017, 13:56   #53
Senior Member+

To be honest Joe I would play him there for rest of the season.
What other centre mid rampages forward,scores goals,defends brilliantly,drives the team forward and has an unbelievable engine?
Another nugget polished by Coley,long may it continue!!
Old 09-04-2017, 14:09   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
To be honest Joe I would play him there for rest of the season.
What other centre mid rampages forward,scores goals,defends brilliantly,drives the team forward and has an unbelievable engine?
Another nugget polished by Coley,long may it continue!!
That makes good sense to me.
Old 09-04-2017, 14:52   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Anyone seen TWENTY EIGHT he's gone quiet?
I was at the game but had to shoot off straight after to attend a function in Yorkshire.
Whether I'm quiet or not is irrelevant.
First half extremely poor and credit to the gaffer for tightening up centre mid.
Found myself feeling a little sorry for Crewe. Cooper is a great player can see him going on to bigger things. Daggers great as ever full of running - you can tell he's played at a higher level.
Second half closed them down pinned them in and got rewards.
Had that game been just before Xmas we'd have got tanked by 4.
Confidence ......

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 09-04-2017 at 14:53. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-04-2017, 16:46   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Crewe are a decent young football side and although I missed the game,I fancied our experienced players to get the better of them.
Did we move Matty into centre mid in second half?,if so,that's a great move from Coley,despite Yonmons insistence he can't play there !! Lol.
Only downside yesterday was me trying to follow the game whilst competing on the golf course in Spain.
Going two down caused me to have two blobs and I eventually come second,by one point,dam you Acci !!!
My heart bleeds for you !.
Old 09-04-2017, 17:03   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Don't think a keeper should be taken by surprise when a player runs into shooting position looks up at the goals and then shoots
What I should have reported perhaps, after watching the highlights,was that the quality of the finish took Marek by surprise !.....would you concur that this version is more apposite ?.

I didn't mention either that watching The Reds lay seige to Crewe's goal-area to a degree where their defence had little or no answer to the battering was most satisfying !.

KTF....with pride !.
AccyMad, cashman and Revived Red like this.
Old 09-04-2017, 18:26   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I was at the game but had to shoot off straight after to attend a function in Yorkshire.
Whether I'm quiet or not is irrelevant.
First half extremely poor and credit to the gaffer for tightening up centre mid.
Found myself feeling a little sorry for Crewe. Cooper is a great player can see him going on to bigger things. Daggers great as ever full of running - you can tell he's played at a higher level.
Second half closed them down pinned them in and got rewards.
Had that game been just before Xmas we'd have got tanked by 4.
Confidence ......
There's a lot of love for some of these Crewe players about this weekend they weren't that good! Cooper looked half decent but also a right f**** and a big time Charlie to boot
Old 09-04-2017, 19:06   #59
Senior Member+

Based upon what Sir ?
Cooper is a talent.
First half they took us to the cleaners.
Old 09-04-2017, 19:09   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Based upon what Sir ?
Cooper is a talent.
First half they took us to the cleaners.
Football matches last 90 minutes Jon no good taking us to the cleaners for 45 of them is it
monkey hanger likes this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..