Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2021, 22:01   #61
God Member

Re: Crewe away match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
To make things worse Rodgers will face a ban straight red for tackle on last man is it a 1 or 3 match ban?
If it was last man, it will be 1 I believe

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2021, 22:28   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
If it was last man, it will be 1 I believe
Harvey recently short of game time...don't judge him too harshley....he had s decision to make and it didn't work out...keeper may have saved?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 22:36   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Butcher an Phillips looked out on there feet after 20 minutes a rest would benefit both. We started brightly an after 15 minutes I thought we was in for an easy nights work then a lapse of concentration an the game changes. Uwakwe an Russell arnt good enough , in my opinion we need to go back to what was getting us success with 352 we have no width in this formation.
Unfair on Uwakwe and Russell....who have had limited game time in recent games. Bigger questions remain about other more senior players (favourites) who no longer fulfil their original purpose and who should move on or into coaching before them cost us dear.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 07:44   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Unfair on Uwakwe and Russell....who have had limited game time in recent games. Bigger questions remain about other more senior players (favourites) who no longer fulfil their original purpose and who should move on or into coaching before them cost us dear.
Good point apart from 15 minute and gift wrapping both their goals they outplayed us they aren't a bad side when allowed to play, we could have had a result if taking our chances, games of fine margins this season though with games coming thick and fast there isn't much time for training and working on things. What we need to do at Fleetwood if we start well is take the chances on offer maybe a change upfront Bishop looks a bit jaded but who ever plays if we get in front we play with more confidence plenty of twists and turns ahead every team has a lot of games to fit in injuries, fitness and suspensions will have an effect.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 08:00   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Who’s on your list mate ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 08:06   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Who’s on your list mate ?
That " favourite pin cushion has been pricked again ".
Old 24-02-2021, 08:20   #67
God Member

I’d give the squad two days off and tell ‘em to just get some rest.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 08:29   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
They are apparently having today off.
Old 24-02-2021, 09:57   #69
Full Member+

"Favouritism".. whatever you want to call it...
Can be one of 3 players...

Conneely, club captain. Not just me, look across Social Media and see how many fans are singing his praises, majority saying he has been our player of season.
McConville - agree he has been poor and stop start. Year out can't have helped. Neither playing him out of position. His experience has been slated and yes I agree he shouldn't have recently got the 4 game ban, however, experience is vital in a young squad.
Hughes - Looked leggy but again some of the tackles he made Tuesday night were brilliant. Reads the game very very well. With Sykes missing I don't think he can be dropped. Only obvious option is playing Notts & Burgess centre half. But we don't have a good enough right or left back to fill in.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 10:10   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
really agree with that after some of the lads were playing on empty. this catches up on players all of a sudden and at this time of the season rest is more important than training. the players have not a fitness problem but a rest one just to re charge their batteries.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 10:38   #71
God Member

Plus the pitches - ours in particular - are very heavy!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 13:37   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
"Favouritism".. whatever you want to call it...
Can be one of 3 players...

Conneely, club captain. Not just me, look across Social Media and see how many fans are singing his praises, majority saying he has been our player of season.
McConville - agree he has been poor and stop start. Year out can't have helped. Neither playing him out of position. His experience has been slated and yes I agree he shouldn't have recently got the 4 game ban, however, experience is vital in a young squad.
Hughes - Looked leggy but again some of the tackles he made Tuesday night were brilliant. Reads the game very very well. With Sykes missing I don't think he can be dropped. Only obvious option is playing Notts & Burgess centre half. But we don't have a good enough right or left back to fill in.
Opinions again Conneelly has played well but he certainly isn't my player of the season, he's had a few under par games in my " opinion " up until last night when he made a error Baxter has been faultless and outstanding keeping us in many games way ahead for player so far for season. But putting that nonsense aside it's a team game we have missed Pritchard and Smyth gives us another option going forward, but games are generally decided in midfield and McConville to me hasn't been near his best, Coley mentioned last night in his interview team not getting him on the ball enough good comment but it also shows Coley,s faith in him which could be clouding his judgement. Personally would give Morgan a start and see how he goes maybe in the hole.
cashman and pifco like this.
Old 24-02-2021, 13:52   #73
Senior Member+

Crewe played football... Stanley kicked a football around !.
Crewe scored twice and won... Stanley failed to score !.
Crewe won... Stanley lost !.

Nothing more to add !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 14:33   #74
Full Member+

Quote:
Opinions again Conneelly has played well but he certainly isn't my player of the season, he's had a few under par games in my " opinion " up until last night when he made a error Baxter has been faultless and outstanding keeping us in many games way ahead for player so far for season. But putting that nonsense aside it's a team game we have missed Pritchard and Smyth gives us another option going forward, but games are generally decided in midfield and McConville to me hasn't been near his best, Coley mentioned last night in his interview team not getting him on the ball enough good comment but it also shows Coley,s faith in him which could be clouding his judgement. Personally would give Morgan a start and see how he goes maybe in the hole.
Opinions yes, but what i'm saying is vast majority of people are praising Conneely. Not sure why many seem to have a grudge against him.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 15:15   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
That " favourite pin cushion has been pricked again ".
Excuse me ?
1/ The question wasn't for you.
2/ Crown Grounder referred to players - you know the plural of player.
I was just interested in who he thought.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..