Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2021, 21:09   #46
God Member

Re: Crewe away match thread.

No complaints about the result.
Clearly can’t rely on Chelsea kids to win games - both Uwakwe and Russell are too lightweight and knocked off the ball but I don’t think there was a Stanley player who performed to an acceptable level for a promotion chasing side.

Hughes’ running battle with Mandron started with the latter smacking him in the face in the first half. Of course the ref didn’t see it, maybe his paunch got in the way, but I wonder if the EFL will look at it? Looked a clear forearm smash that Mick McManus would have been proud of.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2021, 21:15   #47
God Member

At least other results tonight weren’t too damaging!
Crown Grounder likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 21:15   #48
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
My opinion is tonight a combination of playing 2 games a week injuries to key players having obvious tired legs in there , but put the game tonight into perspective, a mistake in defence and a rare error led to their first goal, unfortunately down to 10 men and then Bishop should really have equalised. The problem some participants on this forum have though and we all have our favourite players some just don't like any criticism of their particular one.I,m Stanley red through and through and am naturally disappointed by tonight,s result. The midfield first half particularly just didn't look right, Conneelly tired not his fault he is a first name on team sheet and captain, Phillips doesn't cut the mustard, McConville first game back and it showed, Butcher guilty of being caught in possession. Positives as I always try to see some Morgan impressed fresh legs should get a start, could and should have scored Baxter recovered from his error to pull of 2 certain goals saves. We could do with a break but won't get one will be an interesting team selection Saturday and a result will keep us up there.
Sensible post. Conneely struggled with Phillips getting dragged wide one way and butcher the other. Hasn’t got the pace so tends to sit deep but the triangle Crewe played around him was just too easy! (Favourite player - yes. However, I actually find it easier to criticise players I like more as expect high things from them!)
Agree about Morgan. Different game if Phillips scores early doors and Colby levels at 1-1. Surprised McConville is playing central. Thought Dion worked his socks off tracking back.
Russell has been poor. Bench looked week. No sign of Mansell which is strange unless injured.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 21:17   #49

Morgan's a real find.......like him......similar to Seamus in reading the game....he's a better passer forward......but time will tell...we've never had competition for that position before....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 21:20   #50

How are we still 7th?...... Love it....
Old 23-02-2021, 21:23   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Sensible post. Conneely struggled with Phillips getting dragged wide one way and butcher the other. Hasn’t got the pace so tends to sit deep but the triangle Crewe played around him was just too easy! (Favourite player - yes. However, I actually find it easier to criticise players I like more as expect high things from them!)
Agree about Morgan. Different game if Phillips scores early doors and Colby levels at 1-1. Surprised McConville is playing central. Thought Dion worked his socks off tracking back.
Russell has been poor. Bench looked week. No sign of Mansell which is strange unless injured.
Thought Mansell was on loan at Halifax but hasn't been on their team sheets either, with Cassidy sidelined and Smyth tweaking his hamstring unless we name a youngster no striker options on bench which is a worry, systems you play can influence games if you play well in them certainly think we were better with the 3-5-2 and wingbacks, Pritchard hopefully back available for Fleetwood along with Smyth they give us genuine pace and frighten defence,s, Beckles had a far to easy night tonight.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 21:26   #52
Full Member+

Mansell back with us, only a month loan.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 21:30   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Mansell back with us, only a month loan.
Didn't know that don't usually miss anything if that's the case then with no fit strikers he either isn't showing enough in training or they don't think he's good enough, or face doesn't fit.
Old 23-02-2021, 21:35   #54
God Member

To make things worse Rodgers will face a ban straight red for tackle on last man is it a 1 or 3 match ban?
Old 23-02-2021, 21:36   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thought Beckles was very good tonight for crewe sadly. always rated the lad when he was with us.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-02-2021, 21:53   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thought Beckles was very good tonight for crewe sadly. always rated the lad when he was with us.
Crewe aren't a bad side that back four Daniel,s the lad on loan, Beckles and Pickering easily the best full back in league 1 now a Blackburn rovers player, probably one of the best on their day back fours in the league.
Old 23-02-2021, 22:08   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Left for more money Cashy......don't they all....eventually...😁
Old 23-02-2021, 22:11   #58

Quote:
Crewe aren't a bad side that back four Daniel,s the lad on loan, Beckles and Pickering easily the best full back in league 1 now a Blackburn rovers player, probably one of the best on their day back fours in the league.
Punching above our weight Andyd.....I just hope we don't do a Wycombe.......this season..
Old 23-02-2021, 22:45   #59

Quote:
Didn't know that don't usually miss anything if that's the case then with no fit strikers he either isn't showing enough in training or they don't think he's good enough, or face doesn't fit.
Forwards not the problem...in my opinion.....lack of service is the problem tonight.....
Watchdog likes this.
Old 23-02-2021, 22:57   #60

Butcher an Phillips looked out on there feet after 20 minutes a rest would benefit both. We started brightly an after 15 minutes I thought we was in for an easy nights work then a lapse of concentration an the game changes. Uwakwe an Russell arnt good enough , in my opinion we need to go back to what was getting us success with 352 we have no width in this formation.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..